Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-41230 said: Thanks Thomas. I watched a couple of Dr. Kelly Bowring's videos. Like some other write...
(Quote) Mike-41230 said:

Thanks Thomas. I watched a couple of Dr. Kelly Bowring's videos. Like some other writers about Marian apparitions these days I noticed that he does not mention anything about a proper consecration of Russia to Mary's Immaculate Heart as requested by Our Lady of Fatima in 1917. There is another Catholic prophecy called the Three Days of Darkness that seems to fit in with Fatima, Garabandal and Akita. They all sound dreadful but they all speak about a period of peace granted to the world afterwards. But Fatima is different than them all because it gives an ultimatum, either the Pope in union with all the bishops do a proper consecration of Russia to Mary's Immaculate Heart or we'll see the annihilation of nations. It seems Our Lady of Fatima is concerned for more than just Catholics, she wants to save souls. In May 2010 Pope Benedict said “We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic message is complete.” I figured that the Pope would have asked his bishops to join him in the consecration of Russia by now. It's not too late. I still pray for the consecration every day. In 1931 Sister Lucy had a visit from Our Lord who basically told her that they have 100 years to do it like the King of France had. I don't know if that 100 years is from 1917 or from 1929 when Sister Lucy was asked to request the consecration. This page explains the apparition of 1931.
www.fatima.org

--hide--

Mike, again I remind you that Pope JPII along with over 2200 Bishops from all over the world did Consecrate Russia to Mary.

He afterwards asked Sister Lucia, the visionaire of Fatima, whether his Consecration of Russia was sufficient and she replied that it was and Heaven had accepted his action.

Now why do you believe Our Lady's wishes have not been met?

What evidence do you have that the Consecration has not taken place?

Do you believe that Sister Lucia lied when she said that Our Lady's wish had been met?

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-41230 said: Thanks Thomas. I watched a couple of Dr. Kelly Bowring's videos. Like some other write...
(Quote) Mike-41230 said:

Thanks Thomas. I watched a couple of Dr. Kelly Bowring's videos. Like some other writers about Marian apparitions these days I noticed that he does not mention anything about a proper consecration of Russia to Mary's Immaculate Heart as requested by Our Lady of Fatima in 1917. There is another Catholic prophecy called the Three Days of Darkness that seems to fit in with Fatima, Garabandal and Akita. They all sound dreadful but they all speak about a period of peace granted to the world afterwards. But Fatima is different than them all because it gives an ultimatum, either the Pope in union with all the bishops do a proper consecration of Russia to Mary's Immaculate Heart or we'll see the annihilation of nations. It seems Our Lady of Fatima is concerned for more than just Catholics, she wants to save souls. In May 2010 Pope Benedict said “We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic message is complete.” I figured that the Pope would have asked his bishops to join him in the consecration of Russia by now. It's not too late. I still pray for the consecration every day. In 1931 Sister Lucy had a visit from Our Lord who basically told her that they have 100 years to do it like the King of France had. I don't know if that 100 years is from 1917 or from 1929 when Sister Lucy was asked to request the consecration. This page explains the apparition of 1931.
www.fatima.org

--hide--

Oh this burns me up. The Pope did the consecration. Lucia Dos Santos (the last surviving Fatima visionary at the time) approved the consecration. If THE HOLY FATHER said this form of consecration was sufficient, then it was sufficient. Why second guess him? The temerity of some Catholics astounds me. Trust God. trust mary. Trust the Holy Father. Last I checked, none of us was put in charge of this process.

Whom, do you suppose, is whipping up the sort of sentiment you expressed - Mary or the enemy? It divides and undermines the Church. No good can come from this attitude. Have faith. Don't take sucker bait.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Mike, again I remind you that Pope JPII along with over 2200 Bishops from all over the wo...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Mike, again I remind you that Pope JPII along with over 2200 Bishops from all over the world did Consecrate Russia to Mary.

He afterwards asked Sister Lucia, the visionaire of Fatima, whether his Consecration of Russia was sufficient and she replied that it was and Heaven had accepted his action.

Do you believe that Sister Lucia lied when she said that Our Lady's wish had been met?

--hide--

Thanks Paul!

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-41230 said:

www.fatima.org

--hide--
Mike, I downloaded the book from Amazon and he talks about the Consecration to Russia from one of the locutionist. We are at a point where a lot of prayer is needed and certain things will be not as bad but will be because of the way the world is. Then there will be a time of peace. he said it should be starting pretty soon and will unravel fast as well. This book is about all the apparitions, locutions, Saints, Popes and the writings in the bible. He compares all of them and tries to show how they all point to the same thing happening,more or less. I'm enjoying the read he really knows how to connect things to show you what he feels is on the way already, buy certain things that have happened already. I don't usually read books like this but he is a Catholic theologian and teacher of the faith and does his research well. I read his olthere book the one before this one and it was really good. Hey know one has done this with all the Catholic predictions of the times we live. it's amazing how on they are.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Mike, I downloaded the book from Amazon and he talks about the Consecration to Russia from one o...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Mike, I downloaded the book from Amazon and he talks about the Consecration to Russia from one of the locutionist. We are at a point where a lot of prayer is needed and certain things will be not as bad but will be because of the way the world is. Then there will be a time of peace. he said it should be starting pretty soon and will unravel fast as well. This book is about all the apparitions, locutions, Saints, Popes and the writings in the bible. He compares all of them and tries to show how they all point to the same thing happening,more or less. I'm enjoying the read he really knows how to connect things to show you what he feels is on the way already, buy certain things that have happened already. I don't usually read books like this but he is a Catholic theologian and teacher of the faith and does his research well. I read his olthere book the one before this one and it was really good. Hey know one has done this with all the Catholic predictions of the times we live. it's amazing how on they are.

--hide--

Thomas, what book are you talking about? Would you please tell us the author and the title (I can't seem to find it in previous postings here - perhaps I'm missing out). Thanks!

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Thomas, what book are you talking about? Would you please tell us the author and the ti...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Thomas, what book are you talking about? Would you please tell us the author and the title (I can't seem to find it in previous postings here - perhaps I'm missing out). Thanks!

--hide--
This one Patricia, if you click on the download, it will bring you to amazon, where you can read the first few chapters.twoheartspress.com

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Mike, again I remind you that Pope JPII along with over 2200 Bishops from all over the wo...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

--hide--

Paul would you mind providing your source for this? As there is a lot of conflicting information about the concecration of Russia. Thanks!

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) John-324285 said: Paul would you mind providing your source for this? As there is a lot of conflicting infor...
(Quote) John-324285 said:

Paul would you mind providing your source for this? As there is a lot of conflicting information about the concecration of Russia. Thanks!

--hide--

Go to the Catholic Answers Live web site and begin your search there.

The Consecration took place in 1984 with over 2200 Bishops joining the Pope in the Consecration.

There are all kinds of idiot ideas floating around on the issue. One of the silliest is that Rome forced Sr. Lucia to say that then Consecration had been properly done and accepted by heaven.

A moments reflection should dispel that notion. A visionary, chosen by God to converse with the Blessed Virgin who enjoyed that favor her entire life is suddenly going to put her immortal soul in jeopardy by lying for the Vatican?

If SR Lucia lied, it would be a lie rising to the level of mortal sin because it would mislead the faithful and ascribe to God a falsehood.

As you read the variouis material one can find on the subject on the web, one thing should strike you, most of the material you will read insisting the Consecration did not take place comes from schismatics.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: I have mentioned several times on this site, and I will mention it again. My pastor from time to ...
(Quote) Paul-302787 said:

I have mentioned several times on this site, and I will mention it again. My pastor from time to time reminds us: We are already in the last days. Our Savior (Christ) has already come, after him there will be no other until he comes again to judge the living and the dead.

I will leave the prophesying to those who do not know how to read the Holy Book itself: "No one knows either the day or the hour."
--hide--

THANK YOU! Why should we try to figure it out? That's a waste of time, not to mention counter to the very words of our Lord in the passage yo quoted.

All we must do is remain faithful come what may. God will take care of those who love him and follow his commandments.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: Jessica,Check to make sure the Latin Mass you attend is offered by a priest who has can...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

Jessica,

Check to make sure the Latin Mass you attend is offered by a priest who has canonical standing with the Church; not all of the orders do.

--hide--

Thank you William for checking in. As far as I know the priests who offer the Latin Mass at St. Agnes are in canonical standing with the Church. The priests are actually dioceasan priests and not really affilated with any specific orders (not that I am aware of). Here is the churches website if you want to take a look http://www.stagnes.net

Posts 41 - 50 of 68