Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: You must sign in before expressing interest in this event.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Carolina-908134 said: Singing show tunes, watching cheesy chick flicks and.....this one I'm really not proud of....
(Quote) Carolina-908134 said:

Singing show tunes, watching cheesy chick flicks and.....this one I'm really not proud of.....watching the Real Housewives.....

--hide--

Showtunes...yes! Love singing to those too. And if we're admitting to TV guilty pleasures, mine is "What Not To Wear"...

Feb 5th 2013 new

Yes, I try to send the "chaste dancing" vibes, but some guys just don't catch on or choose to ignore them... or something. It's happened enough that I prefer to not go anymore. Too bad. :( I have one friend who will go with me and sort of "protect" me, which is awesome. :) I have to say, though, that swing was my first love. I haven't done the flips and gymnastics, yet...

Feb 5th 2013 new

Also, those who said singing show tunes, dancing in your living room, and sleeping in: I agree!!

And Kahirup, that would be fun. I'm not planning on being in Texas anytime soon, though.

Feb 5th 2013 new

What a great topic! I'll have to go along with all the posts on dancing (swing, zumba) but I don't really see them as 'guilty'. Maybe lolling around on the beach reading a good novel. [what are the angels I see below people's post / picture? I'm new to Catholic match]

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: I love turning off that alarm on a Friday night and sleeping until I can't sleep a...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

I love turning off that alarm on a Friday night and sleeping until I can't sleep anymore then...staying in bed some more ......

--hide--

Ah yes, you reminded me of my life long motto.....

Sleep until you are hungry, eat until you are tired.

Feb 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said: Yes, I try to send the "chaste dancing" vibes, but some guys just don't catch on or choose to ig...
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said:

Yes, I try to send the "chaste dancing" vibes, but some guys just don't catch on or choose to ignore them... or something. It's happened enough that I prefer to not go anymore. Too bad. :( I have one friend who will go with me and sort of "protect" me, which is awesome. :) I have to say, though, that swing was my first love. I haven't done the flips and gymnastics, yet...

--hide--
Hmmm. That's a shame that you've had that kind of trouble. Believe me, I have too, but I won't allow someone else's creepy behavior to stop me from doing something I love. If you stick with it long enough you'll develop long-term friendships with folks and find comfortable dance alternatives. I'd rather sit all night and talk with my friends than dance with creepiness.

Try Argentine tango. Or get involved in ballet productions. I've done that too. LOVED IT!!!

More recently, I've substituted the gym for the dance floor, anyway. There's even creepy at the gym. There's always one hiding somewhere. crazy
Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: Let's have some fun in here, why don't we? What's your guilty pleasure? Something y...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

Let's have some fun in here, why don't we? What's your guilty pleasure? Something you won't admit to, but gets some kick doing. No holds barred, and let's make this a judgement free zone (borrowing from my gym's motto )

--hide--

Well actually mine is something I WILL readily admit to ... but it's still kind of a guilty pleasure ..... Zoooooooooming down a hill in my Rolling Along !

This is sometimes followed by people telling me that I ought to be given a ticket for speeding! rolling eyes laughing

Feb 5th 2013 new

Long John Donuts!

Feb 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Well actually mine is something I WILL readily admit to ... but it's still kind of a guilty plea...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

Well actually mine is something I WILL readily admit to ... but it's still kind of a guilty pleasure ..... Zoooooooooming down a hill in my !

This is sometimes followed by people telling me that I ought to be given a ticket for speeding!

--hide--
Not gonna lie, that actually sounds really fun! laughing This may sound weird but.. Mine would have to be dancing the swing. Now if only I could find a lovely dance partner. Haha.
Feb 5th 2013 new
I still listen to rock 'n roll sometimes, Led Zepplin in particular, I still like as much as when I was a teenager!

My vice is soda-drinking, but my guilty pleasure is excellent pizza and ice cream.
Posts 51 - 60 of 96