Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

So I have been dying to know what men think about women in the military as far as dating and marrage goes. I have been in the US Navy for a little over three years and I have wondered many times "what do men, especially civilian (non-military) men think about women in the military?

Feb 5th 2013 new

This man's opinion is that one's gender matters not so long as one can fulfill the requirements of a job.

I was not in the military so I do not feel qualified to opine much on the subject of women in front-line combat units. I think there are valid concerns about mixed-gender groups in combat situations. Also, every soldier has to have some concern about capture and torture. For women, the very real threat of violent and repeated rape exists.

The only reservation I would personally have about being married to an active-duty member of the military deals with relocation.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-716627 said: So I have been dying to know what men think about women in the military as far as dating and ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-716627 said:

So I have been dying to know what men think about women in the military as far as dating and marrage goes. I have been in the US Navy for a little over three years and I have wondered many times "what do men, especially civilian (non-military) men think about women in the military?

--hide--

I'm all for it.

Feb 6th 2013 new

I've had women as superiors, peers, and subordinates. Many are great, some are horrible. But it's no different than the men that I've served with. Gender has little to do with personality and character. There's good and bad on both sides. I can probably tell just as many stories about the toxic male superiors that I've dealt with as I could the female.

As for fraternization, there's rules in place for that, but I'm on the fence about it. I as a Major (O-4) can only date ladies one rank higher or lower, or equivalent. But I think as long as you're both consenting adults and not in the same chain-of-command, who cares?

I fail to see how violating the fraternization rule between a consenting man and woman is prejudicial to good order and discipline, but two military personnel of the same gender (i.e., gays and lesbians) becoming romantically involved isn't.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: I'm all for it.
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

I'm all for it.

--hide--
Of course, Brian, that is a 100%, totally objective and unbiased opinion.... laughing

Feb 6th 2013 new

I don't take issue with women in the military, nor any issue with military women dating and marrying.

Feb 6th 2013 new

Congrats!

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: I'm all for it.
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

I'm all for it.

--hide--

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Of course, Brian, that is a 100%, totally objective and unbiased opinion....
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Of course, Brian, that is a 100%, totally objective and unbiased opinion....

--hide--

Yup completely unbiased cool I can also speak from the perspective that 4 of my last 6 managers at work have also been women, so I've never had a problem with it.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: I've had women as superiors, peers, and subordinates. Many are great, some are horrible. But it...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

I've had women as superiors, peers, and subordinates. Many are great, some are horrible. But it's no different than the men that I've served with. Gender has little to do with personality and character. There's good and bad on both sides. I can probably tell just as many stories about the toxic male superiors that I've dealt with as I could the female.

As for fraternization, there's rules in place for that, but I'm on the fence about it. I as a Major (O-4) can only date ladies one rank higher or lower, or equivalent. But I think as long as you're both consenting adults and not in the same chain-of-command, who cares?

I fail to see how violating the fraternization rule between a consenting man and woman is prejudicial to good order and discipline, but two military personnel of the same gender (i.e., gays and lesbians) becoming romantically involved isn't.

--hide--

Val had the same restraints on fraternization, and she's also voiced the same concerns about standing policy and the changes for the new rules. It's a tough one to crack.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Matt-61677 said: Congrats!
(Quote) Matt-61677 said:

Congrats!

--hide--

thanks Matt.

Posts 1 - 10 of 24