Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: This is the response Marco Rubio tweeted when he found out that the Feb. 18 cover of Time magaz...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

This is the response Marco Rubio tweeted when he found out that the Feb. 18 cover of Time magazine featured him with the title "The Republican Saviour": There is only one Saviour, and it is not me. #Jesus

Looks like we might have a good Catholic man running for President of this country in 2016! (Thanks be to God!)

He is Catholic, conservative, a family man, of Hispanic/Cuban heritage, and a Senator from Florida - what more could we want!

May God and the Holy Spirit guide him during these 4 years until the election in 2016.

--hide--

Patricia: I think you should also consider Chris Christie. He has done a lot to help New Jersey. The liberals from
NJ that I know hate him. That is a good sign.

I don't want to hear about his weight because I think that being fat or being overweight is one of the only frontiers
that is still open for belittling. Yea sure, he can get a stoke or heart attack. Well, Letterman, a skinny nothing, had
quadruple surgery and he was making fun of Chrisie when he was on the Letterman show. Double standard makes
me sick.

Christie puts all he has into running a good Government. I hope he considers running next election.

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: A woman that could help him win the presidency! Since I'm not a political strategis...

A woman that could help him win the presidency! Since I'm not a political strategist, I really don't know. But, I do think it would be helpful if she had some experience perhaps as a governor (Nicki Haley or is she too young/inexperienced?). Since, Rubio is Hispanic, I think his running mate could be of any race. Perhaps someone with more experience than him (ie. sort of how Obama picked Biden, but I would suggest the opposite of Biden!) Any suggestions, Bernie? There are obviously many men he could pick as a running mate, it would just be nice to have a woman VP finally!

--hide--

You said, "I would suggest the opposite of Biden!" By that I presume you mean intelligent?

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: A woman that could help him win the presidency! Since I'm not a political strategis...

A woman that could help him win the presidency! Since I'm not a political strategist, I really don't know. But, I do think it would be helpful if she had some experience perhaps as a governor (Nicki Haley or is she too young/inexperienced?). Since, Rubio is Hispanic, I think his running mate could be of any race. Perhaps someone with more experience than him (ie. sort of how Obama picked Biden, but I would suggest the opposite of Biden!) Any suggestions, Bernie? There are obviously many men he could pick as a running mate, it would just be nice to have a woman VP finally!

--hide--
Hi Patricia, the intruiging fact nugget from 2012 is that Romney-Ryan got less votes than McCain-Palin in 2008. Hmmm....

There are some Republican women in the House with excellent records. Much will depend on how strong the Presidential nominee appears just before convention time. Also Martinez, Haley, Fallin, and Ayotte would be possibilities

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I'm really hoping you guys knock that unsavoury fellow out of your white house. American poli...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I'm really hoping you guys knock that unsavoury fellow out of your white house. American politics doesn't just effect America. And quite frankly, I'm sick of listening to other New Zealanders harp on about how great Obama is, without knowing the first thing about his attacks on religious freedoms, the insitutition of marriage and his absolutely morally repugnant attacks on the sancitiy of life.

Honestly, I've heard people praise him solely on his skin colour! And what was up with him winning the nobel peace prize? I want it. I've done more than him towards world peace, where's my million bucks?

--hide--
He had no accomplishments whatsoever except attacking life and was still elected and given the nobel peace prize, so yes, that is the saddest thing of all....he is president because he is black. Yet, if you opposed his death culture presidency, you got attacked as racist or called horrible, horrible things no matter what race you are...black, hispanic, white. Actually, they were the most horrible to the few black people that opposed him. Yes, he is in there for one reason only and that is what makes it even sadder. Another reason, is that our population is becoming more reliant on hand outs and more liberal and that is sad too. The schools are a mess now too without God and morals, etc.

Feb 9th 2013 new

--hide--

Isn't it interesting! When Obummer was first elected in "08, the wacko left chortled that at last we have adults back running the country.

But being adult presumes some knowledge of what they are doing otherwise, although you may chronologically be considered an adult, you are, in fact, mired in childish or adolescent ignorance.

So what we really have, is not adults running anythiing, but unformed minds which appear to haver stumled through life without learning anything of value or use to anyone.

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: the wacko left chortled that at last we have adults back running the country.
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

the wacko left chortled that at last we have adults back running the country.

--hide--

One of the most insane statements ever made in the history of mankind.

We have a gang of arrogant junior-high-school mentality "elitists" running the country.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: This is the response Marco Rubio tweeted when he found out that the Feb. 18 cover of Time magaz...

This is the response Marco Rubio tweeted when he found out that the Feb. 18 cover of Time magazine featured him with the title "The Republican Saviour": There is only one Saviour, and it is not me. #Jesus

Looks like we might have a good Catholic man running for President of this country in 2016! (Thanks be to God!)

He is Catholic, conservative, a family man, of Hispanic/Cuban heritage, and a Senator from Florida - what more could we want!

May God and the Holy Spirit guide him during these 4 years until the election in 2016.

--hide--

Well the only truly good thing about Obama winning his re-election is that we only have to wait four years instead of eight to get someone elected into the White House that comes from the working class, is pro-life and when dubbed as a saviour rose up to correct the media which is more than can be said about oir current president.. biggrin Praying rosary theheart

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Patricia: I think you should also consider Chris Christie. He has done a lot to help N...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Patricia: I think you should also consider Chris Christie. He has done a lot to help New Jersey. The liberals from

I don't want to hear about his weight because I think that being fat or being overweight is one of the only frontiers
that is still open for belittling. Yea sure, he can get a stoke or heart attack. Well, Letterman, a skinny nothing, had
quadruple surgery and he was making fun of Chrisie when he was on the Letterman show. Double standard makes
me sick.

Christie puts all he has into running a good Government. I hope he considers running next election.

--hide--

I thought you might appreciate this Marianne. Chris Christie reminds me of the Characters played by John Candy. One thing that these characters portrayed is that they did what was necessary when it was necssary. I am giving you a hug for speaking up for the fat people hug

Connie Schultz: Look at politics, not pounds, when sizing up Chris Christie

www.orlandosentinel.com

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Patricia: I think you should also consider Chris Christie. He has done a lot to help N...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

me sick.

--hide--

hug That is for speaking for the fat people who are stereotyped as lazy and undisciplined. However it is the politics that is important when sizing up a possible candidate for the presidential primaries in 2016.

www.orlandosentinel.com

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: That is for speaking for the fat people who are stereotyped as lazy and undiscipline...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

That is for speaking for the fat people who are stereotyped as lazy and undisciplined. However it is the politics that is important when sizing up a possible candidate for the presidential primaries in 2016.

www.orlandosentinel.com

--hide--

That was a good article, Elizabeth. The bottom line of the article is, the writer was liberal, and said that there is a
lot more than Christie's weight to not vote for him. Well, she is right, if you are liberal, but if you are a Catholic
and a conservative, his politics is what will make you vote for him. Besides, if Christie does four years in the
White House, he will be remarkable. He takes no prisoners. And he will be on God's side. God does not care
about weight.

The irony of his appearance on the David Letterman show is that Letterman, a skinny and antisocial person, had
a quadruple bypass several years ago. That shows that fat isn't the only indicator of health issues.

Just wondering why the author of this thread has taken no interest in responding to Christie as choice for the
next president.

Posts 11 - 20 of 23