Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 10th 2013 new

Bernie,

Yes, the obvious flaw in my 3-judge idea is that it presupposes that the president will follow the law. If any president decides that they do not want to be bound by the law, there is little that anyone can do about it, if the president manages to keep it a secret until he is out of office.

Ed

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: Bernie, Yes, the obvious flaw in my 3-judge idea is that it presupposes that the president wil...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Bernie,

Yes, the obvious flaw in my 3-judge idea is that it presupposes that the president will follow the law. If any president decides that they do not want to be bound by the law, there is little that anyone can do about it, if the president manages to keep it a secret until he is out of office.

Ed

--hide--
Hi Ed, good points. Here is an article on the basic Constitutional issues flowing like squid ink from this President's actions, a penumbra / cloud of threat to our rights : pjmedia.com , and a soupcon of C S Lewis !

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Just a small correction. Over half this country does not believe this guy. Only Ov...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Just a small correction.

Over half this country does not believe this guy. Only Over half of those who voted do. And, unless I am mistaken, the number who actually voted is around 60% of people eligible to vote. That means only, roughly 32.5% of the eligible voters believe in him. With over 5 million more voters eligible to vote only a little over 118 million voters cast ballots compared to 131 million 4 years ago. The turnout was lower than 2004.

Unfortunately 54% of Catholics who voted, voted for this bum.

It has been a long time since any President can claim that the majority of Americans voted for him.

--hide--
I think, even more pertinent, is the majority of America, those who voted and didn't vote, are clueless about anything really going on. They don't involve themselves in politics outside of watching two minutes of mainstream news.

Feb 12th 2013 new

A "first step" column from Glenn Greenwald : www.guardian.co.uk .

Definitely worth the extra reading time.

Feb 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I don't understand why it is so bad to target a person who clearly has turned against our countr...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I don't understand why it is so bad to target a person who clearly has turned against our country, whether he
be a citizen or not.

I would say that anyone who joins Al Quida, has defected, and becomes an enemy of America. Why should
they have any more rights which are granted under our constitution?

--hide--

Why give alleged murderers a trial?
Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: Why give alleged murderers a trial?
(Quote) Charles-512043 said:

--hide--

So you believe that anyone accused of murder should be killed?

Do you even think about the meaning of what you are saying?

Feb 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: So you believe that anyone accused of murder should be killed? Do you even think ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

So you believe that anyone accused of murder should be killed?

Do you even think about the meaning of what you are saying?

--hide--

No, of course I don't think that. I was responding to the notion that it's perfectly fine to allow the president to unilaterally kill anyone whom he claims to be an enemy of the U.S. It was intended to be a sort of reductio ad absurdum question.
Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: No, of course I don't think that. I was responding to the notion that it's perfectly f...

No, of course I don't think that. I was responding to the notion that it's perfectly fine to allow the president to unilaterally kill anyone whom he claims to be an enemy of the U.S. It was intended to be a sort of reductio ad absurdum question.
--hide--

Posted, as it was, provided no context that would allow anyone to devine your intent.

Conveying an intent in writing is not as easy as doing so in person where your body language would provide clues.

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: No, of course I don't think that. I was responding to the notion that it's perfectly f...

--hide--
It's just Charles being Charles again??? laughing

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: Why give alleged murderers a trial?

--hide--

Someone dangerous and targeting US Citizens from a foreign land should be stopped, whether they are a citizen or not.
That is just a technicality.

Posts 11 - 20 of 49