Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Ever wonder whom God has send in addition to protect us during our trial and tribulations, and guide us.. i include both prayers when I recite the rosary. So I though I would share this with you hope it will enlighting you, I was reading in one of the forum someone mentioned angles.

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum.

theheart Old Testament Angels rose rose rose rosary

Then God put winged creatures at the entrance to the garden and a flaming, flashing sword to guard the way to the life-giving tree.” (Genesis 3: 24)

But the Lord’s angels shouted from heaven, “Abraham, Abraham!” (Genesis 22: 11)

That evening the two angels arrived in Sodom, while Lot was sitting near the city gate. (Genesis 19: 1)

...the angel of God called out to Hagar from heaven and said… (Genesis 21: 17) (Abraham’s Egyptian slave woman with son Ishmael)

When you go back there, the Lord will send his angel ahead of you to help you find a wife for my son. (Genesis 24: 7) (Abraham instruction to his trusted servant.

….and God’s angels were going up and down on it. (Genesis 28: 12) (Jacob’s dream)

As Jacob was on his way back home, some of God’s angels came and met him. (Genesis 32: 1)

He has been with me all my life, and his angel kept me safe. (Genesis 48: 16) (Jacob bestowing blessing to Joseph’s children)

There an angel of the Lord appeared to him from a burning bush. (Exodus 3: 2) (Moses in Sinai, the holy mountain, burning bush)

His angel that brings death will pass over and not kill your first-born sons. (Exodus 12: 23)

God’s angel had gone ahead of Israel’s army, but now he moved behind them. (Exodus 14: 19)

Now take my people to the place I told you about, and my angel will lead you. (Exodus 32: 34)

It is a land rich with milk and honey, and I will send an angel to force out those people who live there… (Exodus 33: 2-3)

Balaam and His Donkey meet an Angel (Numbers 22: 22-35)

Feb 3rd 2013 new

theheart FYI ~ the angels have protected my husband, those near and dear in my heart, and me esp. in times of danger and throughout our lives. I would not be on here if it is not GOD's HOLY WILL as many times I have faced and encountered death. rose rosary

Feb 4th 2013 new

Praying rosary theheart Dove angels are all around...

Feb 4th 2013 new

Thank you for sharing this. One never knows when they are entertaining angels. Dove theheart rosary Praying

Feb 5th 2013 new

ST Michael the Archangel, Pray for us

Feb 5th 2013 new

Thanks Genie for sharing--in my prayers i also talk with Angels of God--biggrin

Feb 7th 2013 new

[quote]Genie-920495 said:

When you go back there, the Lord will send his angel ahead of you to help you find a wife for my son. (Genesis 24: 7) (Abraham instruction to his trusted servant.

[/quote

rose rose rose find a husband rose rose rose

May 4th 2013 new

I was reading a CM blog and searching found this:

Saint Raphael Prayer
Blessed Saint Raphael, Archangel,
We beseech thee to help us in all our needs and trials of this life,
as thou, through the power of God, didst restore sight and give guidance to young Tobit.
We humbly seek thine aid and intercession,
that our souls may be healed,
our bodies protected from all ills,
and that through divine grace we may be made fit
to dwell in the eternal Glory of God in heaven. Amen.

St. Raphael Prayer for Healing
Glorious Archangel St. Raphael, great prince of the heavenly court, you are illustrious for your gifts of wisdom and grace. You are a guide of those who journey by land or sea or air, consoler of the afflicted, and refuge of sinners.
I beg you, assist me in all my needs and in all the sufferings of this life, as once you helped the young Tobias on his travels. Because you are the "medicine of God" I humbly pray you to heal the many infirmities of my soul and the ills that afflict my body. I especially ask of you the favor (here mention your special intention), and the great grace of purity to prepare me to be the temple of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Prayer to Saint Raphael Before a Trip
Dear St. Raphael, your lovely name means "God heals." The Lord sent you to young Tobias to guide him throughout a long journey. Upon his return you taught him how to cure his father's blindness. How natural, therefore, for Christians to pray for your powerful help for safe travel and a happy return. This is what we ask for ourselves as well as for all who are far from home. Amen.

Prayer to Saint Raphael, Angel of Happy Meetings

O Raphael, lead us towards those we are waiting for, those who are
waiting for us! Raphael, Angel of Happy Meetings, lead us by the hand
towards those we are looking for! May all our movements, all their
movements, be guided by your Light and transfigured by your joy.

Angel guide of Tobias, lay the request we now address to you at the feet
of Him on whose unveiled Face you are privileged to gaze. Lonely and
tired, crushed by the separations and sorrows of earth, we feel the need
of calling to you and of pleading for the protection of your wings, so
that we may not be as strangers in the Province of Joy, all ignorant of
the concerns of our country.

Remember the weak, you who are strong--you whose home lies beyond the
region of thunder, in a land that is always peaceful, always serene, and
bright with the resplendent glory of God.
Amen.

St Raphael Prayer: Patron of Travelers & Bearers Good News
St. Raphael, archangel, you protected young Tobiah as he journeyed to a distant land. Protect all travelers and most especially those who go about near and far preaching the Gospel. Guide and inspire modern apostles who use the communications media to bring the Good News of Christ to many souls. You also
brought healing and joy to all you met. Help those who bring the Word of God to souls, that they may be as instruments in God's Hands to draw many to lives of Christian holiness. We ask this through Christ, Our Lord. Amen.

Prayer to St. Raphael: For the Choice of a Good Spouse

St. Raphael, you were sent by God to guide young Tobiah in choosing a good and virtuous spouse. Please help me in this important choice which will affect my whole future. You not only directed Tobiah in finding a wife, but you also gave him guidelines which should be foremost in every Christian marriage: "Pray together before making important decisions." If through prayer we keep God as the "third Partner" in our marriage, we will have the strength and grace we need to always accept and do His will. Amen.
Pray 1 Our Father, 3 Hail Mary, 1 Glory be...

St. Raphael Prayer
St. Raphael, of the glorious seven who stand before the throne of Him Who lives and reigns. Angel of health, the Lord has filled your hand with balm from heaven to soothe or cure our pains. Heal or cure the victim of disease, and guide our steps when doubtful of our ways. Amen.

St. Raphael Prayer
You arrow of love and doctor of God's love, wound our hearts, we beseech you, with burning love and do not let the wound heal so that we stay on the path of love every day and so that we overcome everything with it! Amen.

St. Raphael Prayer
Dear Saint Raphael, your lovely name means "God heals." The Lord sent you to young Tobiah to guide him throughout a long journey. Upon his return you taught him how to cure his father's blindness. How natural, therefore, for Christians to pray for your powerful help for safe travel and a happy return. This is what we ask for ourselves as well as for all who are far from home.

May 4th 2013 new

Genie, thank you for the prayers to St. Raphael, I have never thought of him. I do say prayers to St. Michael. And, to the guardian angels.

I used to tell Pete that he had a whole squadron of angels watching over him and it comforts me to think they were with him when he was killed and carried him home.

May 4th 2013 new

Lauren their also there for us in our life ... so amazing God's plan... learning more and more of our faith and how rich it is --- Heavenly & Earthly treasure we accumalate through the blessing & graces bestow on us..

theheart Lauren may our loving Blessed Mary & God continue to give you strength, blessing and graces ... rose rose rose

Posts 1 - 10 of 32