Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 2nd 2013 new

Oh, yikes. hug

Feb 3rd 2013 new

I loved the article, especially the sections about flakes, and guilting guys for wanting to have a guy night.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

I know men that have dated women like those listed and tried to make it work. What makes them stay? Why do (some) men prefer the drama queen over the girl next door? I don't get it.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Susie-550311 said: I know men that have dated women like those listed and tried to make it work. What makes them sta...
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:

I know men that have dated women like those listed and tried to make it work. What makes them stay? Why do (some) men prefer the drama queen over the girl next door? I don't get it.

--hide--
Men make mistakes like this because they have an attraction to the woman.A good lesson to be learned in the Movie Fatal Attraction! wide eyed laughing

Feb 3rd 2013 new

laughing You think that movie would have scared men into staying faithful forever. laughing

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Susie-550311 said: You think that movie would have scared men into staying faithful forever.
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:

You think that movie would have scared men into staying faithful forever.

--hide--
Exactly!I just watched a clip on Youtube.It's scary! laughing Glenn close did a great acting job.I never would ever cheat on Ann Archer.I think they should have reversed those roles maybe.It didn't seem realistic,because Ann Archer was drop dead gorgeous.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Sarah-901988 said: I thought this was an interesting article on red flags: artofmanliness.com.
(Quote) Sarah-901988 said:

I thought this was an interesting article on red flags: artofmanliness.com

Though written for men, I think many apply to both genders. A few that stood out to me were 3,8,9,and 14. I think they each made good points about healthy relationships.

Anything that stood out to you or that you look for?

(I don't intend this thread to be a complaint thread. The article helped me clarify why certain things are red flags and also hit on a few I hadn't really considered. I'm curious what stands out to others as red flags and why.)

--hide--

wave
Here are some interesting ones just came across from an article I read. It is from a women's perspective with a different title " when to dump a man" ... the link is on the bottom with more detailed explanations... I guess this works both ways for most of them .. we can substitute her or she as well.. scratchchin

1. He calls women the "B" word

2. He is attached to his mother's apron stings.

3. He is only interested in himself

4.He has unresolved addiction issues

5. He is not honest or trustworthy

6. His relentless negative outlook

7. He's got Peter Pan syndrome ( still childish )

8. He Lacks ambition

9. He is a cheater

10. He is not good boyfriend material

yahoo.match.com

Lord help us be good people for one another and strive to do your Will in all things... With the Lord as our guide we can overcome many shortcomings. Praying hug rosary Kathleen

Feb 3rd 2013 new

Thank you for sharing Sarah

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Amanda-920573 said: That blog is actually really good to read. It's geared toward men, but it can be informative and en...
(Quote) Amanda-920573 said: That blog is actually really good to read. It's geared toward men, but it can be informative and entertaining for women too!
--hide--

I agree, I've been a fan of that blog for a long while. I've also given a couple of their books as gifts to men friends. Good stuff.

Feb 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: Here are some interesting ones just came across from an article I read. It is from a women's...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

Here are some interesting ones just came across from an article I read. It is from a women's perspective with a different title " when to dump a man" ... the link is on the bottom with more detailed explanations... I guess this works both ways for most of them .. we can substitute her or she as well..

1. He calls women the "B" word

2. He is attached to his mother's apron stings.

3. He is only interested in himself

4.He has unresolved addiction issues

5. He is not honest or trustworthy

6. His relentless negative outlook

7. He's got Peter Pan syndrome ( still childish )

8. He Lacks ambition

9. He is a cheater

10. He is not good boyfriend material Kathleen

--hide--
Uh oh! I included each of the traits you listed when describing myself in my profile. Maybe that explains why nobody responds to my messages. : ) Brad
Posts 11 - 20 of 46