Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

What is "driving distance"?

Jan 31st 2013 new

I've noticed a number of member profiles that say "willing to search within driving distance".

Well, I used to know a guy in Delaware, and for him that meant 10 miles. I also know a guy who drove from San Francisco to Los Angeles several times a month to visit his CM gal.

How far do YOU mean when you say "Driving distance"?

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: How far do YOU mean when you say "Driving distance"?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

--hide--

100-300 yards, or so

Depends on whether I'm having a lucky day and which club I am  using.

Jan 31st 2013 new

Driving distance can be from 25 to a couple hundred miles.

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: 100-300 yards, or so Depends on whether I'm having a lucky day and wh...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

100-300 yards, or so

Depends on whether I'm having a lucky day and which club I am using.

--hide--

haha! A funny post!

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: How far do YOU mean when you say "Driving distance"?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

--hide--

First of all, I don't limit my search to somewhere within driving distance because, well, that would be silly based on my history. smile However, driving distance would probably be 500 miles or so for me, or anywhere in Michigan. I'll also add ferries to the equation if needed (a girl can hope).

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Margaret-20183 said: First of all, I don't limit my search to somewhere within driving distance because...
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said:

First of all, I don't limit my search to somewhere within driving distance because, well, that would be silly based on my history. However, driving distance would probably be 500 miles or so for me, or anywhere in Michigan. I'll also add ferries to the equation if needed (a girl can hope).

--hide--

In Central Indiana one would think driving distance should be anywhere in the state, but people in the northern third aren't willing to drive to Indy..Distance, about 2 hours.. And I corresponded briefly with a guy on the north side of Indy who wasn't willing to drive to the south side of Indy..It's crazy..It's one of those vague, useless, profile statements because nobody knows what it means..

Jan 31st 2013 new

I like road trips especially when there's a co-driver laughing!

Jan 31st 2013 new

Back in the day, the AMX and I could do D C - Montauk easily, and sometimes D C - Boston. The aging bones need more
"breaks" now, so a lot less distance, unless extended time is available.

Jan 31st 2013 new

I like the Number three wood. wink

Jan 31st 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: 100-300 yards, or so Depends on whether I'm having a lucky d...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

100-300 yards, or so

Depends on whether I'm having a lucky day and which club I am using.

--hide--

Ok Rigo!!
Posts 1 - 10 of 59