Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Love Letters?

Feb 8th 2013 new
I've had my heart stomped on in the past. Repeatedly.

That being said, I did something [I hope is] brave the other day. I wrote a letter to my future husband. 99% of me is sure that my ex-boyfriends were all right in saying that I would never find anyone; but there's this 1% glimmer of hope in me that thinks God wouldn't have led me to this point without having someone in mind who can help me fight my way to Christ. I won't post it here, for obvious reasons, but it basically says that I'm not giving up on him - I know that when we're ready, God will lead us to find each other.

Am I ridiculously sappy? Is this creepy? rolling eyes
Feb 8th 2013 new

[quote]Kelsey-802691 said: I've had my heart stomped on in the past. Repeatedly.

That being said, I did something [I hope is] brave the other day. I wrote a letter to my future husband. 99% of me is sure that my ex-boyfriends were all right in saying that I would never find anyone; but there's this 1% glimmer of hope in me that thinks God wouldn't have led me to this point without having someone in mind who can help me fight my way to Christ. I won't post it here, for obvious reasons, but it basically says that I'm not giving up on him - I know that when we're ready, God will lead us to find each other.

Am I ridiculously sappy? NOPE Is this creepy? and NOPE

You followed your heart, keep following it! wink

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Kelsey-802691 said: I've had my heart stomped on in the past. Repeatedly. That being said, I did something
(Quote) Kelsey-802691 said: I've had my heart stomped on in the past. Repeatedly.

Am I ridiculously sappy? Is this creepy?
--hide--
I dont think it is sappy. Pray for him too. Go ahead, God knows who he is and where and he needs your prayers now as much as later. Pray for his health, his job, his family, his spiritual life, his friends, that God sends him the graces he needs to have to attain heaven. Ask God to do the same for you. God bless your search

Feb 8th 2013 new

Kelsey, it is neither creepy or sappy, it is wonderful and lovely, and I have a feeling someday some lucky guy will be given that letter to read, once you find him!

Keep up the good fight, and prove all the neighsayers wrong!!

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Kelsey, it is neither creepy or sappy, it is wonderful and lovely, and I have a feeling someday some ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Kelsey, it is neither creepy or sappy, it is wonderful and lovely, and I have a feeling someday some lucky guy will be given that letter to read, once you find him!

Keep up the good fight, and prove all the neighsayers wrong!!

--hide--

Hi Kelsey and Pat! I think it's lovely, as well. And how wonderful when you finally do meet each other that your dream (and his) will have come true!! lovestruck! Chelle

Feb 8th 2013 new

Not creepy and Not sappy at all! I did that and I think we all do that to a degree in our heads. We all have an ideal mate in our heads..some of us are more aware of it than others that's all. We all did a profile here and some are honest about theirs and some are... well... you know. Being on CM we expect a certain type of person. That's what CM is all about. I think these days some people have lowered their expectations too much. We need to get back to respect and shame. There is no shame left. It may or may not take a llittle longer to find your man or woman. But i don't think we should lower our expectations at all. And not to say we should not be tolerant or giving but in the matter of morals and respect we should stand up for our beliefs. Stick to your ideals and morals. God will help you weed out the not so good matches. Jane wave hug Praying

Feb 8th 2013 new

That's a good thing. I know several guys who pray for their future spouse without knowing who they are.

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Kelsey-802691 said: I've had my heart stomped on in the past. Repeatedly. That being said, I did something
(Quote) Kelsey-802691 said: I've had my heart stomped on in the past. Repeatedly.

Am I ridiculously sappy? Is this creepy?
--hide--

You sound hope filled and that's a good thing and good place to be. Don't believe the hype of the ex-boyfriends. Keep the faith and hope alive. God bless you in your search.

Feb 8th 2013 new

Wouldn't that be a wonderful gift to give your husband on your wedding day!

Bring it to adoration with you, share it with Jesus face to face~He wants to be a part of every single aspect of our lives.

(for us parents, we should pray for our children's future spouses as well)

Feb 10th 2013 new

Nothing sappy about it. Nothing creepy about it.

And I can't imagine why any man would tell a woman that she'll never find someone ... and I don't know why you're 99% sure that they were right.

Posts 1 - 10 of 16