Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Sarah-901988 said: Do you really have a "nothing box"?? Sounds dreamy!! www.youtube.com.
(Quote) Sarah-901988 said:

Do you really have a "nothing box"?? Sounds dreamy!!

www.youtube.com

--hide--

So cute, Sarah! Thanks for the morning chuckle!! Chelle

Jan 31st 2013 new

That was so funny! Who is that man? He missed his calling as a stand up comedian, for sure.

Thanks for sharing that and for the laughs!

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: I think you made a wrong turn: Buddhist Match is down the hall, third door on the left.
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

I think you made a wrong turn: Buddhist Match is down the hall, third door on the left.

St. Paul tells us to "pray without ceasing" (1 Thes 5:17), thus we can safely say that thinking about nothing is not a desired state.

Just as we practice driving in empty parking lots and on quiet side streets before we can safely venture out on to busy highways, we must first practice "praying without ceasing", focusing our thoughts on God, during quiet times when our minds might otherwise be unoccupied (or aimlessly wandering) before we can successfully do so when our lives are in a more hectic state.

--hide--

I can't entirely agree. An important part of praying, in the sense of discerning what God is telling us, is to quiet our minds so we are able to hear Him. In a way, a "nothing" box serves that purpose.

Jan 31st 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: I think you made a wrong turn: Buddhist Match is down the hall, third door on the left. ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

I think you made a wrong turn: Buddhist Match is down the hall, third door on the left.

St. Paul tells us to "pray without ceasing" (1 Thes 5:17), thus we can safely say that thinking about nothing is not a desired state.

Just as we practice driving in empty parking lots and on quiet side streets before we can safely venture out on to busy highways, we must first practice "praying without ceasing", focusing our thoughts on God, during quiet times when our minds might otherwise be unoccupied (or aimlessly wandering) before we can successfully do so when our lives are in a more hectic state.

--hide--

Praying can just be 'being still' though. That way God can speak.
Jan 31st 2013 new

I believe a woman can have a "nothing" box too wink! I'm pretty sure I've met a couple of gals in the past who had a "nothing" box because they normally give me a short answer to a question laughing.

Jan 31st 2013 new

I've seen that before, but it's always funny!

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: This guy is really funny! I've heard before that men are capable of thinking about ...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

This guy is really funny! I've heard before that men are capable of thinking about 'nothing.' I've tried to do this myself, but it just doesn't work. How do you think about nothing? I want a nothing box! Having a man's brain sounds so relaxing!

--hide--
But everyone knows that Jerry Seinfeld made a TV sitcom about it that ran for 9 seasons and was highly successful for the entire run: www.youtube.com

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Danny-657883 said: We are also currently trying to develop a second nothing box.
(Quote) Danny-657883 said:

We are also currently trying to develop a second nothing box.

--hide--

I wish I could know what it feels like to think about nothing and to get inside that box men have! hyper

I used to fish with my boyfriend and I would be yapping away. I wonder if I went now if I could force myself into silence so a man could be within that box while we fished. The thing is I would like to take a dog with us- but the dog might scare the fish. Anyway- Is there any way a woman can get inside that box or see what it is like to be in that one?

Whenever I try to think about nothing- I fall asleep.... wink

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) John-146319 said: (Quote) Lisa-54615 said: This guy is really funny! I've heard ...
(Quote) John-146319 said:

Quote:
Lisa-54615 said:

This guy is really funny! I've heard before that men are capable of thinking about 'nothing.' I've tried to do this myself, but it just doesn't work. How do you think about nothing? I want a nothing box! Having a man's brain sounds so relaxing!

But everyone knows that Jerry Seinfeld made a TV sitcom about it that ran for 9 seasons and was highly successful for the entire run: www.youtube.com

--hide--

valentine YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES LOVE JERRYSEINFELD heartbeat

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) John-146319 said: But everyone knows that Jerry Seinfeld made a TV sitcom about it that ran for 9 seasons and was hi...
(Quote) John-146319 said:

--hide--

Which says a great deal about the state of modern society without providing any meaningful guidance.

Posts 11 - 20 of 83