Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

A Prophetic Warning

Feb 4th 2013 new

I saw this website was given on a post from awhile back so I thought I would share it again. www.realclearreligion.com

One of the paragraphs that caused me to think real hard was this one:

"Ordinary Catholics will not survive this revolution. They must be Catholics who are thoroughly convinced that God became man in the person of Jesus. They must be convinced there is only one supreme authority on earth: the authority of Jesus Christ vested in the Vicar if Christ. What the Church needs, desperately needs, is strong believing Catholics. Otherwise one nation after another, like our own, will be wiped out as a Christian country."

What do you think?

Feb 4th 2013 new

There has been a crisis of Faith internally for quite some time in the Catholic Church.This is why we must be firm in our belief and stay attached to what Our Holy Father says and not be swayed by what the World says.Hence,Abortion,Contraception,etc.The attack is a full frontal attack on the Family,and on the Catholic Church,which is the One true Church established by Jesus Christ Himself.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: There has been a crisis of Faith internally for quite some time in the Catholic Church.This is wh...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

There has been a crisis of Faith internally for quite some time in the Catholic Church.This is why we must be firm in our belief and stay attached to what Our Holy Father says and not be swayed by what the World says.Hence,Abortion,Contraception,etc.The attack is a full frontal attack on the Family,and on the Catholic Church,which is the One true Church established by Jesus Christ Himself.

--hide--

I agree with you Bernard, that even though our world is falling apart around us, we must always remain firm in the faith. I am just worried about my family and friends who don't really practice the faith much anymore but I must ask for patience and continue to pray for their conversion just like St. Monica continued to pray for the conversion of her son St. Augustine.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: I agree with you Bernard, that even though our world is falling apart around us, w...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

I agree with you Bernard, that even though our world is falling apart around us, we must always remain firm in the faith. I am just worried about my family and friends who don't really practice the faith much anymore but I must ask for patience and continue to pray for their conversion just like St. Monica continued to pray for the conversion of her son St. Augustine.

--hide--
Yes,you are on the right track.Maybe find a Latin Mass in your area too,and invite them.It seems to have a big impact on people.

Listing of Traditional Latin Masses in WisconsinCheck to make sure times and locations are current.Let me know what you think is you go. badgercatholic.blogspot.com

Feb 4th 2013 new

Thank you for sharing the website it is great to see where else the Latin Mass is offered.

I know when I lived in the Chippewa Falls area for two years I went to Sacred Heart in Edson which was nice but I missed the Schola and the Twin Cities Catholic Chorale from St. Agnes.

There are two churches not to far from Hudson (both in the St. Paul area) that offer the Latin Mass. I usually go to St. Agnes in St. Paul, since it is the easiest to get to. I took my youngest sister with me a few years ago but I guess she did not quite understand what was happening and I don't think she enjoyed as much. Every week (except during Advent and Lent) they will have the Twin Cities Catholic Chorale come in a sing different renditions of the mass which can be burdensome for people who are just starting to go to the Latin Mass (unless they love classical music). So I thought maybe I will invite my family to join me not this coming Sunday but the following, since it will be the first Sunday of Lent and the Schola will be singing the mass.

I started going to the Latin Mass back in 2008 and it has done wonders for me in my faith and has caused me to desire a more intimate relationship with Jesus and a greater desire to grow in the faith.

Feb 4th 2013 new

Good news.Just keep doing what you are doing.

Feb 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: There has been a crisis of Faith internally for quite some time in the Catholic Church.This is why we must be f...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

--hide--

Prayers always .
Feb 4th 2013 new

Why fear?

The course of action is very simple. Love God. Beg God for faith and the grace to live it. Persevere. Pray always.

Don't worry about dire prophecies. God will always sustain those who love him faithfully.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: I agree with you Bernard, that even though our world is falling apart around us, w...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

--hide--

The world has always been falling apart. We've been through much worse in the past 2 millenia. have faith. trust God. Love God. Don't fear.

Above all, avoid isolating yourself among paranoid pharisees. Those who believe and love will have no cause to fear. We live in an age of great opportunity. Challenging times. Apostolic times. Be grateful - not fearful.

Feb 4th 2013 new

Thank you David...

One of my biggest obstacles is perseverance but I have made great strides over the past few years biggrin

Posts 1 - 10 of 68