Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

I am just wondering why men in their 40's and early 50's are never on chat. There are plenty of 18-40 year olds and more than enough 55-65 year olds. Once in a great while, a man in the age range I am referring to stops in. There are plenty of women in this age range and we have very few men in our age range to talk to. So I am just wondering, why men are not chatting?

Feb 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Gigi-865956 said: I am just wondering why men in their 40's and early 50's are never on chat. There are plenty of 18-40 y...
(Quote) Gigi-865956 said:

I am just wondering why men in their 40's and early 50's are never on chat. There are plenty of 18-40 year olds and more than enough 55-65 year olds. Once in a great while, a man in the age range I am referring to stops in. There are plenty of women in this age range and we have very few men in our age range to talk to. So I am just wondering, why men are not chatting?

--hide--

If I remember right, you folks were talking about it and stopped when I popped into the room (last night??). I stop in when I get a few minutes. As I work with computers, there are evenings when I just don't want to sit in front of a computer after a ten or twelve hour day in front of one. I don't know about others.
Feb 3rd 2013 new

Just guessing, here, but I wonder if maybe the older guys aren't as fast at typing as the younger guys?

Personally, I don't like chat; it's confusing.

Feb 3rd 2013 new
I personally am not a fan of chat rooms. I like to think carefully about what I say and write fairly well-considered, polished responses. Apart from that, I ran the CompuServe Catholic Online singles chat room into the ground in the 1990's after I was left in charge of it. Many Saturday afternoons I was the sole occupant of the chat room, sometimes chatting with myself just to pass the time. With that sort of anti-Midas touch, it may be better if I stay away from chat rooms.
Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: I personally am not a fan of chat rooms. I like to think carefully about what I say and write fairly we...
(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: I personally am not a fan of chat rooms. I like to think carefully about what I say and write fairly well-considered, polished responses. Apart from that, I ran the CompuServe Catholic Online singles chat room into the ground in the 1990's after I was left in charge of it. Many Saturday afternoons I was the sole occupant of the chat room, sometimes chatting with myself just to pass the time. With that sort of anti-Midas touch, it may be better if I stay away from chat rooms.
--hide--

laughing

Feb 4th 2013 new

Since my previous post generated a laugh, here is an actual transcript of the singles chat from 7/15/2000:

Andrew.. test 1

Andrew..  A stitch in time saves nine.

Andrew..  rest 2

Andrew..  Once burned, twice shy.

Andrew..  test 3

Andrew..  A rising tide raises all boats.

This is the unedited, complete transcript from 5/29/1999:

Andrew..  Once again, I am pleased to say that we had no disagreements or unseemly quarrels this week.

Andrew..  I commend the civil behavior of the participants in this conference, and with that, declare the proceedings adjorned until Thursday night at 10 PM.

Andrew..  Adjourned, that is.

Finally, here is the original, unredacted chat transcript from 7/15/1999:

Andrew..  I've warned everyone once about the crowding. Now, please, enter one at a time, like ladies and gentlemen. Thank you.

Andrew..  Well, folks, I'm going to have to cut you off at this point.

Andrew..  The chat is scheduled to end at 11 PM, and I'm going to end it even if I have to fight you all. Now, be quiet for a few minutes.

Andrew.. Thanks. See you all next week. Take care. Quo adporinum.

Oddly enough, I don't even remember what "quo adporinum" means, even though the transcript indicates that I wrote it-- but that's why we save official transcripts.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: Since my previous post generated a laugh, here is an actual transcript of the singles chat from ...
(Quote) Andrew-290721 said:

Since my previous post generated a laugh, here is an actual transcript of the singles chat from 7/15/2000:

Andrew.. test 1

Andrew.. A stitch in time saves nine.

Andrew.. rest 2

Andrew.. Once burned, twice shy.

Andrew.. test 3

Andrew.. A rising tide raises all boats.

This is the unedited, complete transcript from 5/29/1999:

Andrew.. Once again, I am pleased to say that we had no disagreements or unseemly quarrels this week.

Andrew.. I commend the civil behavior of the participants in this conference, and with that, declare the proceedings adjorned until Thursday night at 10 PM.

Andrew.. Adjourned, that is.

Finally, here is the original, unredacted chat transcript from 7/15/1999:

Andrew.. I've warned everyone once about the crowding. Now, please, enter one at a time, like ladies and gentlemen. Thank you.

Andrew.. Well, folks, I'm going to have to cut you off at this point.

Andrew.. The chat is scheduled to end at 11 PM, and I'm going to end it even if I have to fight you all. Now, be quiet for a few minutes.

Andrew.. Thanks. See you all next week. Take care. Quo adporinum.

Oddly enough, I don't even remember what "quo adporinum" means, even though the transcript indicates that I wrote it-- but that's why we save official transcripts.

--hide--

Ya just made extra work for me taking your LAST NAME out of every entry.. raspberry

Feb 4th 2013 new
Sorry about that-- but thanks. I was thinking about the joke and overlooked that detail.
Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Gigi-865956 said: I am just wondering why men in their 40's and early 50's are never on chat. There are plen...

--hide--
Because (most of us guys) Not all But most of us Guys in their 50's & (maybe) 40's Most of us don't go into the "CHAT ROOM'S" Is because WE can't git a word in (edge wise)!! laughing laughing laughing laughing (that's why) laughing

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Gigi-865956 said: I am just wondering why men in their 40's and early 50's are never on chat. There are plen...

--hide--

it's tought to follow chat with trifocals. laughing Plus it's way past our bed times.

Posts 1 - 10 of 32