Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: The eternal debate ladies...which one is it, I have talked to a few and it seems the more utilita...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

The eternal debate ladies...which one is it, I have talked to a few and it seems the more utilitarian folks love chocolates, as I am one of them, but there is an equal or nearly equal amount that wants flowers...what do you want for special occasions? vday, bday, eday haha

--hide--

Anything that shows a little thought: chocolates are good, if they are the kind I especially like instead of those horrible "assorted chocolates" boxes, and flowers are good, if they are the kind I like instead of the generic no-thought-necessary red roses that I actually don't care much for. If I had to pick one over the other, I'd pick flowers. They can bring joy to many people at once with their beauty, whereas the chocolates can only make one mouth happy at a time. ;) Honestly though, any gift with thought behind it ought to be well-received and appreciated by a mature recipient.

(Note: heaven help the man who gives me a stuffed animal on a special day. I haven't needed or wanted one of those since I was twelve. Don't give me a stuffed animal, and I promise I will not gift you a Tonka truck or Hot Wheels. Unless for some reason you are a collector and would actually like that.)

Feb 3rd 2013 new

a beautiful vase of flowers on the dining room table works for me! rose rose biggrin definitely flowers!

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: The eternal debate ladies...which one is it, I have talked to a few and it seems the more utilita...

The eternal debate ladies...which one is it, I have talked to a few and it seems the more utilitarian folks love chocolates, as I am one of them, but there is an equal or nearly equal amount that wants flowers...what do you want for special occasions? vday, bday, eday haha

--hide--

Defintely flowers as I don't really like chocolate and will only eat it on very rare occasions. ( I know that not liking chocolate sounds weird but it is the truth)

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I want both.. I am an equal opportunity acceptor.
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I want both.. I am an equal opportunity acceptor.

--hide--

What Donna said! clap

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: But I think most girls would like this, as so much thought went into it! Ladies, do you agree,...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

But I think most girls would like this, as so much thought went into it! Ladies, do you agree, or am I unique?

--hide--

I agree, Kristen. It's true what they say - It really is the THOUGHT that counts wink

Feb 3rd 2013 new

As St Valentines day is just as lent starts - it would have to be flowers

Feb 3rd 2013 new

Flowers can be so very beautiful...works every time for me.

I eat chocolate almost daily so not special, although I am in the process of hopefully replacing this habit with some very good steep teas...like After Eight and Chocolate Mint...only worked for a couple of days...must drink more, maybe will have to add some honey? scratchchin

Feb 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Brian-144650 said: The eternal debate ladies...which one is it, I have talked to a few and it seems the more utilitarian folks lov...

--hide--
If you were going all out...of course both! Not the Godiva chocolate, Hershey's plain milk chocolate bars would be great except at Easter and I would like the white chocolate bunnies! Same with flowers, not particular...love garden roses though because they smell the best. Florist roses don't have the scent I love.
Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: I totally agree with you Laura! Anything that shows a little thought: cho...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

I totally agree with you Laura!

Anything that shows a little thought: chocolates are good, if they are the kind I especially like instead of those horrible "assorted chocolates" boxes, and flowers are good, if they are the kind I like instead of the generic no-thought-necessary red roses that I actually don't care much for. If I had to pick one over the other, I'd pick flowers. They can bring joy to many people at once with their beauty, whereas the chocolates can only make one mouth happy at a time. ;) Honestly though, any gift with thought behind it ought to be well-received and appreciated by a mature recipient.

(Note: heaven help the man who gives me a stuffed animal on a special day. I haven't needed or wanted one of those since I was twelve. Don't give me a stuffed animal, and I promise I will not gift you a Tonka truck or Hot Wheels. Unless for some reason you are a collector and would actually like that.)

--hide--

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Sandra-892570 said: That didnt show up correctly. I do agree with Laura
(Quote) Sandra-892570 said:

That didnt show up correctly. I do agree with Laura

--hide--

Posts 11 - 20 of 128