Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Hello, Fellow CMers! biggrin wave

I am trying to gauge the interest in a meet-up for the Northern Virginia area for sometime in May-ish, I think. I would be open to co-hosting it, (not sure I could pull it off otherwise...!) but I'm not sure what type of event to plan it around.......... scratchchin scratchchin scratchchin

Ideas???

theheart rosary

Theresa.

Feb 5th 2013 new

Hi, Theresa. I think this is a good idea. How about a Trivia Game night with everyone bringing appetizers and desserts? Food and fun are always nice ice breakers. wave I live in MD, but would be interested in something in northern VA.

Feb 5th 2013 new

I live in Maryland but would be interested in something

Feb 10th 2013 new

Interesting idea...May event could be a Catholic hike, winery day or something of that ilk. I know I'm always down for a nice hike, rosary, wine, food, what could be better?

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-293203 said: Hello, Fellow CMers! I am trying to gauge the interest in a meet-up for the Nor...
(Quote) Theresa-293203 said:

Hello, Fellow CMers!

I am trying to gauge the interest in a meet-up for the Northern Virginia area for sometime in May-ish, I think. I would be open to co-hosting it, (not sure I could pull it off otherwise...!) but I'm not sure what type of event to plan it around..........

Ideas???

Theresa.

--hide--

Yes, great idea (sorry if this reply gets posted more than once ... gremlins my end)

Feb 11th 2013 new

Cherry blossom time in DC!

Feb 11th 2013 new

Hi from Warren County!

I am interested in a Northern Virginia CM Meet-up.

There seems to be an interest in hiking, and I know the perfect place for people know matter what shape they are in. There are many hiking trails along the Skyline Drive just outside of Front Royal. There are even wineries in the next county and plenty of places to eat in and near Front Royal.

May is a great time. For me Sundays are best, since I usually work Saturdays and am off Sundays.

I can help you with some of the logistics if you'd like.

I look forward to meeting local CMers. The ones I have met from other areas are truly wonderful people, and I have no doubt the people around our area are just as wonderful.

Feb 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Theresa-293203 said: Hello, Fellow CMers! I am trying to gauge the interest in a meet-up for the...

Hello, Fellow CMers!

I am trying to gauge the interest in a meet-up for the Northern Virginia area for sometime in May-ish, I think. I would be open to co-hosting it, (not sure I could pull it off otherwise...!) but I'm not sure what type of event to plan it around..........

Ideas???

Theresa.

--hide--

Great idea Theresa, thanks for posting. I'm in! A hike and some wine, sounds like the perfect day! But I'm open to whatever everyone else wants to do.
Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-293203 said: Hello, Fellow CMers! I am trying to gauge the interest in a meet-up for the Nor...

Hello, Fellow CMers!

I am trying to gauge the interest in a meet-up for the Northern Virginia area...

--hide--

I'm hip, Theresa!

Feb 13th 2013 new

Hi Carolyn, wave

Food and fun... Sounds good to me! I like the potluck idea.... :) biggrin

Blessed Lent to you! rosary theheart

Posts 1 - 10 of 48