Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) John-34848 said: someone to challenge me someone to laugh with mesomeone to dream with mesomeone...
(Quote) John-34848 said:

someone to challenge me
someone to laugh with me
someone to dream with me
someone to hope with me
someone to share with me
someone to pray with me
someone to smile with me
someone to cry with me
someone to explore with me
someone to hold hands with me

--hide--
Very well expressed, John smile

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: This sums it up! www.youtube.com
(Quote) Clair-6292 said: This sums it up! www.youtube.com
--hide--

The Muppet Show still makes me laugh out loud!

Feb 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: The Muppet Show still makes me laugh out loud!
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

The Muppet Show still makes me laugh out loud!

--hide--

That was you snorting! shocked
Feb 11th 2013 new

The Muppet Show still makes me laugh out loud! laughing

Great way to start the day. That made me laugh out loud too.

Feb 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: Linda, was I asking too much? It doesn't need much to fulfill the first part of my statement, I think
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

Linda, was I asking too much? It doesn't need much to fulfill the first part of my statement, I think

--hide--

But no drama?? laughing I'm jost joking with you.
Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: Hi Lynn! I read your post right before leaving to get my hair done. So, I asked my h...
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

Hi Lynn! I read your post right before leaving to get my hair done. So, I asked my hairdresser what she thought you meant by dressing like Jackie O, the private person. I had to give that alot of thought! Is it a 50s-style look - round sunglasses, clam diggers, shirt dresses, boy leg bathing suits? Just curious! Chelle

--hide--

Jackie O., while known for her fashion, was actually created in that role by Joe Kennedy. . .when JFK was Senator, she'd show up for parties in flat sandals without stockings, wore clamdiggers to a Democratic women's lunch at a beach club (when they all dressed), etc. I don't believe she was high maintenance at all. She wore the same clothing repeatedly in her public, fashionista persona (i.e. the pink suit was three years old and worn numerous times in the media before Dallas), could do her own hair (it was purposely cut so she could imitate the salon with little assistance when traveling), etc. Jackie was very casual when not in the public eye, but believed in regular fitness, splitting up a day for rest/naps, starting each session of her day with light exercise, and having balanced nutrition. She used tried-and-true methods in her approach to personal style, and knew how to cover up her flaws. She's considered high maintenance for being known for things such as having the bed linens changed daily before her nap (this started when she found other women's personal clothing in her pillow slip---so it was done to make sure no one had been in her bed that day!), and for meticulous use of etiquette. But she eschewed many public appearances, and after leaving the post of First Lady, preferred casual clothing and comfortable styles instead of formal attire. . .

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I think that it is okay for a guy t o require that if he holds himself to the same stand...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

I think that it is okay for a guy t o require that if he holds himself to the same standards. My kids and I live an active lifestyle so it would be a requirement for me to have a guy who can keep up with that lifestyle. I love to take care of myself but I think that if my husband required that of me without compromise that he should do the same. It goes both ways. We women also like a man who takes care of himself and tries his best to be healthy.

--hide--

I do. . . and I was more casual for a long time, in keeping with business standards here in the Midwest, but I had to break myself of the habit (when I was mobilized, we were allowed to wear business dress civilian clothing with a displayed ID IF we needed to maintain/clean/ uniforms, so I adopted that as my work standard. Then I left state government and jeans were all the rage. . . recently, I re-discovered the need for men to be professionally dressed, and still be real (instead of these vapid metrosexuals, etc.). I hold myself to the same standards. And quite honestly, for those who questioned wants vs. needs. . . I'm not happy with a woman who doesn't dress right for the occasion and the time, and isn't confident in herself and poised; I find myself disappointed, sad, and tending to be critical. . . so, a certain persona IS a need.

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: Jackie O., while known for her fashion, was actually created in that role by Joe Kenne...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

Jackie O., while known for her fashion, was actually created in that role by Joe Kennedy. . .when JFK was Senator, she'd show up for parties in flat sandals without stockings, wore clamdiggers to a Democratic women's lunch at a beach club (when they all dressed), etc. I don't believe she was high maintenance at all. She wore the same clothing repeatedly in her public, fashionista persona (i.e. the pink suit was three years old and worn numerous times in the media before Dallas), could do her own hair (it was purposely cut so she could imitate the salon with little assistance when traveling), etc. Jackie was very casual when not in the public eye, but believed in regular fitness, splitting up a day for rest/naps, starting each session of her day with light exercise, and having balanced nutrition. She used tried-and-true methods in her approach to personal style, and knew how to cover up her flaws. She's considered high maintenance for being known for things such as having the bed linens changed daily before her nap (this started when she found other women's personal clothing in her pillow slip---so it was done to make sure no one had been in her bed that day!), and for meticulous use of etiquette. But she eschewed many public appearances, and after leaving the post of First Lady, preferred casual clothing and comfortable styles instead of formal attire. . .

--hide--

Thanks, Lynn! I appreciate the explanation - very interesting. I've been wanting to read more about JFK; I guess I'll have to include Jackie O in that, too. I hope you find your own Jackie O! wink Chelle

Feb 11th 2013 new

LOL. Thanks so much, Shara. Are you the founder of my Fan Club? laughing

As I say on my profile page ... "The wilder the colt, the better the horse!"

cowboy

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Bryan-7889 said: I gave up expecting to find a wife here on CM a long time ago. I just like hanging out in the foru...
(Quote) Bryan-7889 said:

I gave up expecting to find a wife here on CM a long time ago. I just like hanging out in the forums, Shara. In all seriousness.
--hide--

Agreed. Glad I am not the only guy on here with that opinion.

Jim

Posts 51 - 60 of 86