Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: You did good Brian, she's a doll!
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

You did good Brian, she's a doll!

--hide--

Thanks Peter.

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-716627 said: So I have been dying to know what men think about women in the military as far as dating and ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-716627 said:

So I have been dying to know what men think about women in the military as far as dating and marrage goes. I have been in the US Navy for a little over three years and I have wondered many times "what do men, especially civilian (non-military) men think about women in the military?

--hide--

I served in the Navy, first as a reservist and then as an active duty staff (PN and NCO for honors detail, with paymaster authority). I served with many capable women. I had no issue with their service. I did think it was silly, at the time, that we had a few women who were attached to submarine rates, prior to their being allowed to serve, as it helped them advance (very few reserve ratings there). We had one or two women who tried to use their sexuality to advance; one went from YNSN (when the officers wouldn't give her time of day) to GMSN, just to be around males. After getting PO1 re-assigned for alleged harassment, when she intentionally was guilty of misconduct, she started to lose credibility when she made future claims of unwanted attention, particularly after she "replied all" about intending to connect with a Chief Petty Officer whether he liked it or not. (For you non-military people, this girl was guilty of several areas of misconduct herself, and there was very little she could gain other than unit assignment and task assignment from her actions---she could NOT have gained advancement). There were probably guys that tried the same thing.

Most of the gals I worked with were not tomboys, or masculine, they were normal, average females; keep in mind, though, our command was very formal and so many of the women wore skirt uniforms as our CO required dress or at minimum service dress unless you were a medical or custodial assignee.

I would date a woman in the military now. I dated a YNSN when I was in, but we decided to not date as it was affecting a third party we worked with who also wanted to date her, and couldn't, as he was her non-com.

For non-military: NC, or Non-com, is non-commissioned. A PO is a Petty Officer, a non-com. An NCOIC is the non-commissioned officer in charge, and is the head of a content area or department, regardless of their years of seniority or actual rank. A Chief Petty Officer is in a higher rank as NCO, and is not allowed to socialize, other than at work-based socials and recreation, with anyone below a CPO rate, with a few exceptions (I served as personal assistant to the command CPO and was invited to meals, etc. as we were working late, often, as were other non-commissioned). A PN is a Personnelman (human resources), and YN is a Yeoman (secretarial and administrative work). GM is a gunner's mate.

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: I'm all for it.
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

I'm all for it.

--hide--

Congrats to both of you! Be blessed theheart

Feb 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Linda-756196 said: My daughter is in the AF as are my sons. At 27, the issue she ahs is twofold. First, she is an officer which ...
(Quote) Linda-756196 said:

My daughter is in the AF as are my sons. At 27, the issue she ahs is twofold. First, she is an officer which means that she is limited in teh workforce and she is stationed at a small base overseas. Second, when she was in an AFIT sponsored master's degree, men did not relish the idea of following her around. She feels that only another military person would get it.

--hide--
Linda, I can completely relate to your daughter's experiences. I feel the small handful of male responses here are not quite indicative of the willingness of men to agree to PCS every few years and have to move to follow their wives' careers with the military (even if she has a professional degree). Furthermore, the small secluded bases and pool of single officer candidates makes it difficult to meet eligible men. It does quickly weed out the boys from the men that actually care and are willing to make sacrfices for love though. Just sad there are fewer and fewer of those in this day and age.
Posts 21 - 24 of 24