Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

laughing

youtu.be

There is so much information on these differences, it is so true and really, something we can laugh about. This one is a riot!
Feb 7th 2013 new

Go Randy Go.

Brought back memories, of when I did nothing wrong, and my GF said we didn't communicate. Poor Randy, poor Bob, poor all men.

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: youtu.be There is so much information on these differences, it is so tr...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

youtu.be

There is so much information on these differences, it is so true and really, something we can laugh about. This one is a riot!
--hide--

Hi Meg, good stuff, and she has an interesting vid on leadership also.

Feb 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Meg, good stuff, and she has an interesting vid on leadership also.
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

--hide--

Thanks; I will check it out. In viewing multiple videos on this subject I keep hearing the same things...it is the little things that add up. The man can do the tiniest things for her and she will moved by his kindness and thoughtfulness and men want to see that women appreciate them for the things they do and who they are. They want us to show how happy we are with them. It is easy to become complacent in day to day living; both parties think "Well, of course he/she knows I love him/her." Go back to the dating behavior and SHOW it. I know, in my marriage, there were many times I became busy and careless about this and made this assumption.
Feb 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Meg, good stuff, and she has an interesting vid on leadership also.

--hide--

youtu.be Bernie, I love this one...."Men Are Better At Getting Their Needs Met" also by Connie. Hilarious but very true.
Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Thanks; I will check it out. In viewing multiple videos on this subject I keep hearing the same th...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

Thanks; I will check it out. In viewing multiple videos on this subject I keep hearing the same things...it is the little things that add up. The man can do the tiniest things for her and she will moved by his kindness and thoughtfulness and men want to see that women appreciate them for the things they do and who they are. They want us to show how happy we are with them. It is easy to become complacent in day to day living; both parties think "Well, of course he/she knows I love him/her." Go back to the dating behavior and SHOW it. I know, in my marriage, there were many times I became busy and careless about this and made this assumption.
--hide--

Hi Meg, I will have to admit that the assumption is a factor. In the old " five good things..." rule, the daily display is a big part of keeping eyes on the prize, and the ball moving downfield. Without daily, intentional expressions of confirmation ( and gratitude), communication skills get rusty, and things can jam up badly when a stressor hits. If we're not moving forward, toward God, it is so easy to slip into idle, and then entropy can jump in quickly. You are spot on regarding the "little things". Those small gestures could often start to restore my emo balance after a thoroughly trashy day at work.

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: youtu.be Bernie, I love this one...."Men Are Better At Getting Their Needs...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

youtu.be Bernie, I love this one...."Men Are Better At Getting Their Needs Met" also by Connie. Hilarious but very true.
--hide--
Hi Meg, that is a sharp gem lol !

Feb 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Meg, I will have to admit that the assumption is a factor. In the old " five goo...

Hi Meg, I will have to admit that the assumption is a factor. In the old " five good things..." rule, the daily display is a big part of keeping eyes on the prize, and the ball moving downfield. Without daily, intentional expressions of confirmation ( and gratitude), communication skills get rusty, and things can jam up badly when a stressor hits. If we're not moving forward, toward God, it is so easy to slip into idle, and then entropy can jump in quickly. You are spot on regarding the "little things". Those small gestures could often start to restore my emo balance after a thoroughly trashy day at work.

--hide--

Bernie, what do you mean the 'five good things'?
Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Bernie, what do you mean the 'five good things'?
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

Bernie, what do you mean the 'five good things'?
--hide--
Hi Meg, the old rule to say five good things before one item of reproach or criticism, sort of reenforcing the foundation before tackling the irritant.

Feb 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Meg, the old rule to say five good things before one item of reproach or criticism, sort of reenforcing the...

Hi Meg, the old rule to say five good things before one item of reproach or criticism, sort of reenforcing the foundation before tackling the irritant.

--hide--

Oh, okay, thank you...
Posts 1 - 10 of 10