Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 7th 2013 new

Hi Linda!

Let me first start out by saying how sorry I am for the loss of your husband. Life is too short.. it really is. When I read that, I got tears because it's hard to live without someone that you've loved.

A saying that I always liked, but never really 100% could grasp (of course, because we are humans and LIFE is all we know) that we should not feel sad when our loved ones leave the physical world because they are with God, and if we cry and feel bad for ourselves that they are no longer with us, we are being selfish because they were never meant to stay in the physical world in the first place.

It's true.... we are not promised forever. No one is. I was just thinking about that when I was in the kitchen.

I know your husband is up in Heaven and I love how you put that! Our loved ones really do become our angels in the sky.

For advice, I would just say be yourself and don't get too attached. I've never done online dating so I can't tell you - but it does freak me out too. You are not alone. It is hard to meet the right person, no matter if you're 22 or 72.

I think of it as more or less, a way to see new people. Instead of meeting this person at Lowe's or the grocery store, we can see them here and the best part is most share the same values we so desire in a partner!

All I know is you have plenty of llving left and remember that you already ARE God's wish for you. He took you down this path and you are right where you are supposed to be!

God wants you to be happy, and if you keep praying to meet someone - Maybe you will meet them on here and maybe you will not - but God will not let you down.

Love,

Kelly

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-756196 said: I was on and then I was gone. I am back and I am choosing pink polka dots and happiness. I would ...
(Quote) Linda-756196 said:

I was on and then I was gone. I am back and I am choosing pink polka dots and happiness. I would love advice on dating. I was married my whole adult life and I am single because my husband's new address is heaven. I am 51 and I am sorely out of touch. The online aspect is foreign to me, but I developed so many friends when I was here on this site for support during my hardest hours. Have at it. I am listening. Cheers.

--hide--
Hi Linda, great new photo ! Looking forward to seeing posts from you again ! ( St. Ig's fandango is 19th this year, I need to start serious "training" lol ! ) Welcome back.

Feb 8th 2013 new

So sorry for your loss. I have been there myself, and I understand. There is nothing to pick apart you sound like a very well-rounded woman, and any man would be lucky to have you.

It is hard to enter the dating scene again after you have been out of it for so long. (I have joked many times that I need to write a book on dating after age 60.) It is a tad bit different than when we did it the first time around. For the most part I think the caliber of men here are better than the ones on the other dating sites. Good luck and I hope you have a bright future.

Feb 8th 2013 new

wave Linda!! Welcome back!! Glad to see that you've relocated Stateside, and that you're now sporting those pink polka-dots~ wink

No reason to pick anything apart...we each bring something unique to CM, and most often, others benefit from the posts we create and share. You are certainly worthy of seeking another loving mate, no matter how long/short, good/bad, etc. your marriage to Phil was. Don't worry about WHY you are on CM or out in your community casting your "net" for a new male friend...God will lead you where He knows you need to be...

It took me over 10 years to ACT on what I knew I wanted again in my life....I knew years before, but had other things that needed my complete attention. The past four years have been "mellowing" years--kind of like a fine wine aging, until ready at last to be opened and enjoyed! And of course, every wine is sooo different: some grapes don't need as long to "mellow", some grapes need more time in the barrell to take on the subtle nuances of the wood, and some grapes are just robust enough to toss down without mellowing....

Last of all, never forget that "friends are good"--you can never have too many! biggrin I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts, and hearing about your journey, and the "tips" that you may have for the rest of us! hug

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Wayne-881967 said: Hi Linda. I can relate to being sorely out of touch. I've just come out of a 27 year common l...
(Quote) Wayne-881967 said:

Hi Linda. I can relate to being sorely out of touch. I've just come out of a 27 year common law relationship and I'm rusty with the dating scene too. My limited experience with other dating sites is that they are a breeding ground for one night stands. So I chose this site and I can sense and see the higher values and morals and I am comforted by that. However, although I see the site as a good place to make a lot of cyber friends, I find it difficult to try and form an online relationship. Particularly because I'm just a simple man and there are so many world-travelled and sophisticated woman here. I don't know where to start. I don't know what to say.

--hide--
Greetings, Wayne and welcome to the CM forums. If you feel lost, you're in good company. Many here share the same problem -- how to get going again. It's something comparable to working for a company for 25 years, then finding yourself looking for another job. Help!!!

Not to worry. You're in an enviable position in a way. The simple life is what some people crave and are looking for. No need to have a PhD, be a rocket scientist -- just be a decent guy, a homebody type. Keep reading profiles and you'll come across such people. They're not trapped by materialism, fancy cars, mansions and other material goods. Just be fair, honest, and treat them with the respect they deserve.

It may seem slow at the start, but you'll become more comfortable as you communicate with some of the people here. There are many first-class women on this site. Just realize you're as good as anyone else on this site. Your self-esteem is important in establishing relationships. Your past is exactly that -- you've left that "self" behind for a greater good. Keep at it.

Feb 8th 2013 new

wave Hi, Linda, and welcome back! It's nice to see your smiling face here again. Looking forward to once again reading interesting, uplifting posts from you. rose

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-756196 said: I was on and then I was gone. I am back and I am choosing pink polka dots and happiness. I would ...

I was on and then I was gone. I am back and I am choosing pink polka dots and happiness. I would love advice on dating. I was married my whole adult life and I am single because my husband's new address is heaven. I am 51 and I am sorely out of touch. The online aspect is foreign to me, but I developed so many friends when I was here on this site for support during my hardest hours. Have at it. I am listening. Cheers.

--hide--

I understand how you might get picked apart; I have been single my whole adult life and have never had a "live in girl friend", so some think that there is something wrong with me. Even at work, some expect me to be dating women over 50 regardless if I have anything in common with them or not. Everyone judges from their own experiences and aren't smart enough to understand all the dynamics of our past and the environments that we lived in as God does. My advice is attend adoration and pray more as I am starting to do.

Feb 8th 2013 new

Hi Linda, I am sorry for your loss. I was married 24 years before my husband passed away 4 yrs. ago. I long for companionship, yet find on-line difficult and awkward. I have had minimal success, but have met some nice friends on-line. Please know there are many who share this challenge. I feel we are all here to pray for and support each other.

Feb 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Linda-756196 said: I missed you guys!

I missed you guys!

--hide--

We missed having you around! hug
Feb 8th 2013 new

Thanks Ray.

Posts 11 - 20 of 31