Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

www.catholicmatch.com

My generation, known asMillennials, is delaying marriage and motherhood in favor of a career or adventure-driven 20s, and because of this, birth and fertility rates are dropping. The female fertility rate is at its lowest level in recorded U.S. history, according to the Centers for Disease Control/Raymond James research.

If you're into SATC, this is probably true. Live on your own with a bunch of girls (or guys) and party hard in the '20s, while working and making good $ in the city. I don't blame them to a degree. But it comes down to having a good job that allows you to have an apartment (probably over $35k).

I think women have it easier, honestly. They have bigger social networks and can find more friends to room with. Guys have friends too, but men rooming together is not as common as a group of girls splitting rent.

Instead ofsettling downpost-college in a cozy house in the suburbs with a doting husband, baby and white picket fence, we’re hanging our college diplomas in our cramped apartments and relegating visions of our dream houses to our Pinterest boards.

Through apartment living, we have the flexibility to move where our careers may take us or eventually, where we decide to settle down with our spouses. In my case, I’m thankful for my lease, which allows me the chance to easily move into my boyfriend’s house someday after we’re married or sell his house and purchase a new home together. Selling one home seems infinitely better than selling two.

Posts 1 - 1 of 1