Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I wish we could all know what love is.

My mom, who is a great housewife and wife to my Dad mentioned to me that she is concerned because dad's cholesterol was a bit high last time. She really is a great cook and they always eat on a regular schedule and she cooks healthy meals. So lately she started cooking even healthier meals. (Honestly they are both in terrific shape.) So they are anxious to see how his new blood test comes out this week. She LOVES my dad and she has made an extended effort to keep him healthy. I know my dad sees it as love.

I mentioned this story to a single male friend of mine and he said that my mom is controlling my dad and said if it was him he would eat whatever he wanted to. Also he added if he was married to my mom he would not even give her a single dollar of his money. And that he would divorce her in a minute. Really??

My mom has basically been a stay at home wife for almost all of their married life. Why does my dad give and let my mom have the money? He LOVES her. He doesn't care about the money. She doesn't blow it, she runs a household with it. It is just money to live on and what is important is that they live, love, function as a LOVING husband and wife to each other. They freely give, care, respect, and love each other! (That makes me happy.)

What makes this story even better is that my parents' 50th anniversary is this year. This is my dad's second marriage. My dad is 14 years older than my mom. My dad just turned 84 and my mom is 70. My mom was 18 and my dad was 32 when they met. I have 3 half sisters from my dad's first marriage. So this great loving marriage beat the odds when it comes to second marriages, blending a family, and a large age difference. Also when my parents met, they lived 5 hours apart, and at the time my dad was getting ready to move a thousand more miles away. He traveled back and forth to court my mom. So it was a LDR. He then proposed and married her. She then moved with him.

My parents.... THAT'S what love is!

Sherry

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Sherry-338592 said: I wish we could all know what love is. My mom, who is a great housewife and wife to my ...
(Quote) Sherry-338592 said:

I wish we could all know what love is.

My mom, who is a great housewife and wife to my Dad mentioned to me that she is concerned because dad's cholesterol was a bit high last time. She really is a great cook and they always eat on a regular schedule and she cooks healthy meals. So lately she started cooking even healthier meals. (Honestly they are both in terrific shape.) So they are anxious to see how his new blood test comes out this week. She LOVES my dad and she has made an extended effort to keep him healthy. I know my dad sees it as love.

I mentioned this story to a single male friend of mine and he said that my mom is controlling my dad and said if it was him he would eat whatever he wanted to. Also he added if he was married to my mom he would not even give her a single dollar of his money. And that he would divorce her in a minute. Really??

My mom has basically been a stay at home wife for almost all of their married life. Why does my dad give and let my mom have the money? He LOVES her. He doesn't care about the money. She doesn't blow it, she runs a household with it. It is just money to live on and what is important is that they live, love, function as a LOVING husband and wife to each other. They freely give, care, respect, and love each other! (That makes me happy.)

What makes this story even better is that my parents' 50th anniversary is this year. This is my dad's second marriage. My dad is 14 years older than my mom. My dad just turned 84 and my mom is 70. My mom was 18 and my dad was 32 when they met. I have 3 half sisters from my dad's first marriage. So this great loving marriage beat the odds when it comes to second marriages, blending a family, and a large age difference. Also when my parents met, they lived 5 hours apart, and at the time my dad was getting ready to move a thousand more miles away. He traveled back and forth to court my mom. So it was a LDR. He then proposed and married her. She then moved with him.

My parents.... THAT'S what love is!

Sherry

--hide--
God bless your parents, Sherry. Thank you for sharing part of their story with us.

02/01/2013 new

That's what so many people now days don't understand. Love isn't a "feeling", its an action, a verb; a "doing" word. Love is willing the good of the other.

Your mother is willing the good of your father.

And really, if he's a grown man, if he didn't accept his wife's dietery intervention, he'd just head off down to the local burger joint.

It also speaks highly of your mother's feminine nature, that she is caring and seeking to do right by her husband by trying to keep him healthy.

Anyone who'd divorce a woman like your mother would be an idiot.

02/01/2013 new
This is such a lovely example of selfless love of mind body and spirit. If only we were all prepared to open ourselves to the complete giving of ourselves to find that love. My parents are heading into 53 years of married life and are my idols.
02/01/2013 new

clap clap clap AWESOME love story! Thank you for sharing!! And, yes, that IS what love is!!

02/02/2013 new

Congratulations to your parents. What a LOVE is! Thats exactly what we mean of LOVE not merely a feeling but a decision TO LOVE and that decision is TO GIVE ONESELF for the other.

Posts 1 - 6 of 6