Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: Since my previous post generated a laugh, here is an actual transcript of the singles chat from ...
(Quote) Andrew-290721 said:

Since my previous post generated a laugh, here is an actual transcript of the singles chat from 7/15/2000:

Andrew.. test 1

Andrew.. A stitch in time saves nine.

Andrew.. rest 2

Andrew.. Once burned, twice shy.

Andrew.. test 3

Andrew.. A rising tide raises all boats.

This is the unedited, complete transcript from 5/29/1999:

Andrew.. Once again, I am pleased to say that we had no disagreements or unseemly quarrels this week.

Andrew.. I commend the civil behavior of the participants in this conference, and with that, declare the proceedings adjorned until Thursday night at 10 PM.

Andrew.. Adjourned, that is.

Finally, here is the original, unredacted chat transcript from 7/15/1999:

Andrew.. I've warned everyone once about the crowding. Now, please, enter one at a time, like ladies and gentlemen. Thank you.

Andrew.. Well, folks, I'm going to have to cut you off at this point.

Andrew.. The chat is scheduled to end at 11 PM, and I'm going to end it even if I have to fight you all. Now, be quiet for a few minutes.

Andrew.. Thanks. See you all next week. Take care. Quo adporinum.

Oddly enough, I don't even remember what "quo adporinum" means, even though the transcript indicates that I wrote it-- but that's why we save official transcripts.

--hide--

THIS is hilarious! laughing

Feb 9th 2013 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: it's tought to follow chat with trifocals. Plus it's way past our bed times. ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

it's tought to follow chat with trifocals. Plus it's way past our bed times.

--hide--
I have never tried any of the chat rooms. I will stop in sometime and say hello.
Feb 10th 2013 new

Gigi,

I tried the chat room for the first time yesterday and could only stand it for a few minutes. It was like being in a room with five conversations all on different topics at the same time. For me it was like trying to drink from a fire hose! I could feel my anxiety building after just a few minutes and bailed out. I will probably never go back to chat.

That is just the $0.02 of one 53 year old.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-928087 said: Gigi, I tried the chat room for the first time yesterday and could only stand it for a few...
(Quote) Jerry-928087 said:

Gigi,

I tried the chat room for the first time yesterday and could only stand it for a few minutes. It was like being in a room with five conversations all on different topics at the same time. For me it was like trying to drink from a fire hose! I could feel my anxiety building after just a few minutes and bailed out. I will probably never go back to chat.

That is just the $0.02 of one 53 year old.

--hide--

AGREED! The first chat I ever tried to join on CM (actually, my first chat on any site, ever) was crowded with 21 users and several conversations happening, one of which was about french kissing and fooling around. I stated that "I'm new" and "is this really appropriate conversation?" and "I don't need this - I'm outta here." Then I went to the smaller room and it was much better with some good stuff said. I'm a pretty fast typist, but I can only go on Saturday nights - kids are at their dad's.

Feb 10th 2013 new
Totally agree, Jerry!! I went on once & felt a similar sensation...like watching five tennis matches at once!!
Feb 11th 2013 new

Well thanks, for your input. I have found it to be a great place to meet people. Once you go a few times, you meet people and it is like talking to old friends. It can be a little quick, but you are able to slow down the conversation with just one click. I was just wondering since so many of the chat room people are over 55 and under 40 years of age, why our age group isn't better represented.

Feb 11th 2013 new

Chat shows your last name??????????????????????? shocked faint

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Chat shows your last name???????????????????????
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Chat shows your last name???????????????????????

--hide--

It shows first name and member number.. Where did you get the idea it was showing last name?

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Chat shows your last name???????????????????????
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Chat shows your last name???????????????????????

--hide--

Noooo..He was showing an off site chat that he had with himself and it had his last name in it..I had to edit the last names out for every entry..

Feb 11th 2013 new
I think that is the best description of the chat room, at least from my review. Didn't have the courage to type a word in edgewise.
Posts 11 - 20 of 32