Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 1st 2013 new
I had typed out a very long response to yours, complete with a point by point analysis of what I said and your response. I decided to delete it and instead I will say this: I'm just the messenger, don't shoot me because you don't like the news.
Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Matthew-831994 said: I had typed out a very long response to yours, complete with a point by point analysis of what I said ...
(Quote) Matthew-831994 said: I had typed out a very long response to yours, complete with a point by point analysis of what I said and your response. I decided to delete it and instead I will say this: I'm just the messenger, don't shoot me because you don't like the news.
--hide--

Matthew FYI. I never said that I did not like the news. I was simply telling you that your choice of delivery would probably not be well received as it does not sound loving and was laced with sacarsm. You can say the SAME thing and deliver the SAME message using a more loving tone and have it well received. That is my only point. Try to step back from situations and access what is truly being said. I have found that to be extremely helpful in my interactions. Since I may be saying it all wrong I will use the words of a well known sage. wink Mary Poppins said it well. " Just a spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down in the most delightful way. "

Learning to speak to women and communicate your needs in a loving way is going to be key to a happy, successful marriage. Most people will tell you that a lack of communication or poor communication is the number one cause of marital breakdown. We are here to help each other. I was just trying to tell you that what you were saying, though it might be valid, may not be well received because of the tone of how you said. Simply that. Nothing more, nothing less. Try to see it as that and not read more into it. Just a sister in Christ offering some advice based on an observation because I care.

Feb 1st 2013 new
You asked for things we would never say, and get bothered by the tone of it? I would never say it, so why does it matter what tone I use? I used the tone I did to lighten it up, at least one woman on here recognized it for what it was: a funny way to convey something I would never say in hopes that some woman out there could glean a little understanding from it. The sarcasm IS the spoonfull of sugar. What I said is no different than the video about the "nothing box". I'm aware that delivery would not be well received by someone I might actually have a relationship with, that's why I would never say it.
Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Since we had the 15 things thread and no guy answered the question on what they want, I thought t...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Since we had the 15 things thread and no guy answered the question on what they want, I thought that I would start another thread to get some answers. I know that all of the ladies on here would love to know the answer to this. Keep them coming fellas.

--hide--

To dress better when we go out or to church, to wear skirts and dresses more often unless doing an activity where there are inappropriate, to always style her hair and wear make-up (although minimally if we are doing something more athletic than golf). To learn enough about my favorite teams, to ask questions and engage in conversation---- even though baseball, golf and football are NOT my profession. . . see below---start it at 4:40 or so. . .

www.youtube.com

From the classic 90's drama about the 40's, Homefront (the Metcalf family and most of their middle-class friends are all Roman Catholics, btw).

Posts 21 - 24 of 24