Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Since we can't immediately raise the mental ability of the masses, it seems r...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Since we can't immediately raise the mental ability of the masses, it seems reasonable that we can guide them in the right direction (pun intended) using mass media. I'm sick of wallowing around in despair since the election. A lot of money was spent on the last presidential election to no avail. Someone needs to think outside the box and the buying of the media markets seem to me to be what conservatives need to be considering. What do you think, Paul?

- Elizabeth

--hide--

One of the problems is that where actually ownership by a majority owner can be ascertained or ascribed, the majority of those media operations are owned by those who can be described as conservative.

But for whatever reason, they hire and put in positions of power only liberal editors. All of whom are products of the journalism schools which are all populated by the wackiest of leftist professors.

Why those conservative owners don't execise more direct control and rein in the lefties is one of those mysteries that escape comprehension.

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: One of the problems is that where actually ownership by a majority owner can be ascertain...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

One of the problems is that where actually ownership by a majority owner can be ascertained or ascribed, the majority of those media operations are owned by those who can be described as conservative.

But for whatever reason, they hire and put in positions of power only liberal editors. All of whom are products of the journalism schools which are all populated by the wackiest of leftist professors.

Why those conservative owners don't execise more direct control and rein in the lefties is one of those mysteries that escape comprehension.

--hide--

Then, perhaps, Paul, that is the delimma we need to analyze. We have a great think tank here on CM. I hope more will join this discussion and help us come up with a solution so that the mainstream media can be used to get the truth out in the next presidential election. I think there is a real opportunity to take advantage of the guppy mentality that seems to have determined the last election and use it to make change we can all live with...without leaving our grandchildren the tab.

Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Then, perhaps, Paul, that is the delimma we need to analyze. We have a great thin...

Then, perhaps, Paul, that is the delimma we need to analyze. We have a great think tank here on CM. I hope more will join this discussion and help us come up with a solution so that the mainstream media can be used to get the truth out in the next presidential election. I think there is a real opportunity to take advantage of the guppy mentality that seems to have determined the last election and use it to make change we can all live with...without leaving our grandchildren the tab.

--hide--

One thing to keep in mind. Both in 2008 and this last year, over 50% of Catholic voters cast their ballot for Obama. For that block of voters, the media is not needed.

Some straight talk by the Bishops to their priests about doing their duty to God and the Church so that without ever mentioning names or parties, the priests can make it clear to the laity in the pews just what is meant by a properly formed conscience. Then if the Bishops hired some really qualified editors to edit their official statements so that they don't come off as wishy washy, confusing boobs, that would also be a help.

Then those, like Cardinal Dolan, who will always attract coverage, should hire and listen to some really qualified PR people so that they don't commit such a classic faux paux as Dolan did by Praying at both conventions. I understand why he did it and his motives were laudable, but it was just a bad move because he ended up doing nothing but confirming in the minds of Obama leaning Catholics that it was okay to vote for the bum.

If the Catholic vote alone could be turned around, it would go a long way towards starting to right this crippled ship of state.

Another area where progress can be made is to start insisting that Colleges that call themselves Catholic start acting like it. We might start turning out some well educated, solidy Catholic men and women who aren't enticed and overwhelmed by the secular culture.That culture is being fostered in so-called Catholic Colleges.

That would pay the biggest dividends because some of those graduates will be the ones entering into jobs in the media which could yield very big dividends without having to worry about some how finding monied conservatives to buy media companies and change them.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: One thing to keep in mind. Both in 2008 and this last year, over 50% of Catholic voters c...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

One thing to keep in mind. Both in 2008 and this last year, over 50% of Catholic voters cast their ballot for Obama. For that block of voters, the media is not needed.

Some straight talk by the Bishops to their priests about doing their duty to God and the Church so that without ever mentioning names or parties, the priests can make it clear to the laity in the pews just what is meant by a properly formed conscience. Then if the Bishops hired some really qualified editors to edit their official statements so that they don't come off as wishy washy, confusing boobs, that would also be a help.

Then those, like Cardinal Dolan, who will always attract coverage, should hire and listen to some really qualified PR people so that they don't commit such a classic faux paux as Dolan did by Praying at both conventions. I understand why he did it and his motives were laudable, but it was just a bad move because he ended up doing nothing but confirming in the minds of Obama leaning Catholics that it was okay to vote for the bum.

If the Catholic vote alone could be turned around, it would go a long way towards starting to right this crippled ship of state.

Another area where progress can be made is to start insisting that Colleges that call themselves Catholic start acting like it. We might start turning out some well educated, solidy Catholic men and women who aren't enticed and overwhelmed by the secular culture.That culture is being fostered in so-called Catholic Colleges.

That would pay the biggest dividends because some of those graduates will be the ones entering into jobs in the media which could yield very big dividends without having to worry about some how finding monied conservatives to buy media companies and change them.

--hide--

Some very good points, Paul. Based on what I have read in this thread, it seems that a broad strategy to put responsible leadership back in the White House would be (1) find a way to get the conservative message and the truth about the liberal message out in the mainstream press, (2) get Bishops to make sure their parish priest actually pastor the parish and provide leadership as to the true Catholic viewpoint on the issues, and (3) make sure Catholic colleges are actually Catholic or they loose their status as a Catholic college.

These are three great ideas. I am sure there are more. Now is not too soon to start working toward the next election. Hilliary Clinton is being touted as the successor to the thrown in the next election. Though she is more moderate than Obama, she is too far left to repair the damage done by Obama. There just aren't enough "rich" people out there to tax to get this economy back on track.

I'm hoping for more ideas and ways to implement them. We have such a great think tank here on CM, maybe we can put together a strategy and get it to the Republican party who seems to be a bit lost right now.

- Elizabeth

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: You're entitled to your opinion.
(Quote) John-711000 said:

You're entitled to your opinion.

--hide--

John: You should listen to Paul and realize he is trying to point you in the right direction as far as your
knowledge of the Federal Reserve. One can learn a lot on these forums. Paul is well schooled in this
area. He is trying to point you in the direction of the true source of information about the Federal
Reserve, not secondary information which is where you have picked up your knowledge.

In order to learn, one has to have an open mind, along with an innate sense to discriminate where the
truth lies. You seem to reach out to new learning, but you have to be careful.

I only jumped in to alert you that since my background is accounting and finance, I know what Paul
is saying is correct, and can see how your postings are off the mark a bit. You are quite young and
there is so much to learn in this world.

God bless.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: I've decided that the best way to insure that America elects a conservative president is ...

I've decided that the best way to insure that America elects a conservative president is for those conservatives with wealth to buy the main stream media. Seems to me that is the only way that the true message of conservatives will have a chance to get out to the masses.

What do you think?

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Elizabeth: I think we are getting farther away from having the truth be told, since Al Jazeera has bought a US Cable
news network.

Personally, I think the idea of having an Arab-based company try to report news on a mainstream US channel,
is a very bad idea. It feels like infiltration.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-841276 said: Well It is not just that, We have a whole three or so generations that have been dumbed...
(Quote) Joseph-841276 said:

Well It is not just that, We have a whole three or so generations that have been dumbed down. "The think for your self and question authorty" Has changed to let the media think for you and the school systems brain wash ones' kids"

--hide--

That is so true, Joseph. It is a very sad, and very bad situation.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: John: You should listen to Paul and realize he is trying to point you in the right direction as far a...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: John: You should listen to Paul and realize he is trying to point you in the right direction as far as your
knowledge of the Federal Reserve. One can learn a lot on these forums. Paul is well schooled in this
area. He is trying to point you in the direction of the true source of information about the Federal
Reserve, not secondary information which is where you have picked up your knowledge.

In order to learn, one has to have an open mind, along with an innate sense to discriminate where the
truth lies. You seem to reach out to new learning, but you have to be careful.

I only jumped in to alert you that since my background is accounting and finance, I know what Paul
is saying is correct, and can see how your postings are off the mark a bit. You are quite young and
there is so much to learn in this world.

God bless.
--hide--

I'm sorry Mommy, I won't do it again.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: I'm sorry Mommy, I won't do it again.
(Quote) John-711000 said:

I'm sorry Mommy, I won't do it again.

--hide--

For real?????

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Elizabeth: I think we are getting farther away from having the truth be told, since Al...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Elizabeth: I think we are getting farther away from having the truth be told, since Al Jazeera has bought a US Cable
news network.

Personally, I think the idea of having an Arab-based company try to report news on a mainstream US channel,
is a very bad idea. It feels like infiltration.

--hide--

I have watched Al Jazeera. The feed I see just covers the world news, It goes more in depth on quite a few topics. I think they have

"liberals' (of their own varity) there too, who don't just tout the muslum line. Having said that, they do find the most knee jerk leftest to interview

when it comes to something happing in the U.S.

Posts 21 - 30 of 31