Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 5th 2013 new

Thats a cool tip about the journal. Thanks

Feb 5th 2013 new
There are still a lot of men and women who strive to become holy each day and I've known quiet a few..one specially who does the will of God all the time. I belong to his prayer group and he never ceased praying and offering sacrifices like kneeling, fasting everyday, daily mass & communion, praying over sick people and etc. I strive to be like him but I tend to get complacent when I thought I reach the next level of sanctity and that's when I fall. I tried to get up and start all over again but each time it gets harder and harder..I've been struggling everyday but I trust my Lord and God that He will lift me up each time I fall. This thread below had somehow give me insights and strengthen me in my quest to gain heaven when I'm called home..hope this will help those who haven't known what purgatory is..

www.americaneedsfatima.org

God bless everyone,

Emily
Feb 5th 2013 new

A friend of mine has often said she is striving to become a saint

Feb 5th 2013 new

Absolutely, yes. The more we follow Jesus and engage in the life, sacraments and teachings of the Church, the more I think we seek sainthood and holiness. As many have said before me on the thread, I don't always succeed, but sainthood is the goal, as a means to eternal life. And so I keep trying, doing my best. Blessings to all who read this. Joan

Feb 5th 2013 new

No, but my priests call me a saint so I guess I was pushed into it by my circumstances! scratchchin theheart

Feb 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: All things are possible with God (don't remember the verse.) Who knows what the saints were str...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

All things are possible with God (don't remember the verse.) Who knows what the saints were striving for (especially once sainthood became more established in the Church.

Did you ever listen to Mother Angelica? She ended almost every show saying - "We are all called to be saints - don't miss the opportunity!" with her wonderful smile. I think this is the question being asked in this forum. And, from things you have posted - kind acts you have done for your children, etc., I would suspect (that although you might not say it that way) that you are striving to be a saint .

I don't think women here are presuming they will become a saint, just that they are striving toward that by how they live their lives, etc.

Would love to hear if any men here are striving to be saints (or do we need to start another thread for the men)?

--hide--

A saint or a Saint, either way, means they are in Heaven and we all want that, right? Famous or unknown, it won't really matter to us if we are up there with HIm.
Feb 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: A saint or a Saint, either way, means they are in Heaven and we all want that, right? Famous or unknown, it...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

A saint or a Saint, either way, means they are in Heaven and we all want that, right? Famous or unknown, it won't really matter to us if we are up there with HIm.
--hide--

So...perhaps the word 'saint' is daunting or sounds like one must head to a monastery but it simply means living and dying in a state of grace and even if there is a pit stop in Purgatory, one will be a saint eventually. If in a state of grace and trying to keep it that way, things are on the right path...
Feb 9th 2013 new

I should hope everybody is! A Saint is any old person- we just aknowledge that they went to Heaven. Everybody who goes to Heaven is a Saint angel

Posts 31 - 38 of 38