Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 12th 2014 new
I appreciate the guide but in all due respect as an online dating pioneer (first started in 2002 when at age 23 when online dating was at its origins.. (yeah i should write a book myself) ), just about everything on there was kinda like.... duh.....

However, the best part was the transition from phone/email/IM/ text communication to meeting in person. If you are corresponding with someone local, try to get it to a first date ASAP. Women, probably more than men, may be a bit more hesitant to meet face to face. However, simply by looking at someone's profile and a few emails, that should be more than enough information to decide whether or not that person is worthy of meeting for a cup of coffee. In the past, I have wasted way too much time before meeting someone only for things to end after 1 date. You might as well get that 1st date over with and then go from there.

my 2 cents.....
May 13th 2014 new
(quote) Patrick-341178 said: I appreciate the guide but in all due respect as an online dating pioneer (first started in 2002 when at age 23 when online dating was at its origins.. (yeah i should write a book myself) ), just about everything on there was kinda like.... duh.....

However, the best part was the transition from phone/email/IM/ text communication to meeting in person. If you are corresponding with someone local, try to get it to a first date ASAP. Women, probably more than men, may be a bit more hesitant to meet face to face. However, simply by looking at someone's profile and a few emails, that should be more than enough information to decide whether or not that person is worthy of meeting for a cup of coffee. In the past, I have wasted way too much time before meeting someone only for things to end after 1 date. You might as well get that 1st date over with and then go from there.

my 2 cents.....
Patrick, you didn't waste your time for at each of those meetings and on all of those dates-without-a-second-date-or-meeting, you were unconsciously/subconsciously informing your heart, mind and soul about the soulmate you'll eventually find and marry. Remember, you're only looking for "the one" and there are thousands of wonderful women for you to consider. So many men and women get discouraged early on and begin telling themselves marriage was not meant for them when there are many passages in the Old and New Testament that illuminate the pathway to marriage. After years of living the single life, for various reasons, many grow accustomed to living alone and accept loneliness as a condition they must endure...as if it was some kind of providential test of their faith. Nothing could be further from the truth for when God saw that Adam was lonely, God made Adam a helpmate. Well, we have something Adam didn't have....the freedom to choose our own helpmate and thousands to choose from. So I salute you for taking your time to make one of the most important decisions you will ever make, for when you finally meet her you will have years of dating experiences to rely upon to recognize and choose her. I don't know if she'll accept your proposal, but I believe she's been searching for Patrick-in-Chicago for a long time. theheart
May 14th 2014 new
(quote) Andrew-1040810 said: Patrick, you didn't waste your time for at each of those meetings and on all of those dates-without-a-second-date-or-meeting, you were unconsciously/subconsciously informing your heart, mind and soul about the soulmate you'll eventually find and marry. Remember, you're only looking for "the one" and there are thousands of wonderful women for you to consider. So many men and women get discouraged early on and begin telling themselves marriage was not meant for them when there are many passages in the Old and New Testament that illuminate the pathway to marriage. After years of living the single life, for various reasons, many grow accustomed to living alone and accept loneliness as a condition they must endure...as if it was some kind of providential test of their faith. Nothing could be further from the truth for when God saw that Adam was lonely, God made Adam a helpmate. Well, we have something Adam didn't have....the freedom to choose our own helpmate and thousands to choose from. So I salute you for taking your time to make one of the most important decisions you will ever make, for when you finally meet her you will have years of dating experiences to rely upon to recognize and choose her. I don't know if she'll accept your proposal, but I believe she's been searching for Patrick-in-Chicago for a long time.
I didnt say "that I wasted my time" on the dates. My point is that once you meet someone in person, things change. If you live locally, get together ASAP. Dont spend a bunch of time corresponding before you meet and raise expectations only to have things end after one date. That is all.
May 14th 2014 new
(quote) Patrick-341178 said: I didnt say "that I wasted my time" on the dates. My point is that once you meet someone in person, things change. If you live locally, get together ASAP. Dont spend a bunch of time corresponding before you meet and raise expectations only to have things end after one date. That is all.
I know, I know, I know, Patrick, but I have found corresponding to be invaluable to not only getting to know how and what another person thinks but to "up dating" my own thinking and understanding. Prior to becoming a member of CatholicMatch.com a few months ago, I hadn't even touched a computer in several years and had never even considered meeting anyone on the internet. But, everything changed after I met a young, long distance couple who had met on CM.com and I became involved in their personal lives here in Memphis. What a joy that has been and it suddenly changed my thinking about everything I thought I ever believed. So I signed up and began corresponding with CM members all over this world. The learning curve was steep and it 's been a challenging mental 'boot camp' at times, but what I've learned from corresponding has been priceless. For one thing, if a woman is not willing or able to correspond with you, she probably won't have much of substance to share with you if and when you finally sit down with her for that proverbial cup of coffee. Then too, corresponding affords the opportunity to have multiple relationships simultaneously, providing a synergetic effect that actually boosts and enlivens the discernment process. If you're patient and earnestly apply your mind to corresponding, it's possible expectations at the first meeting and subsequent date(s) will be more reasonable and less subject to disappointment. I don't think it's ever beneficial to rush into meeting anyone..... even if they live across the street, let alone across state lines or even the oceans. Without weeks and even months of messaging , who knows what could be going on in her personal life that could give her a 'bad hair day'? And let's not forget that God takes his time in doing things and if you're not mentally prepared and in step with him, through prayer and all the other things we Catholics do, you probably won't be able to recognize any of the opportunities he's constantly sending you. I don't know, maybe we should start sending messages to God in a bottle and wait until someone in Australia responds? (Just joking.) theheart
May 14th 2014 new
(quote) Andrew-1040810 said: I know, I know, I know, Patrick, but I have found corresponding to be invaluable to not only getting to know how and what another person thinks but to "up dating" my own thinking and understanding. Prior to becoming a member of CatholicMatch.com a few months ago, I hadn't even touched a computer in several years and had never even considered meeting anyone on the internet. But, everything changed after I met a young, long distance couple who had met on CM.com and I became involved in their personal lives here in Memphis. What a joy that has been and it suddenly changed my thinking about everything I thought I ever believed. So I signed up and began corresponding with CM members all over this world. The learning curve was steep and it 's been a challenging mental 'boot camp' at times, but what I've learned from corresponding has been priceless. For one thing, if a woman is not willing or able to correspond with you, she probably won't have much of substance to share with you if and when you finally sit down with her for that proverbial cup of coffee. Then too, corresponding affords the opportunity to have multiple relationships simultaneously, providing a synergetic effect that actually boosts and enlivens the discernment process. If you're patient and earnestly apply your mind to corresponding, it's possible expectations at the first meeting and subsequent date(s) will be more reasonable and less subject to disappointment. I don't think it's ever beneficial to rush into meeting anyone..... even if they live across the street, let alone across state lines or even the oceans. Without weeks and even months of messaging , who knows what could be going on in her personal life that could give her a 'bad hair day'? And let's not forget that God takes his time in doing things and if you're not mentally prepared and in step with him, through prayer and all the other things we Catholics do, you probably won't be able to recognize any of the opportunities he's constantly sending you. I don't know, maybe we should start sending messages to God in a bottle and wait until someone in Australia responds? (Just joking.)
Well said.
May 20th 2014 new
Peg,
You're not doing anything wrong. Many don't respond even to a hello.
Jul 19th 2014 new
(quote) Brian-278516 said:

CatholicMatchs guide to online dating will answer some of your most fundamental questions, address some of the more common objections, and encourage you to take a closer look at a tool that has benefited the lives of thousands of single Catholics.

http://www.catholicmatch.com/blog/online-dating-guide/

the link appears to be broken. I get a 404 error when I click on it. Has the guide been removed?
Jul 19th 2014 new
(quote) Matthew-270974 said: the link appears to be broken. I get a 404 error when I click on it. Has the guide been removed?
Try this link:

www.catholicmatch.com

Jul 24th 2014 new
(quote) Matthew-270974 said: the link appears to be broken. I get a 404 error when I click on it. Has the guide been removed?
very warm welcome to the Fora Matthew wave smile
Jul 24th 2014 new
(quote) Missy-358855 said:

Nicely done!

very warm welcome to the Fora Missy and Kristine And wave smile
Posts 41 - 50 of 62