Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: One complicating factor is Cardinals do not require the approval of the local ordinary (i...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

One complicating factor is Cardinals do not require the approval of the local ordinary (in this case, Abp. Gomez) to minister the sacraments within the ordinary's territory. I'm not sure how uch control he has over another bishop.

--hide--

As Fr. Z points out, likely the power to cancel any public event lead by Cardinal Mahoney, but that's about it.

wdtprs.com

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Mike, Thanks for posting this and these links. I have heard some of those stories that some trads...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Mike, Thanks for posting this and these links. I have heard some of those stories that some trads talk about and I believe a lot of it because of various things I know about and have seen and heard over many years. I pray that there will be some cleaning up..

--hide--

Your welcome Marian. With what Pope Benedict said in 2010 I figured he would have done the consecration by now. Antonio Socci dedicated a book to him saying that he is the Pope in white. Pope Benedict thanked Socci. Hopefully by 2017.

Feb 6th 2013 new

There is an excellent article on catholicculture.org by Dr. Jeff Mirus (who was one of the founders of Christendom College) about Cardinal Mahony and the excuses he keeps making about his inadequate training/education, etc.

Here is the link:

www.catholicculture.org

Feb 7th 2013 new

Outstanding! We have got to get these predators out of our Church. theheart

Posts 41 - 44 of 44