Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: And what if you choose not to vaccinate your child and he falls in love with and marries someone t...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

And what if you choose not to vaccinate your child and he falls in love with and marries someone that carries HPV? You can't look at your son at 12 and know what he's going to do when he's 22. Would it not be better to protect him now? You can teach him in the way you think he should go, but in the end his free will is his own choice. The healthcare professionals in this thread probably know more than the lay people giving you advice that they got off the internet.

--hide--

The HPV vaccine is not for males, but if you come across that situation then the girl needs to get the vaccination though its better she has it in puberty. But cervical cancer is NOT contagious and to date no conclusive or anecdotal evidence HPV has an adverse effect on men except as herpes

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I agree with you Katherine.. Just because vaccine is given doesn't mean that '...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I agree with you Katherine.. Just because vaccine is given doesn't mean that 'the child' has to know what the vaccine is for until they are able to maturely handle the information. We all want to believe that 'our child' isn't going to engage in premarital sex, but having raised 4 of them my answer would be 'Get your head out of the sand'.. Once they start the moment to protect them is gone.

--hide--

As a senior Nurse I agree privately with you. It is not necessary for minors to be informed of what treatments are for if their careers have given informed consent thats enough. The health and well being of our children, ourselves, is what counts.

Officially though I have to be all warm and fuzzy and say the child has human rights and the the right to be told what when and why and all that PC crap, sorry human rights and concent.

I still wouldnt tell the child I would leave that to you parents or not mischievous

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Helen-881220 said: mmm, just for peace of mind, i went that route with my daughter. she was about 18, and also gave ...
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

mmm, just for peace of mind, i went that route with my daughter. she was about 18, and also gave her consent. like donna said, when its too late, its too late! HPV can cause cervical cancer, and unless a gal has yearly pap smears, it will not be detected.

--hide--

Sexually active women need a PAP smear every two years, non sexually active women PAP smear ever 3-4 years from the age of activity. Its strange or Gods Joke but sex causes cancers in women but lack of sex causes cancers in men. That is referring to urinary/reproductive cancers!!!!!!!

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: What are we supposed to be looking at? The "Health" link transfers to 3 pages w...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

What are we supposed to be looking at? The "Health" link transfers to 3 pages with 45 links.

It would be helpful if you copy the URL of the page of interest and post that rather than expecting the reader to sort through pages of links to find the rignt one.

--hide--

In Gods Great Universe. Use your mind find the link for the MOH then the link with the Vaccination information then the link to the vaccine you need to find.

How else are you going to find it. Its not just going to jump out as say hello. There are thousands of drugs and reports.

Oh heres a thought Jerry, the box marked SEARCH, some people find it helpful.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Citations of the studies supporting this claim, please.

Citations of the studies supporting this claim, please.

--hide--

Dah.... OMG

http://www.govt.nz

or ask any Kiwi woman on this site, or read any of the Hanzard reports for the years 2000 and on,or better still I'll post MY vaccination book given to me at birth and filled in by the District Health Nurse or the P;unket Nurse and you can read it your self. YFI

What is it with you and citations, I said it was common practice to give the HPV to girls aged 12-13 and above at school. Just like we do for all our vaccines at 2 weeks, 3 months, 18 months, 5 years, 12 years free for TB, Polio, Smallpox Tetanus and a miriad of our common childhood diseases. But that social medicine for you you get things to protect the public health for free because they are needed.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: HPV isn't the only caise of cervical cancer, so if one is concerned about same they w...

HPV isn't the only caise of cervical cancer, so if one is concerned about same they will have to have the yearly pap smears, vaccinated or not.

--hide--

Having the vaccine reduces the risk, but IT IS NOT A CURE but and important prophalaxis

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: The University of British Columbia medical school (the source of the report Chelsea poste...

The University of British Columbia medical school (the source of the report Chelsea posted) is a group of ill-informed tree huggers? I never would have expected...

--hide--

Indeed not but perhaps those reading blogs, forums and the deliberatly obtuse are????????? Give me some credit for once, just once Jerry surprise yourself.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I got the vaccine when I was 21, and wasn't inclined to go out and start having sex. Just sayi...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I got the vaccine when I was 21, and wasn't inclined to go out and start having sex. Just sayin'. Same goes when I got on birth control for medical reasons. A good, moral, upbringing will far outweigh any medical leeways.

--hide--

Mary I remember the days when bands like Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart, and even Cliff Richard and Bette Middler were going to turn us all to sex mad crazy drug taking servants of satin. Some people just have to have something to scare themselves with, and to control the actions of others by limiting your free choice.

As the internet widens the moonbeamers comeout of the shadows to more people.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Lisa, I think you should do more research on HPV and it's relation to throat cancers. I think...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

Lisa, I think you should do more research on HPV and it's relation to throat cancers. I think the health issue is more broad than just what has been discussed here. As you inferred, it might be best for him to make the choice on his own when he is older. By then, maybe even more research will be available. Good luck.

--hide--

There is no link between Throat cancer and HPV vaccination, or any vaccination. Throat Cancer has a completly different aetiology, mand many causes.

http://www.who.org

and Jerry go to the Public Health section and look up cancer and vaccine rates

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: 'can' is the operative word. Hep-A transmission is primarily via fecal-oral route...

'can' is the operative word. Hep-A transmission is primarily via fecal-oral routes; transmission via sexual contact is relatively rare. While sexual transmission of Hep-B is more common than Hep-A, it can also be transmitted by contact with contaminated blood. Since the virus can remain active for extended periods (weeks) even in dried blood, this is a significant risk.

That being said, I see no reason for routine vaccination of young children for either. Hep-A is generally not a chronic of life-threatening disease, in fact many infections are sub-acute. Generally young children aren't at risk for contact with blood products (Hep_B), though vaccination may be warranted for those who live with someone infected with Hep-B.

--hide--

Sorry Jerry Hep A is body fluid to body fluid and sexually transmitted. Hep B is body fluid to body fluid, can be sexually transmitted but is relatively a very fragile virus. It will die with 15 minutes exposure to UV light, Hep C is blood to blood transmission, but not sexually transmitted, only by direct blood contact. Hep D/ Hep E and Hep F are transmitted by saliva and possible all body fluids, all have the possibility to be sexually transmitted.

Hepatitis IS a MAJOR killer and one of the top 5 reasons for Liver failure and transplant. Hep A is very aggressive and hard to kill, as is Hep C 1 in 4 people treated for Hep C fail to take to treatment. (CDC) Hep D/E are also very aggressive and resilient to treatment. The viri have a fast mutation rate and that makes it hard to crack the code to destroy it. Therefore vaccination is our best option to eradicate the disease. Thankfully Hep B is the most common and the easiest to prevent, but no cure exists for any Hepatitis at this time and all who have any of the strains (I understand we are up to Hep H now) face the real likelihood of liver failure and Hepatic Cancer.

My citations for you are me I have Hep C, and was one of the 25% who didnt take well to vaccine or the treatment, currently on the wait list for another Human Trial for vaccine and 30 years Advance Care Nursing including Contagous diseases.

But http://www.govt.nz Health Reports from all of the District Health Boards and the Public Committee on Hepatitis and the government reports on the Economic and Health Cost of Hepatitis in the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Social Development, Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Economic Development. or

http://www.who.org Public Health reports

http://www.un.org UNESCO Health and Development

UNICEF Health and Children in Developing Countries

and the report of the International Society of Immunology report on The Efficacy of Vaccination, and the International Society of Gastric Barriatic and Hepatic Surgeons Report on Hepatitis and Cancer.

Cant give you the websites because I am not sure if the site uses a French Nomeclature

Posts 61 - 70 of 166