Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/30/2013 new

(Quote) Ann-69118 said: Would you rather read a really long profile with lots of detail or is better to be short and sweet?<...
(Quote) Ann-69118 said:

Would you rather read a really long profile with lots of detail or is better to be short and sweet?

--hide--

Theres a happy medium between too long or too short I think the biggest thing is that it reflects you and gives somebody who is browsing a whole load of different profiles something to remember you by.

01/31/2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: (Quote) Ann-69118 said: Would you rather read a really long profile with...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

Quote:
Ann-69118 said:

Would you rather read a really long profile with lots of detail or is better to be short and sweet?

While brevity ain't really my forte, my grandpa who is a very wise man once told me "consider it like a woman's skirt: it has to be long enough to cover the essentials, but short enough to catch attention."

--hide--

Ha ha. Love it! I think it depends a bit on how good of a writer you are (and i'm not saying it am), but I've read a few long profiles that are fun to read because they are witty and well done. But, I think for most people Medum is the way to go.

01/31/2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: While brevity ain't really my forte, my grandpa who is a very wise man once told me "<...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

While brevity ain't really my forte, my grandpa who is a very wise man once told me "consider it like a woman's skirt: it has to be long enough to cover the essentials, but short enough to catch attention."

--hide--
Your grandfather was indeed a very wise man, Kahirup!!! laughing

01/31/2013 new

Just enough to give the profile simple details about themselves. Have enough that would give someone an interest in you.

01/31/2013 new

(Quote) Justin-32820 said: Ha ha. Love it! I think it depends a bit on how good of a writer you are (and i'...
(Quote) Justin-32820 said:

Ha ha. Love it! I think it depends a bit on how good of a writer you are (and i'm not saying it am), but I've read a few long profiles that are fun to read because they are witty and well done. But, I think for most people Medum is the way to go.

--hide--

Hi, Justin! I think it's important that people - for their profiles, not necessarily their emotigrams, posts or messages - write in complete sentences and spell check. As someone previously stated in a thread, a profile is like a resume. And we have the ability to edit those. I think they should be as presentable as possible. Your thoughts? Chelle

01/31/2013 new

I agree with people who says "medium rare" for a lady's profile laughing!

01/31/2013 new

Generally speaking I prefer short ones simply because if it's too long I don't tend to read the whole thing anyway.

01/31/2013 new

(Quote) Ann-69118 said: Would you rather read a really long profile with lots of detail or is better to be short and sweet?<...
(Quote) Ann-69118 said:

--hide--

Sufficiently detailed in the right places and succinct everywhere else.

01/31/2013 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: "Medium" can be rare...in a profile. Too little, and there's nothing presented to entice a person...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

"Medium" can be rare...in a profile. Too little, and there's nothing presented to entice a person's interest. Too much, and I wonder whether I'd get a word in edgewise.
And yes, the stakes are great when we talking about hearts and futures.

--hide--
Yes, "medium" profiles are "rare," but when I read one, I always think, "well done!"
01/31/2013 new

(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: (Quote) Justin-32820 said: Ha ha. Love it! I think it depend...
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

Quote:
Justin-32820 said:

Hi, Justin! I think it's important that people - for their profiles, not necessarily their emotigrams, posts or messages - write in complete sentences and spell check. As someone previously stated in a thread, a profile is like a resume. And we have the ability to edit those. I think they should be as presentable as possible. Your thoughts? Chelle

--hide--

HI Chelle, of course they should be as presentable as possible, I was speaking more about writing style more then being error free. I've seen some very long profiles that are not even broken down into paragraphs. While others have been long, but enjoyable to read.

Posts 11 - 20 of 22