Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

A trend I've noticed on CM

Jan 31st 2013 new

Many of the CM members (male and female) are highly educated, with graduate degrees, hold full-time jobs, and still find time to travel. How do you guys get it done? That's impressive.

At my old job I got 2 weeks a year and worked 60 hrs a week, including nights, so it would be hard for me to even do graduate school. Nowadays, it seems people want spouses/mates that travel and have graduate degrees. I could be wrong, but it seems like a trend.

:)

pax!

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Josh-196444 said: Many of the CM members (male and female) are highly educated, with graduate degrees, hold full-tim...
(Quote) Josh-196444 said:

Many of the CM members (male and female) are highly educated, with graduate degrees, hold full-time jobs, and still find time to travel. How do you guys get it done? That's impressive.

At my old job I got 2 weeks a year and worked 60 hrs a week, including nights, so it would be hard for me to even do graduate school. Nowadays, it seems people want spouses/mates that travel and have graduate degrees. I could be wrong, but it seems like a trend.

:)

pax!

--hide--

It might be a trend but I don't think it's a new one in that case. There is a reason why the period in life when most people get their graduate degrees is called the dog years. It means no sleep, no money and basically no life for the most. The traveling comes later.

Jan 31st 2013 new

Speaking for myself, I went straight through for all of my degrees, and I did not marry until the very end of my time doing my doctoral degree. Now I have young children and am not as young as I would prefer to be when chasing my 6 year old and 9 year old around. There are trade offs in life that one has to consider and prayerfully discern. The travel for me has come about as a requirement of my job. I have been blessed to be given the opportunity (go or find other workbiggrin ) to travel to many wonderful places. When I graduated I had been on one plane trip, and I did not know how to even begin to get a passport. It has been a wonderful thing in my life. Travel for fun is something I plan to do someday when I am not either traveling for work or raising my children. There are things I would really like to do, and I am no longer terribly intimidated by the prospect of international travel.

Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: It might be a trend but I don't think it's a new one in that case. There is a re...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

It might be a trend but I don't think it's a new one in that case. There is a reason why the period in life when most people get their graduate degrees is called the dog years. It means no sleep, no money and basically no life for the most. The traveling comes later.

--hide--

Interesting. I think if you have a good paying job and are in grad school, you can travel. I remember a poster here said in '87-88 she was in grad school and the Dow crashed, yet she could still go travel and still had a job.

but in '88 the economy was much better even post-Black Monday.

Feb 1st 2013 new

I think a lot of us travelled many years ago before we had our current responsibilities.

Posts 1 - 5 of 5