Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: I don't quite agree. I have flip flopped on this matter from time to time, but now I believe ...
(Quote) Paul-302787 said:

I don't quite agree. I have flip flopped on this matter from time to time, but now I believe it is better to be blocked than to get no answer at all.

If the other doesn't want to communicate with you, just deal with it and move on. (Of course, it doesn't really matter to me, since on Ash Wednesday, I am going on CM fasting. It has been a good two years here.)
--hide--

I think it is sad to be blocked but for some reason these ladies are using this feature..

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Couple things: 1. Here is the message users get have choosing the "block" button...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Couple things:

1. Here is the message users get have choosing the "block" button. " Blocking messages will archive the conversation and prevent further messages between you and (name). Are you sure you want to do this?" This button is under the more menu button so you have look for it, it's not like we put it out front.

2. We had a "Not Interested" button and few people used it and yet we got many complaints about it as well. (It was too harsh, not polite etc.)

3. In most cases when someone uses the block button generally they have just decided they are not interested and have moved on, removed the message and in comse cases let the other person know they are not interested. (even if friendship or casual discussion)

4. There is a problem sometimes on dating sites in which some people won't take no for an answer and it makes someone feel uncomfotable (this can be especially true for women). Therefore the block allows someone to qucikly and easily solve a problem and also puts the control in their hands.

5. Despite many discussions about how users say they prefer to know if someone is not interested vs. no response, generally whenever we have had anykind of auto response about not being interested, including the block users don't seem to like knowing.

I wish some of the decisons we made were always easy, straight forward and popular but usually it is more complex and we often are looking at things the end user doesn't see as well as unintended consequences.

--hide--
here's a question, how does the blocked person know that he/she has been blocked? is there a feedback mechanism to say one has been blocked by another member?

Feb 10th 2013 new

I have had this happen to me and it certainly strikes me as rude, particularly when you have only said hello or taken an interview. Seems like a simple message stating there does not seem to be a good fit would be kinder. You always wonder why but in time one realizes it is for the best.

Feb 10th 2013 new

P.S. The reason it seems rude is because I thought blocking meant the rules had been violated. So when someone blocked me after saying hello, that was a real shock! Makes me wonder if they even read my profile.

Feb 10th 2013 new

Just today I welcomed some on aboard and they blocked me. I think it is rude too, welcoming some one to this site should be a good thing.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Francis-666100 said: Do any of you feel that it comes off as a little rude to block a person just for saying hello? ...
(Quote) Francis-666100 said:

Do any of you feel that it comes off as a little rude to block a person just for saying hello? I have experienced this more then a few times and it seems rude to me. I completely understand blocking people for being inapropriate or creepy but blocking someone for being nice seems to be the wrong way to go about things.

I think we all men and women have to not use the fact that were behind a computer screen as an excuse to throw common manners out the window. After all we are all people whom experience simalar feelings. We all need to remember the Golden Rule from elementary school, in the long run we will all be better for it

--hide--

Maybe the women that blocked you are assuming something about your personality from looking at your picture?

Feb 10th 2013 new

We have posted this many times for most people blocking means one of three things. 1. The just are not interested in communicating. They probably have no ill will but they are just not interested and prefer to remove the message and let the other person know they don't want to move forward with anything. It is an easy way to respond as some people do not feel comfortable compposing a "thanks but no thanks response. 2. Some people especially women can be "creeped out" by met due to significant age difference. So they simply want to to avoid any further communication. Doesn't mean their is anything wrong with the guy but hey people are innocently creeped out by each other in the offline world all the time. 3. Some people will simply not take no for an answer and thus the blocking mechanism allows that person to rectify the situation.

No one should take someone "closing/blocking" their message personally and you should not feel the least bit bad unless you were engaged in harrasing behavior or you are messaging men or women outside of a reasonable age that you have no business doing. Otherwise chalk it up to that person not being the right match and move on to another person who is interested.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Ronald-937125 said: Maybe the women that blocked you are assuming something about your personality from look...
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:

Maybe the women that blocked you are assuming something about your personality from looking at your picture?

--hide--
aww, that's too funny!!! i got blocked viewing a person after he viewed me. faint ahh, i really didn't faint. just life smile

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: We have posted this many times for most people blocking means one of three things. 1. The just ar...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

We have posted this many times for most people blocking means one of three things. 1. The just are not interested in communicating. They probably have no ill will but they are just not interested and prefer to remove the message and let the other person know they don't want to move forward with anything. It is an easy way to respond as some people do not feel comfortable compposing a "thanks but no thanks response. 2. Some people especially women can be "creeped out" by met due to significant age difference. So they simply want to to avoid any further communication. Doesn't mean their is anything wrong with the guy but hey people are innocently creeped out by each other in the offline world all the time. 3. Some people will simply not take no for an answer and thus the blocking mechanism allows that person to rectify the situation.

No one should take someone "closing/blocking" their message personally and you should not feel the least bit bad unless you were engaged in harrasing behavior or you are messaging men or women outside of a reasonable age that you have no business doing. Otherwise chalk it up to that person not being the right match and move on to another person who is interested.

--hide--
I was blocked also, but I did not take it personally. I just felt it was just a quick chat, just like meeting someone standing in line at the DMV office. Your there for a reason, you make small talk, take care of your business and you move on. If some extends from that then great, if not, then it wasn't meant to be.

Feb 10th 2013 new

A number of months ago, I had a guy block me after I answered his interview questions and I must say, I was quite surprised. I am fairly new to on-line communities and I thought it was unnecessary to block me because, if he did not like my responses to his interview questions, all he had to do was cease communication and I would have gotten the message without being retaliatory. A friend of mine says: "Good manners are always in style." That is what I try to do. cloudnine

Posts 31 - 40 of 43