Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Feb 9th 2013 new
Hi David and Amy, I just thought of another group intention. We could pray for all the victims of human trafficking and their families throughout the world. What do you think?
Feb 9th 2013 new

Many priests have said that it is most important that we pray from/ with our hearts. With that as our first priority, this info may help with getting the structure of the rosary novena:

There is a small, light blue booklet entitled, Rosary Novenas to Our Lady:including the mysteries of light, that is very helpful as it has all the prayers, and structure for each day of the rosary. It has the alternate prayers for days in petition, and in thanksgiving, and concluding prayers.

You may also add:

(This is for prayers in petition, you may change the wording slightly for prayers in thanksgiving.)

We can start each Rosary with this prayer (optional):

O Mary, Queen of the Holy Rosary, I thank you for your maternal protection, and for the many blessings I have received through your powerful intercession.

Blessed Mother you asked at Fatima for the daily recitation of the Rosary for peace in the world and in individual souls. I offer my Rosary as a spiritual "Bouquet of Roses" for the intentions of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in atonement for the offenses committed against your Immaculate Heart, and in petition for the favors I ask in this Novena.

(List your petitions and those of all others who joined this Novena here. You can use the list of participants and read each person's name ... "and for the intentions of Allen, Andrea, Angie, etc.")

With great confidence in your powerful intercession, I place these petitions in your hands, and beseech you to present them to Jesus. He will never refuse what you ask Him.

Feb 9th 2013 new

I'm in!

Feb 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Then maybe those who aren't American citizens can pray for their respective countries, while we pray for the US...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Then maybe those who aren't American citizens can pray for their respective countries, while we pray for the USA...to turn back to God.

Whatever you and Amy think is best...
--hide--

Great idea, Mary. How appropriate that we are Catholics across the 50 states, praying for our beloved nation. I personally will pray for the safety and welfare of the United States, and also for the strength of the Faith in the USA. Catholics outside of the USA may pray for their respective countries.
Feb 9th 2013 new

Please count me in as well! Praying rosary theheart

Feb 9th 2013 new
Although, after reading David's reply, I think he would like to keep the this novena universal. He has taken the inititiative to begin this novena, so maybe we should honor that.
Feb 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: Great idea, Mary. How appropriate that we are Catholics across the 50 states, praying for our belove...
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said:

Great idea, Mary. How appropriate that we are Catholics across the 50 states, praying for our beloved nation. I personally will pray for the safety and welfare of the United States, and also for the strength of the Faith in the USA. Catholics outside of the USA may pray for their respective countries.
--hide--

David and Amy, that is, have taken the initiative to begin this novena. cloud theheart
Feb 9th 2013 new
The 54-day Rosary Novena is an uninterrupted series of Rosaries in honor of Our Lady, revealed to the incurably sick Fortuna Agrelli by Our Lady of Pompei. Description The "54-day Rosary Novena" is an uninterrupted series of Rosaries in honor of Our Lady, revealed to the incurably sick Fortuna Agrelli by Our Lady of Pompeii at Naples in 1884. For thirteen months Fortuna Agrelli had endured dreadful sufferings and torturous cramps; she had been given up by the most celebrated physicians. On February 16, 1884, the afflicted girl and her relatives commenced a novena of Rosaries. The Queen of the Holy Rosary favored her with an apparition on March 3rd. Mary, sitting upon a high throne, surrounded by luminous figures, held the divine Child on her lap, and in her hand a Rosary. The Virgin Mother and the holy Infant were clad in gold-embroidered garments. They were accompanied by St. Dominic and St. Catherine of Siena. The throne was profusely decorated with flowers; the beauty of Our Lady was marvelous. Blessed Virgin said: "Child, thou has invoked me by various titles and hast always obtained favors from me. Now, since thou hast called me by that title so pleasing to me, 'Queen of the Holy Rosary,' I can no longer refuse the favor thou dost petition; for this name is most precious and dear to me. Make three novenas, and thou shalt obtain all."

Once more the Queen of the Holy Rosary appeared to her and said, " Whoever desires to obtain favors from me should make three novenas of the prayers of the Rosary, and three novenas in thanksgiving." The Novena consists of five decades of the Rosary each day for twenty-seven days in petition; then immediately five decades each day for twenty-seven days in thanksgiving, whether or not the request has been granted.The meditations vary from day to day. Now with the new mysteries the table is changed. On the first day meditate on the Joyful Mysteries; on the second day the Light Mysteries; on the third day the sorrowful Mysteries; on the fourth day meditate again on the glorious Mysteries; and so on throughout the fifty-four days.

A laborious Novena, but a Novena of Love. You who are sincere will not find it too difficult, if you really wish to obtain your request.

HOW IS THE ROSARY NOVENA PRAYED?

The Rosary Novena is prayed in the same way as a single Rosary is prayed, with the exception of the intention at the beginning of the Rosary. On each of the 54 days of the Novena, 5 decades of the Rosary are prayed. On the first 27 days, the main intention asks for whatever blessing you are seeking. On the remaining 27 days, the main intention thanks God for granting what you have sought, even if it has not yet been revealed to you that you have received it.

The first 27 intentions might take a form similar to: "Dear Lord, we offer this Rosary as part of our Rosary Novena for the gift of ...". While stating the intention, you should also affirm to yourself that God, in the abundance of his love, has truly granted what you are requesting through the Novena, and try to fully trust and love God in return.

The last 27 intentions might take a form similar to: "Dear Lord, we offer this Rosary as part of our Rosary Novena in thanksgiving for the gift of ...". While stating the intention, you should also try to fully believe that God has, in fact, really granted you what you have requested, and try to thank him with the same sincerity as you would if you had what you requested "sitting in front of you" already. Remember we pray the Rosary in this particular sequence:

Day 1 is the Joyful Mysteries
Day 2 is the Luminous Mysteries
Day 3 is the Sorrowful Mysteries
Day 4 is the Glorious Mysteries

We continue in this order until we reach Day 28 and we begin again with the Joyful Mysteries. Day 28 of the Novena is when we change from petitioning God for our intentions and start praying in thanksgiving to God for answering our prayer, even if in fact we have not received what we have asked for, we are thanking Him and in all things, we are giving Him praise and glory for all that He is doing for us. For He indeed hears our prayer and will answer it, but always in His time and in His way. Always for our greater good and for His glory!
Feb 9th 2013 new

I'm in too, sort of.... I started my 54 day to run from last Saturday to Good Friday. So please know that my prayers are there too.

Feb 9th 2013 new

Actually I think I will just extend it to Divine Mercy Sunday, start with Joyful Mysteries this Ash Wednesday.

Posts 121 - 130 of 200