Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: So, I'm wondering what things people of the opposite sex do that could be seen as religious tha...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

So, I'm wondering what things people of the opposite sex do that could be seen as religious that make you take a greater interest in that person. Take for example. I was at adoration last night and the chapel has chairs with fold down kneelers on the back of each chair. Well as you might imagine that means the front row is without kneelers, but they do have one standing kneeler with a padded arm rest on top and cushioned kneeler. Well, this young lady walks in to the front row and after kneeling in reverence before the Blessed Sacrament she got up and pushed the standing kneeler forward a bit with her foot and then proceeded to kneel down on the ground. Now granted the chapel is carpeted, but it's definitely a form of mortification to kneel on the ground rather than a cushioned kneeler. Well, needless to say, I was impressed and wanted to ask her out on a date right then and there, but looked at her closer and seen she looked a wee too young for me. So, what things to people of the opposite do that make you want to ask them out on a date or at least pique your interest in them?

--hide--

A man in adoration, doing pro-life work, in the confession line (okay, I know this COULD sound bad), doing something kind for his mama, singing the praises of his mama, being a godfather, being a confirmation/RCIA sponsor, spoiling his nieces and nephews, going to chastity talks, helping the elderly, volunteering with the less fortunate, helping with CYO, praying for his future wife.

All of these things are sexy... in a chaste way. wink

Feb 5th 2013 new

I know several good practicing Catholic ladies, but one in particular, although quite successful and well-off, volunteers her time to travel to a foreign country and work among the poor during the year. I don't consider the other ladies any less faithful, but this one trait puts the lady in question above the rest.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-176039 said: What is TLM? Thanks!
(Quote) Joan-176039 said:

What is TLM? Thanks!

--hide--

The Latin Massor more accurately The extraordonary Rite of the Mass.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: A man in adoration, doing pro-life work, in the confession line (okay, I kno...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

A man in adoration, doing pro-life work, in the confession line (okay, I know this COULD sound bad), doing something kind for his mama, singing the praises of his mama, being a godfather, being a confirmation/RCIA sponsor, spoiling his nieces and nephews, going to chastity talks, helping the elderly, volunteering with the less fortunate, helping with CYO, praying for his future wife.

All of these things are sexy... in a chaste way.

--hide--

In the confession line doesn't sound bad to me, I'm intrigued by a single woman in the confession line. It shows to me that she values her relationship with God and that she desires to be close with Him. That she believes in God's power to forgive and a desire to be forgiven, which shows a ton of humility to me and that's HIGHLY attractive.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: In the confession line doesn't sound bad to me, I'm intrigued by a single woman in ...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

In the confession line doesn't sound bad to me, I'm intrigued by a single woman in the confession line. It shows to me that she values her relationship with God and that she desires to be close with Him. That she believes in God's power to forgive and a desire to be forgiven, which shows a ton of humility to me and that's HIGHLY attractive.

--hide--

Well, Dan Baby, I'm going on Saturday. wink

laughing

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Well, Dan Baby, I'm going on Saturday.
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Well, Dan Baby, I'm going on Saturday.

--hide--

Yeah, baby!!!!

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: Yeah, baby!!!!
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Yeah, baby!!!!

--hide--

laughing Exercise a little self-control here... lol

Feb 6th 2013 new

You two are so cute.

Feb 6th 2013 new
Lol! He's my brotha from anotha mothuh!!!
Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: You two are so cute.
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

You two are so cute.

--hide--

Yes, it's platonic.

Posts 51 - 60 of 71