Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 10th 2013 new

I think that's a charming idea! rose

Feb 11th 2013 new

Not creepy, but sad that inwardly, believe what men have said to you to hurt you than that you are deserving of finding true love with someone worthy for your are worthy. wide eyed

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-267933 said: I can't imagine why any man would tell a woman that she'll never find someone ... and I don...
(Quote) Tom-267933 said:

I can't imagine why any man would tell a woman that she'll never find someone ... and I don't know why you're 99% sure that they were right.

--hide--

I must agree with Tom here.

Not to disparage your exes, Kelsey, but real Catholic men would never dream of speaking to a woman like that.

Please do not even give a thought to what they said to you about not finding anyone. The Lord will lead you to your husband when it is time.

God bless!

Feb 11th 2013 new

I'm with Steve and Tom. Why would you let yourself think that men who say things like that know what they're talking about? Are they all psychologists or something? laughing

My experience is, when people make cruel, blanket statements like that, they are speaking out of anger and jealousy. The only response is, "What do you know?" and move on.

hug

Feb 12th 2013 new

I think that's lovely of you!

Remember that God operates outside of time. He knows who he's got intended for you, even if you don't. Somewhere out there is your future husband. Just stay true to him and fight for that glimmer of hope. Listening to "men" like that won't get you anywhere.

God loves you, and therefore, you're worthy of love.

Keep writing to the-one-you-haven't-met-yet. Pray for him too. He's probably feeling a lot like you are right now.

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Kelsey-802691 said: I've had my heart stomped on in the past. Repeatedly. That being said, I did something
(Quote) Kelsey-802691 said: I've had my heart stomped on in the past. Repeatedly.

That being said, I did something [I hope is] brave the other day. I wrote a letter to my future husband. 99% of me is sure that my ex-boyfriends were all right in saying that I would never find anyone; but there's this 1% glimmer of hope in me that thinks God wouldn't have led me to this point without having someone in mind who can help me fight my way to Christ. I won't post it here, for obvious reasons, but it basically says that I'm not giving up on him - I know that when we're ready, God will lead us to find each other.

Am I ridiculously sappy? Is this creepy?

--hide--
Hello, Kelsey. I think it's a pretty good idea to write a letter to your future husband as it can be quite therapeutic. Putting it in writing can often give us perspective on what we're looking for and what we certainly don't want (loser boyfriends who said you would never find someone). theheart rose Keep up the faith.

Posts 11 - 16 of 16