Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I have several but I will start with this one. Every Easter, we all got new outfits and shoes. My sisters and I are all one year apart (there are three of us) and my brother is 5 years younger than me. Us girls always got the same outfit but in different colors and Joey with a little suit. Each year, Mom would take pictures in the front yard with us holding on to the same tree branch. It is still the beginning of spring on Easter, so the tree is bare. Looking back at those pictures, all of us getting our permanent teeth and growing along with that little maple tree really is funny. That memory still brings a smile to my face. Would you share your memories? Eileen
Feb 8th 2013 new

my granddad would always have an Easter egg hunt. being out in the country, there was a lot of land to hide eggs. he made sure we all received prizes. my mom and dad have now been doing the same thing 30-40 years, everybody comes. it is like a reunion esp.with the youngest members ( her great grand kids).

i remember the party dresses a Mr. gretsky would bring back from nyc. my mom lent them to someone and never received them back. can you put your pictures on line so we can see the outfits eileen? i would love to see them!!

Feb 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Helen-881220 said: my granddad would always have an Easter egg hunt. being out in the country, there was a lot of land to hide egg...
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

my granddad would always have an Easter egg hunt. being out in the country, there was a lot of land to hide eggs. he made sure we all received prizes. my mom and dad have now been doing the same thing 30-40 years, everybody comes. it is like a reunion esp.with the youngest members ( her great grand kids).

i remember the party dresses a Mr. gretsky would bring back from nyc. my mom lent them to someone and never received them back. can you put your pictures on line so we can see the outfits eileen? i would love to see them!!

--hide--
I would love to but my brother got custody of the family pictures when my mother passed away and he is a bit of a hoarder and still has yet to locate them. We had a lot of photos we used to look at over the kitchen table and make comments about each other...who we looked like and where did we get that expression and oh my ....lots of stuff. I remember playing a game with buttons and old maid. My mother would tell stories and we would be a captive audience. It was so much fun. We thought we were rich because we laughed so much.
Feb 8th 2013 new

aww, too bad about brother dear getting all the pictures. you bet i'd be in his house searching for them, while he ate that pie i made for him. crossfingers rose

Feb 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Helen-881220 said: aww, too bad about brother dear getting all the pictures. you bet i'd be in his house searching for them, w...
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

aww, too bad about brother dear getting all the pictures. you bet i'd be in his house searching for them, while he ate that pie i made for him.

--hide--
He lives in Massachusetts but my sister who lives down the way from him has offered to help him find them so we could at least split them up between us but no luck yet. I think all us girls are going to have to arrange an Intervention like that tv show!
Posts 1 - 5 of 5