Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

02/07/2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: Our sex ed teacher used to say those who indulge willl bulge!!! But are children/adole...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

Our sex ed teacher used to say those who indulge willl bulge!!! But are children/adolescent any more promiscious than our great great grandparents?

--hide--

I'm not sure...but everything I have read and heard on this subject is that the teens are promiscuous in an entirely different way....and it starts pretty young. If people don't know what I am talking about...then ummm... I can't help you...:o)

02/07/2013 new

I did a little research on the vaccine, and the Center for Disease Control claims that having children vaccinated at an early age allows stronger antibodies to develop compared to vaccinating them when they are older. It also talks about HPV being responsible for other cancers, like some people here indicated. If true, these are good reasons to vaccinate minors as opposed to letting them decide as adults - the vaccine actually works differently when given at a younger age. But if it works the same when administered to a 19-year old as to an 11-year old, I wouldn't see a point in vaccinating them as children.

02/07/2013 new

By the way, I didn't realize this is such a controversial topic. I never started a thread that yielded so many responses before! biggrin

02/08/2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: So, if the CDC states that cervical screenings prevent as much or more cancer as they p...
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said:

So, if the CDC states that cervical screenings prevent as much or more cancer as they predict the vaccine will do (they don't know how efficacious the vaccine is in reality, as Andrew stated, since they cannot actually expose those in clinical trials to HPV) why should I get the vaccine again?

--hide--

No skin off my nose Chelsea, its your life not mine. I can only tell you from oncology and palative care nursing its an unpleasant way to die. I know I want die of it. You have free will and free choice.

Not my concern, take or don't take it, as I said its your life you are playing with not mine. I'm sure what ever you decide it will be your choice and right for you. I was only advising, not ordering.

02/08/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Cervical screenings may or may not "prevent" cancer. They detect cancerous ce...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Cervical screenings may or may not "prevent" cancer. They detect cancerous cells or precancerous cells. There is no way to know at what stage the cancerous or precancerous cells would be detected from a Pap smear. And, how often the Pap smear is done keeps being changed (I assume by the governing body of OB/Gynes). It used to be annually for a sexually active woman of child-bearing age. But, I believe that some doctors are now doing the Pap smear only once every 2 years for this age group. And, that is if the woman makes the effort to make the appt. and show up for it and the physician makes sure to do the Pap smear. OB/Gynes seem to follow screening guidelines on this more so than Family Practice docs (and I say this even though I am a Family Practice doc). So, the chance is that you could do the required screenings, and still end up with a diagnosis of cancer at which point treatment for cancer will be required (and of course, there is no way to know if the cancer has spread/metastasized although if caught early, this is very unlikely.)

It is much easier to prevent something than to cure it once it happens!

--hide--

Well said. A very famous doctor and politian in my country said "It is better to have a fence at the top of the cliff, than an ambulance at the bottom." Sir Apirata Naita

02/08/2013 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: I'm not sure...but everything I have read and heard on this subject is that the ...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

I'm not sure...but everything I have read and heard on this subject is that the teens are promiscuous in an entirely different way....and it starts pretty young. If people don't know what I am talking about...then ummm... I can't help you...:o)

--hide--

I am saying every generation thinks the latest generation will let loose and free and we will be swamped with babies. In my time it was rock music, in my nephews time it was condom vending machines and Britany Speers.

02/08/2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: www.cdc.gov the CDC points...

www.cdc.gov

As the CDC points out: neither HPV vaccine prevents any cancer absolutely. Sexually active girls and women are to be continually screened even after the vaccine, by CDC recommendation, for cervical cancers.

Also, you're SOL of you're over the age of 26 and you get the vaccine, since the CDC reports that clinical trials up to this point have shown limited to no positive effect against HPV in women vaccinated.

The CDC also points out that there are other ways to prevent MOST cervical cancers (just like the vaccine when applied to the right age groups) without getting the vaccine.

The HPV types that both vaccines target are those which are sexually transmitted, which means that those people who are interested in certainly and absolutely preventing cancers resulting from those HPV types should, as the CDC says, avoid all sexual activity.

--hide--

What does SOL mean please?

02/08/2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: Hi, Patricia,I know exactly what you are saying. Cervical screenings may or may...

Hi, Patricia,

I know exactly what you are saying. Cervical screenings may or may not "prevent" cancer...just like the quadrivalent and bivalent HPV vaccines may or may not "prevent" cancer. :)

I understand that many parents believe they consent to the vaccine for their boys and girls in good conscience. Personally, I could not. I find the HPV vaccine just as screwed up as stapling a glutton's stomach.

--hide--

WOW!!!!! Thats an amazing statement of ignorance. People who have Gastic Bypass of Gastric Stapling are NOT gluttons. Barriatric surgery is a very dangerous and complicate proceedure, over eating is seldom the single cause, there are many causes to Morbid Obestity ranging from the psychological to the genetic.

So please show some Christian understanding for those less fortunate, you never know when you may need someones understanding Chelsea

02/08/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I don't agree with you on this, Chelsea. As a Catholic physician, I firmly believe ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

I don't agree with you on this, Chelsea. As a Catholic physician, I firmly believe that preteens or early teens (both boys and girls) should be given this vaccine. I feel the benefits hugely outweigh any possible risks. It is much easier to prevent than to cure!

--hide--

It takes but a single unvaccinated person to start an epidemic

02/08/2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: WOW!!!!! Thats an amazing statement of ignorance. People who have Gastic Bypass of Gas...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

WOW!!!!! Thats an amazing statement of ignorance. People who have Gastic Bypass of Gastric Stapling are NOT gluttons. Barriatric surgery is a very dangerous and complicate proceedure, over eating is seldom the single cause, there are many causes to Morbid Obestity ranging from the psychological to the genetic.

So please show some Christian understanding for those less fortunate, you never know when you may need someones understanding Chelsea

--hide--

I think you mis-read what I wrote, Sir. I didn't say all who get Gastric Bypass surgery are gluttons. I was only referring to the futility of stapling the stomach of a glutton (i.e., a specific group of the entire population who have the Gastric Bypass surgery), because it doesn't cure the underlying spiritual problem. This is analagous to giving a child a vaccine for the effects of another spiritual problem, because we all know and accept (sarcasm) that he or she IS going to be promiscuous one day, and as parents, we do not want them to suffer the effects of their ill decisions.

Posts 101 - 110 of 166