Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Gigi-865956 said: I am just wondering why men in their 40's and early 50's are never on chat. There are plen...
(Quote) Gigi-865956 said:

I am just wondering why men in their 40's and early 50's are never on chat. There are plenty of 18-40 year olds and more than enough 55-65 year olds. Once in a great while, a man in the age range I am referring to stops in. There are plenty of women in this age range and we have very few men in our age range to talk to. So I am just wondering, why men are not chatting?

--hide--

Gigi,
I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I entered one of the chat rooms once a while ago and haven't been back in there since. In high school, I didn't take a typing course, so I still type somewhat slowly and not necessarily accurately. laughing

And as one gent said above in this thread, I like what I type to be somewhat well thought out, and there just isn't time for that in the chat rooms, which move at near the speed of light and have several conversations going on at once.

By the time I would get a response typed out, others would be two or three topics beyond that, and they weren't looking back.

I'm sure that the chat rooms are good for some, but for those of us who aren't light-speed typists, it's like trying to catch a waterfall with a sieve. eyepopping laughing

God Bless,
Steve

Feb 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Gigi-865956 said: I am just wondering why men in their 40's and early 50's are never on chat. There are plen...

I am just wondering why men in their 40's and early 50's are never on chat. There are plenty of 18-40 year olds and more than enough 55-65 year olds. Once in a great while, a man in the age range I am referring to stops in. There are plenty of women in this age range and we have very few men in our age range to talk to. So I am just wondering, why men are not chatting?

--hide--

There's never anybody there at 12:30am Pacific. When I come on earlier, there's nobody over 40...

Feb 17th 2013 new
Like my 6 year old Grandson says: why do women talk so much?
Feb 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Gigi-865956 said: I am just wondering why men in their 40's and early 50's are never on chat. There are plenty of 18-40 y...

--hide--
My guess is that generally the chat room moves pretty fast in conversation and often times multiple conversations over lap each other and that is confusing to some people. Especially if they don't type well or fast. Just a hunch
Feb 24th 2013 new

I've just returned to this site after a gap of a few years. I do use chat rooms elsewhere and have looked at the chat rooms here but being in the Uk don't see that many around on my time when I'm online.

Feb 25th 2013 new

I just looked in at the chat rooms - 2 with nobody, 1 with one person. Couldn't get in that one, it seemed to freeze. Trouble is I'm in UK and by the time the Americans arrive I'm in bed! I did try once ages ago and there were a few young people there but as others have said, it's hard to follow a conversation. How about separate chat rooms for the different age groups?

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Marion-824292 said: I just looked in at the chat rooms - 2 with nobody, 1 with one person. Couldn't get in that ...
(Quote) Marion-824292 said:

I just looked in at the chat rooms - 2 with nobody, 1 with one person. Couldn't get in that one, it seemed to freeze. Trouble is I'm in UK and by the time the Americans arrive I'm in bed! I did try once ages ago and there were a few young people there but as others have said, it's hard to follow a conversation. How about separate chat rooms for the different age groups?

--hide--

That's a great idea about separate chat rooms for different age groups.. Maybe they can also have different topic chat rooms sort of like the forums?

That might be more attractive to users ? Admin are you reading this ? wink

I hardly ever go in the chat rooms. Just seems to be a waste of time, but I do check it once in a while. Usually a hello and good bye ...

Guess the time zones don't help for the other countries.. Another Idea would be for different Region Chat rooms.. East Coast, West Coast, North America, South America, Europe Etc.. ?

Those are just some random thoughts... Happy chatting ...

Kathleen wink

Mar 7th 2013 new

--hide--
The chat rooms seem to be oriented toward the younger set, which is perfectly fine with me. Chat rooms might not appeal to a lot of people because of the fast pace, and the myriad of conversations. After trying it a couple of times, I didn't get excited about it. The people were friendly, but the topic of discussion wasn't on top of my "must know" list. It involved trying to discover which major chain had the best sub sandwiches. A topic like that was way too heavy for me..... rolling eyes

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: AGREED! The first chat I ever tried to join on CM (actually, my first chat o...
(Quote) Caroline-930073 said:

AGREED! The first chat I ever tried to join on CM (actually, my first chat on any site, ever) was crowded with 21 users and several conversations happening, one of which was about french kissing and fooling around. I stated that "I'm new" and "is this really appropriate conversation?" and "I don't need this - I'm outta here." Then I went to the smaller room and it was much better with some good stuff said. I'm a pretty fast typist, but I can only go on Saturday nights - kids are at their dad's.

--hide--
Oh, darn -- I missed that one!!!! embarassed

Actually my preference is to talk to a person one-on-one -- usually via phone.

Mar 16th 2013 new
Chat? What's chat? (Just kidding...)
Posts 21 - 30 of 32