Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Claudine-882177 said: I started a 54 day novena on Jan 1 so I won't be finished until Feb 23. . .I wish I could ...
(Quote) Claudine-882177 said:

I started a 54 day novena on Jan 1 so I won't be finished until Feb 23. . .I wish I could join but I'll be "off-cycle." :(

--hide--

HI Claudine!

Just post on the thread when you are ready to join, and I'll add your name to the list!! It is not ever too late to join!

Amy rose hug Praying rosary theheart

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Carrie-529869 said: I don't understand why not just say the day's mysteries? I have the day's assignment...
(Quote) Carrie-529869 said:

I don't understand why not just say the day's mysteries? I have the day's assignments memorized, I never have to try to remember where I am.

--hide--

I felt the same way the first time I prayed this novena 2+ years ago. Read the links. This is how the devotion was designed/revealed. The second time around I told myself I was not going to run things, that I would just do as I was told. Far more grace came from that novena than the preceding one. Read the links. Pray on it. We're just glad you want to pray it with us.

rosary

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: I felt the same way the first time I prayed this novena 2+ years ago. Read the links. Th...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

I felt the same way the first time I prayed this novena 2+ years ago. Read the links. This is how the devotion was designed/revealed. The second time around I told myself I was not going to run things, that I would just do as I was told. Far more grace came from that novena than the preceding one. Read the links. Pray on it. We're just glad you want to pray it with us.

--hide--

No, I'm not adding in on this one. I've done 3 of these in a row and I'm spent. The are completely dry for me and my S.D. suggested that this might not be the avenue I should be taking. It's a serious chore and struggle to even get it done, hence my need to just do what I have memorized. It wasn't about doing it "my way". it was about struggling to even get a rosary done.

I read throught the links and do not see where it was revealed to do the mysteries in order. Can you please quote?

Feb 4th 2013 new

Yes I am willing to join the group as I did this before .

Feb 4th 2013 new

Yes I am willing to join the group as I did this before .

Feb 4th 2013 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: (Quote) Carrie-529869 said: I don't understand why not just say the day'...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Quote:
Carrie-529869 said:

I don't understand why not just say the day's mysteries? I have the day's assignments memorized, I never have to try to remember where I am.

--hide--
Carrie, I get mixed up, too, if that makes you feel any better. I've given up in the past and started saying the mystery typically assigned to each day of the week. Have even contemplated praying only the sorrowful mysteries everyday during Lent. Or the Seven Sorrows of Mary Rosary everyday during Lent. When I say the 54 day rosary novena alone, I start the joyful mysteries on a Monday, so there is no confusion. However, it is special that they are doing this Ash Wednesday to Divine Mercy Sunday! I'll see what I feel led to do.

I'm so appreciative to Amy and David for organizing the novena. I needed a nudge to go back to praying the rosary every single day. It's wonderful to share saying the rosary with others...rosary
Feb 4th 2013 new

Yea...our Lady isn't a beurocrat.

Feb 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Carrie-529869 said: Yea...our Lady isn't a beurocrat.

Yea...our Lady isn't a beurocrat.

--hide--
The *most* important thing is for us to pray with our heart. Not just rattle off Hail Mary's. That's the challenging part. To pray with all our hearts and mean every single word. And not letting our minds wander while praying.

Note to self! biggrin
Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: The *most* important thing is for us to pray with our heart. Not just rattle off Hail Mary's. That...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: The *most* important thing is for us to pray with our heart. Not just rattle off Hail Mary's. That's the challenging part. To pray with all our hearts and mean every single word. And not letting our minds wander while praying.

Note to self!
--hide--

Well, actually, a rosary is to meditate on the mysteries. It's impossible to think about the words at the same time.

But point taken

Feb 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Carrie-529869 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: The *most* important thing is for us to pray with our heart. Not jus...

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: The *most* important thing is for us to pray with our heart. Not just rattle off Hail Mary's. That's the challenging part. To pray with all our hearts and mean every single word. And not letting our minds wander while praying.

Note to self!

Well, actually, a rosary is to meditate on the mysteries. It's impossible to think about the words at the same time.

But point taken

--hide--
A very holy priest from Ireland explained how to do both at the same time. I try to...quite unsuccessfully.
Posts 51 - 60 of 200