Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) James-54232 said:
(Quote) James-54232 said:
--hide--

The best woman I can be rgrough God's grace and a saint. biggrin

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: The best woman I can be rgrough God's grace and a saint.
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

The best woman I can be rgrough God's grace and a saint.

--hide--

ooops embarassed

*through

Feb 2nd 2013 new

I'm right now helping my 2nd grader do her homework for First Reconciliation class and we are talking about how everything we do we are to do to spread God's Love, to choose to be Jesus in the world, to be kind, unselfish, stand up for those bullied or neglected, to somehow let others know that they are loved and there is goodness in the world -- to shine our light. I have 6 children lent to me by God and my most awesome and important duty is to help them find God and and get to heaven. The best way to do that is to be a good example and I strive to live so as to become a saint. I fail daily, but I strive.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

Thats nice to hear those things coming from woman. soothes a mans soul. Thanks

Feb 2nd 2013 new

What a wonderful question to ask! Thank you and welcome to the forums.wave And for me, it is the number 1 goal in my life and has been since Christmas of 2000.

I also hope and wonder if there are any men out there who are striving to be saints.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

No..Just striving to be a good person day in and day out.. I don't think the saints were striving to be saints when they were living either. I would never presume to assume I was destined for sainthood..

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: No..Just striving to be a good person day in and day out.. I don't think the saints were striv...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

No..Just striving to be a good person day in and day out.. I don't think the saints were striving to be saints when they were living either. I would never presume to assume I was destined for sainthood..

--hide--

Donna -- we are all supposed to strive to be saints -- it means living our faith purposefully -- but very few will be called and able to live as Saints! There is a big difference between saints and Saints!

Feb 2nd 2013 new

That is my number one goal in life and will be until the day I die!

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: No..Just striving to be a good person day in and day out.. I don't think the saints were striv...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

--hide--

All things are possible with God (don't remember the verse.) Who knows what the saints were striving for (especially once sainthood became more established in the Church.

Did you ever listen to Mother Angelica? She ended almost every show saying - "We are all called to be saints - don't miss the opportunity!" with her wonderful smile. I think this is the question being asked in this forum. And, from things you have posted - kind acts you have done for your children, etc., I would suspect (that although you might not say it that way) that you are striving to be a saint .

I don't think women here are presuming they will become a saint, just that they are striving toward that by how they live their lives, etc.

Would love to hear if any men here are striving to be saints (or do we need to start another thread for the men)?

Posts 1 - 10 of 38