Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

tinyurl.com

USA Today is reporting that the Boy Scouts of America may allow for "gay" members and leaders to join by leaving that decision up to local councils and troops:

Here's what the father of one Eagle Scout wrote to the Scouts:

I can't emphasize enough how foolish this would be. What you are doing will wreck Scouting completely. Troops would become the targets of lawsuits. My son's former troop would be a prime target for one. They're Catholic and faithfully so. That's why I drove 40 miles every Monday night to take him there until he became an Eagle at 17. But I can easily imagine someone wanting their "out" son to join or some "out" adult wanting to lead and the troop being sued because the current leaders won't let either one happen. Then what? Then Troop 186 goes out of existence. Is that your goal?

... That scene is going to replay through all through country if you do not stand strong. If there are troops or councils that want to yield to the lobby, then let those troops and/or councils go on their own. Let them form their own group that says it's OK not to believe in God or to be morally straight. Yielding on this will make the BSA become the GLTBSA.

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: www.usatoday.com.
(Quote) Denise-687929 said:

www.usatoday.comnews/nation/2013/01/28/boy-scouts-gay-united-way/1870919/?csp=breakingnews

USA Today is reporting that the Boy Scouts of America may allow for "gay" members and leaders to join by leaving that decision up to local councils and troops:

Here's what the father of one Eagle Scout wrote to the Scouts:

I can't emphasize enough how foolish this would be. What you are doing will wreck Scouting completely. Troops would become the targets of lawsuits. My son's former troop would be a prime target for one. They're Catholic and faithfully so. That's why I drove 40 miles every Monday night to take him there until he became an Eagle at 17. But I can easily imagine someone wanting their "out" son to join or some "out" adult wanting to lead and the troop being sued because the current leaders won't let either one happen. Then what? Then Troop 186 goes out of existence. Is that your goal?

... That scene is going to replay through all through country if you do not stand strong. If there are troops or councils that want to yield to the lobby, then let those troops and/or councils go on their own. Let them form their own group that says it's OK not to believe in God or to be morally straight. Yielding on this will make the BSA become the GLTBSA.

--hide--

That is exactly what will happen to Catholic troops like 186, and 222 which I am an adult leader for. It will happen to Mormon troops, Catholic ones, and Protestant ones.

Infiltration and "gotcha" lawsuits will be the order of the day once this gets started, and this cannot be allowed to begin. If you think the GLTQ... will leave Scouting alone if this happens, or allow Scouting troops and councils to go without becoming crooked, you don't know the Left.

Neuhaus was quite correct when he postulated the Law of Optional Orthodoxy, "When orthodoxy becomes optional, it soon becomes proscribed."

Jan 29th 2013 new

Thank you Steven for your comments.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: That is exactly what will happen to Catholic troops like 186, and 222 which I am an adu...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

That is exactly what will happen to Catholic troops like 186, and 222 which I am an adult leader for. It will happen to Mormon troops, Catholic ones, and Protestant ones.

Infiltration and "gotcha" lawsuits will be the order of the day once this gets started, and this cannot be allowed to begin. If you think the GLTQ... will leave Scouting alone if this happens, or allow Scouting troops and councils to go without becoming crooked, you don't know the Left.

Neuhaus was quite correct when he postulated the Law of Optional Orthodoxy, "When orthodoxy becomes optional, it soon becomes proscribed."

--hide--

All those are already underway and have been for years.

The main stream media has been attacking the Boy Scouts for years. There are fewer trops today than there used to be.

Jan 30th 2013 new

On that day, I will mail back my Eagle Scout award and have no further association with Scouting.

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: That is exactly what will happen to Catholic troops like 186, and 222 which I am an adu...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

--hide--

Jan 30th 2013 new

Obamas AmeriKa

Jan 30th 2013 new

Thank you Paul, Ed and Bernard for your comments.

This is a changed America and who knows what the next four years hold.

God Bless America.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) ed-925050 said: On that day, I will mail back my Eagle Scout award and have no further association with Scouting.
(Quote) ed-925050 said:

On that day, I will mail back my Eagle Scout award and have no further association with Scouting.

--hide--

I will keep my Eagle Scout from the days when it meant something. If the day comes, we regroup and come up with something truly countercultural and counter-revolutionary.

Maybe something like the Catholic Scouts and Guides groups in France, some of which are connected to Traditionalist Catholic parishes.

en.wikipedia.org

Jan 31st 2013 new

I read that several large corporations were withholding financial support. UPS was one of them.

See link : www.glaad.org.

The Merk Foundation withdrew funding over this issue.

The Boy Scouts should have not cave in! They should stand their ground! Give an inch, they will take a mile!

Feb 1st 2013 new

I think many parents will just stop supporting the scouts. For the past decade, the gays have been right up there with everyone else condeming the Catholic church for the child abuse saga, lining up all the way to the Pope for not doing more to protect children. Now, the rest of America is supposed to sit idly by while gay leaders and members are going to be in close contact with their kids, and impressing upon them with wacked out lifestyle choices at impressionable ages when many are at some stage of puberty? Sorry, but I flat out slam the door in their face if it was my child at risk.

Posts 1 - 10 of 20