Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 3rd 2013 new

I'd be happy with either but if I had to choose = chocolate.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I want both.. I am an equal opportunity acceptor.
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I want both.. I am an equal opportunity acceptor.

--hide--

I saw somebody else say she doesn't want stuffed animals.. I just want it to be known that I graciously accept all gifts and that a stuffed animal from my SO gets a place of honor on my bed.. wink

Feb 4th 2013 new

I would definitely prefer flowers. I can buy a chocolate bar for a chocolate fix, but flowers are more expensive, hence it is more of a treat. Plus, I don't need the extra calories.

Feb 4th 2013 new

Chocolates.... I love chocolates hersheyskiss hersheyskiss hersheyskiss

Feb 4th 2013 new

I grow flowers for a living, so dainty, petite.

Of course, I love chocolate, the taste is so sweet.

Choosing between them is a tough thing to do.

Tie 'em both to a balloon and I'll always love you!

Feb 4th 2013 new

Ok, just because, I have to share this story about my dad and the yellow roses. This happened when I guess I was 13 or so? It's still funny, though.

My dad used to drive back and forth to a job with a very long commute. There was (and still is) a little flower stand selling these local old-fashioned roses in big bunches for $2-3. My dad has never been a big show-off romance kind of guy, my mum has never been really big on that "mushy stuff" either. Romantic would be "Honey, I fixed the doorknob that was sticking." One day my dad got it in his head to stop and buy my mum a big bunch of these yellow roses, just because they were there, they were two dollars, and it seemed like a sweet thing to do.

To this day they tease each other about it, because my mother's initial reaction to seeing him walk in the door with this big bunch of flowers wrapped in newspaper was "What did you do?"

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: Ok, just because, I have to share this story about my dad and the yellow roses. This happened...
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said:

Ok, just because, I have to share this story about my dad and the yellow roses. This happened when I guess I was 13 or so? It's still funny, though.

My dad used to drive back and forth to a job with a very long commute. There was (and still is) a little flower stand selling these local old-fashioned roses in big bunches for $2-3. My dad has never been a big show-off romance kind of guy, my mum has never been really big on that "mushy stuff" either. Romantic would be "Honey, I fixed the doorknob that was sticking." One day my dad got it in his head to stop and buy my mum a big bunch of these yellow roses, just because they were there, they were two dollars, and it seemed like a sweet thing to do.

To this day they tease each other about it, because my mother's initial reaction to seeing him walk in the door with this big bunch of flowers wrapped in newspaper was "What did you do?"

--hide--

Very Cute!

Feb 4th 2013 new

Salty licorice tongue

Feb 4th 2013 new

Flowers :)

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Margaret-20183 said: Salty licorice
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said:

Salty licorice

--hide--

O-M-GOSH... I LOVE licorice.. So was I ever thrilled to find a huge display of licorice In the Old Port Candy store in Portland ME the first time I was there in 2007.. I grabbed a bag of mixed licorice pieces out of the jars and went on my merry way.. I got to Cold Stone Creamery and was going to have ice cream for my dinner and they were busy so I popped a piece of the licorice in my mouth while I waited.. It was Australian Salt Licorice.. crazy crazy crazy.. I couldn't get to the napkin holders to spit it out.. So I chewed it and swallowed it.. I had the sensation in my mouth for several hours like I had swallowed ammonia.. Needless to say the rest of those pieces went straight in the trash.. wide eyed Next time I went to the candy store I asked "How do people ever develop a taste for that?" She said they had quite a following for it.. NOT ME! eyepopping

Posts 41 - 50 of 128