Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-514749 said: Thanks for this thread Nilda.... I don't know about anyone else but I'm ...
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said:

Thanks for this thread Nilda....

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not throwing any towels anywhere...!!! As other's have said... the dream never dies... *smile*

--hide--
I too, will hold on to my towel. I am always hopeful, but if it does not happen, I am OK with the single life too. Thanks, Debbie for the support. hug

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: Don't give up. My dad was a widower at 62 and remarried a year later. Hey, when a guy was married ...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: Don't give up. My dad was a widower at 62 and remarried a year later. Hey, when a guy was married to a good woman to begin with they can't help but hope to find such a blessing again. God bless you in your search!
--hide--
Thank you, Loretta. rose

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: I will be 70 years this summer. I don't know what 70 is supposed to feel like but I certainly...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

I will be 70 years this summer. I don't know what 70 is supposed to feel like but I certainly do want to find a soul mate/companion at this time of my life. I recently met a very nice man with whom I shared a lot in common. It's a good feeling to find a friend of the opposite sex with whom you can feel comfortable. Whether it's just friendship or headed toward marriage, there's nothing wrong with seeing what God may have in store for you in your more mature years. There is hope in knowing that people my age and older are getting married & that there is happiness in companionship. Many people are very opinionated and will "should" on you in regard to any topic. I just turn a deaf ear & go on doing what I believe is right for me. Unless it is an outright sin, don't put too much stock into what another person says is wrong.

--hide--
Thank you, Carol for sharing. I am happy you have someone and pray that it will grow to be more than friendship. theheart

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Tricia-321356 said: I totally wonder about throwing in the towell at 49. I have had lovely gentlemen reach out to me, but i...
(Quote) Tricia-321356 said: I totally wonder about throwing in the towell at 49. I have had lovely gentlemen reach out to me, but in 60's or above. With so many lovely ladies in there 60s here, I wish they would take advantage of these amazing women who are more age and life experience appropriate. My own father passed at 63, and while age is not an issue to some, I am more comfortable with men closer to myself in age unfortunately, the 47 to 53 crowd is hitting on the 30 year olds! Ah well.....my reason for throwing in the towell!
--hide--
I know how you feel, Tricia. That has been happening to me too. I've had men 10 years younger than me reaching out to me, and men 10 years older reaching out to me. I'd be willing to meet halfway of the two age groups. rose

Feb 23rd 2013 new

Age and "attractiveness" is a state of mind. I feel more attractive at 49 than I did at 29. It's something that eminates from within. You are a very attractive lady... it's time to get your "groove" on!! biggrin

Feb 23rd 2013 new

This post was in response to Nilda's original post!

(Quote) Angie-853770 said: Age and "attractiveness" is a state of mind. I feel more attractive at 49 than I did at...
(Quote) Angie-853770 said:

Age and "attractiveness" is a state of mind. I feel more attractive at 49 than I did at 29. It's something that eminates from within. You are a very attractive lady... it's time to get your "groove" on!!

--hide--

Feb 23rd 2013 new

Geez, Go for the Gusto! Ignore that balderdash!

Feb 23rd 2013 new

True. and we understand the context of your response. :)

(Quote) Angie-853770 said: Age and "attractiveness" is a state of mind. I feel more attractive at 49 than I did at...

Age and "attractiveness" is a state of mind. I feel more attractive at 49 than I did at 29. It's something that eminates from within. You are a very attractive lady... it's time to get your "groove" on!!

--hide--

Feb 25th 2013 new

--hide--
Thanks, Angie. rose

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) John-759808 said: Geez, Go for the Gusto! Ignore that balderdash!
(Quote) John-759808 said:

Geez, Go for the Gusto! Ignore that balderdash!

--hide--
Will do, John. biggrin

Posts 71 - 80 of 88