Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-352850 said: SUNDAY, MAY 19TH IS THE DATE, WITH SUNDAY JUNE 2ND AS THE INCLEMENT WEATHER DATE. MEETING AT SKY ME...
(Quote) Tom-352850 said:

SUNDAY, MAY 19TH IS THE DATE, WITH SUNDAY JUNE 2ND AS THE INCLEMENT WEATHER DATE. MEETING AT SKY MEADOWS STATE PARK AT THE VISTOR CENTER PARKING LOT AT 2 PM. From there, we can decide on a reasonable trail to hike, have a potluck picnic and maybe tour one of the local wineries later.

"OVER TO YOU, THERESA" ------->

--hide--

This sounds like fun . I am hoping to come from Philly.

Apr 11th 2013 new

[quote]Tom-352850 said:

SUNDAY, MAY 19TH IS THE DATE, WITH SUNDAY JUNE 2ND AS THE INCLEMENT WEATHER DATE. MEETING AT SKY MEADOWS STATE PARK AT THE VISTOR CENTER PARKING LOT AT 2 PM.

Sounds great! Looking forward to meeting some folks from CM in person.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-352850 said: SUNDAY, MAY 19TH IS THE DATE, WITH SUNDAY JUNE 2ND AS THE INCLEMENT WEATHER DATE. MEETING AT SKY ME...
(Quote) Tom-352850 said:

SUNDAY, MAY 19TH IS THE DATE, WITH SUNDAY JUNE 2ND AS THE INCLEMENT WEATHER DATE. MEETING AT SKY MEADOWS STATE PARK AT THE VISTOR CENTER PARKING LOT AT 2 PM. From there, we can decide on a reasonable trail to hike, have a potluck picnic and maybe tour one of the local wineries later.

"OVER TO YOU, THERESA" ------->

--hide--

THANKS TOM!! (I WAS SO TIRED LAST NIGHT I DIDN'T HAVE A CHANCE TO POST IT...!!) WILL POST NOW...!

Apr 11th 2013 new

ALRIGHT EVERYONE!! THE EVENT IS POSTED ON THE EVENTS PAGE... (OR SHOULD BE, IF I DID EVERYTHING RIGHT!)!!

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-293203 said: ALRIGHT EVERYONE!! THE EVENT IS POSTED ON THE EVENTS PAGE... (OR SHOULD BE, IF I DID EVERYTHING...
(Quote) Theresa-293203 said:

ALRIGHT EVERYONE!! THE EVENT IS POSTED ON THE EVENTS PAGE... (OR SHOULD BE, IF I DID EVERYTHING RIGHT!)!!

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!

--hide--

OK!!! It REALLY is posted now!! Please check out the page and rsvp! I hope to see y'all there!!

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-814197 said: Any updates on the event? :). The Spring / Summer event ads in NOVA has started to show in the muni...
(Quote) Dan-814197 said:

Any updates on the event? :). The Spring / Summer event ads in NOVA has started to show in the municipal mail sent to all households as well as ads on the Metro :). Happy Easter, All!

--hide--

Dan--

The event is now posted on the "Events" page, under CM - VIRGINIA, HIKING AND POTLUCK. :) Please spread the word to fellow CM-ers! We want to make this a fun event for everyone -- the more the merrier! :)

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Carolyn-926211 said: Hi, Theresa. I think this is a good idea. How about a Trivia Game night with everyone bringing ...
(Quote) Carolyn-926211 said:

Hi, Theresa. I think this is a good idea. How about a Trivia Game night with everyone bringing appetizers and desserts? Food and fun are always nice ice breakers. I live in MD, but would be interested in something in northern VA.

--hide--

Carolyn,

The event is listed on the "events" page if you're still interested in coming!! : )

Please spread the word to fellow CM-ers! :)

May 8th 2013 new

Alrighty folks........:)

The menu is really up to y'all! I know what I like/love to have at a potluck picnic, but I know everyone has different tastes!

Here are some choices--- please feel free to add any of yours to the list -- PLEASE EMAIL/MESSAGE me to let me know what you are interested in bringing, so that we don't end up having 2,3, or even 4 people bringing.... "Pasta Salad" :) Now... on the other hand.. several of the same desserts (say... brownies?) I am sure would be welcomed indeed!

Foodstuffs... I was hoping y'all would want to be creative and bring what you like--enough to share with a smallish (5-6) group of people. (if everyone brings something to share with a handful of folks, there should be enough to go around!

I was hoping to keep it simple and not have to grill/cook while we're there, (to save time for the hike..) but guys like that...right?! (GUYS. WEIGH IN HERE, PLEASE!) I know my Dad and brothers love it.. The only thing is.. UNLESS SOMEONE IS ABLE TO GET THERE EARLY and save a grill, there might not be one available for us to use.. I know the park has them, but, depending on how busy it is...you get the point.. I unfortunately don't have a portable one.. ANYWAYS! (FOOD FOR THOUGHT THERE...)

Here's a VERY brief list of foodstuffs:

Pasta Salad
Potato Salad
Fruit Salad OR- Watermelon?
Chips/Dip/salsa
Cold cuts -- (make your own sandwich?) + Bread
Hot Dogs/Brats/Burgers (possible) +Beans?
Dessert(S) wink
*Brownies, cookies, cake, jello/whipped cream, ETC.

*DESSERT IS AN OPTION.. .WE DON'T 'HAVE' TO HAVE IT... scratchchin scratchchin DO WE?! scratchchin eyebrow wink tongue

Obviously paper/plastic items are needed too.

If what you'd like to bring is not listed, please email me and let me know what you'd like to bring!

God Bless,

Theresa.

May 10th 2013 new

At this point I'll probably be able to come.... I'll see if I can arrange some things first before I commit cause the time is kinda awkward for me to return home....

Blessings All

May 15th 2013 new

Just seeing this now.. . embarassed ashamed So glad you'll be able to come, Michelle!!

Posts 31 - 40 of 48