Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Okay, Pick Me Apart

02/07/2013 new

I was on and then I was gone. I am back and I am choosing pink polka dots and happiness. I would love advice on dating. I was married my whole adult life and I am single because my husband's new address is heaven. I am 51 and I am sorely out of touch. The online aspect is foreign to me, but I developed so many friends when I was here on this site for support during my hardest hours. Have at it. I am listening. Cheers.

02/07/2013 new

Hi Linda. I can relate to being sorely out of touch. I've just come out of a 27 year common law relationship and I'm rusty with the dating scene too. My limited experience with other dating sites is that they are a breeding ground for one night stands. So I chose this site and I can sense and see the higher values and morals and I am comforted by that. However, although I see the site as a good place to make a lot of cyber friends, I find it difficult to try and form an online relationship. Particularly because I'm just a simple man and there are so many world-travelled and sophisticated woman here. I don't know where to start. I don't know what to say.

02/07/2013 new
(Quote) Linda-756196 said: I was on and then I was gone. I am back and I am choosing pink polka dots and happiness. I would love advice ...
(Quote) Linda-756196 said:

I was on and then I was gone. I am back and I am choosing pink polka dots and happiness. I would love advice on dating. I was married my whole adult life and I am single because my husband's new address is heaven. I am 51 and I am sorely out of touch. The online aspect is foreign to me, but I developed so many friends when I was here on this site for support during my hardest hours. Have at it. I am listening. Cheers.

--hide--

Why would anyone pick you apart, Linda? You sacrificed as much here on earth as your brave husband, and have every right to be here. Welcome home, and thank you for raising your children to serve their country also.

Thank you.
02/07/2013 new

Wow. Thank you for the kind words. I often feel like I should apologize for my life. I have so many blessings in my life, but to whom much is given, much is asked. I just want to be the girl I am being called to be. wink

02/07/2013 new
God bless you, Linda. This is a wonderful site with wonderful friends. May you receive as many blessings from it as I have. We are all here to 'talk' anytime you like.
02/07/2013 new

Hi Linda, my sister used to work at your new AFB. Welcome back to the U.S.

I guess I would first say only do this if you want to. It sounds like you had a wonderful marriage. Are you sure you want to find someone else? Are you doing this because you want to, or because you are young and it's somehow expected of you to "get out there" and get married again?

My own mother was widowed at 35 and never remarried. It's your call so be sure that you are desirous of this life of "looking" again.

Beyond that, all I can say is take it easy, take it at a pace that works for you. It's not easy to be our age to try and attract a man, particularly as you say, when you have not been in the game of doing that for a while.

If you want any specific suggestion, I would just say maybe crop/make close up your profile picture, so people can see your smiling face right away.

All the best!

02/07/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Hi Linda, my sister used to work at your new AFB. Welcome back to the U.S. I guess I would fir...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Hi Linda, my sister used to work at your new AFB. Welcome back to the U.S.

I guess I would first say only do this if you want to. It sounds like you had a wonderful marriage. Are you sure you want to find someone else? Are you doing this because you want to, or because you are young and it's somehow expected of you to "get out there" and get married again?

My own mother was widowed at 35 and never remarried. It's your call so be sure that you are desirous of this life of "looking" again.

Beyond that, all I can say is take it easy, take it at a pace that works for you. It's not easy to be our age to try and attract a man, particularly as you say, when you have not been in the game of doing that for a while.

If you want any specific suggestion, I would just say maybe crop/make close up your profile picture, so people can see your smiling face right away.

All the best!

--hide--

As surely as my name is Linda, I know that God is leading me to date and to be open to a chapter two. I have known it since the start. The story is so amazing that when I tell people, they stand amazed at God's way of working. It is scary, but I know that this is what Phil would ahve wanted and that like Job, I had only before heard of the blessings of the Lord, but now I know the blessings of the Lord. How I know this!

02/07/2013 new

Bryan-7889 said:

Why would anyone pick you apart, Linda? You sacrificed as much here on earth as your brave husband, and have every right to be here. Welcome home, and thank you for raising your children to serve their country also.

Thank you.

clap clap highfive

02/07/2013 new

Welcome back, Linda, great to see you again wave

02/07/2013 new

I missed you guys! smile

Posts 1 - 10 of 31