Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Why is Congress so pathetic?

Feb 8th 2013 new

A recent poll found that Congress was less popular than root canals, cockroaches and traffic jams.

The Constitution, I believe, allows Congress to make its own rules under which it operates.

Is that part of the problem? I think so.

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: A recent poll found that Congress was less popular than root canals, cockroaches and traffic jams.
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

A recent poll found that Congress was less popular than root canals, cockroaches and traffic jams.

The Constitution, I believe, allows Congress to make its own rules under which it operates.

Is that part of the problem? I think so.

--hide--

Well, there is another election in 2014. Perhaps this time, there will be more changes!

Feb 8th 2013 new
They are completely corrupt. A majority of Americans are opposed to bank bailouts but international financial institutions want taxpayer funding. A majority of Americans oppose endless war but the arms industry wants war. A majority of Americans oppose Obama care but the insurance industry wants obamacare. A majority of Americans want our borders to be secure but big business wants cheap labor so our borders stay unsecure. The SEC doesn't regulate banks, the FDA doesn't regulate big pharma, the USDA is beholden to big agriculture. General Electric pays 0 taxes (look it up) while our payroll taxes are raised. Everything is going as big money plans it. Our standard of living will continue to decline until a large enough percentage of Americans are willing to put forth the work required to sustain our republic. As long as we pay more attention to football than what our elected representatives are doing we will be taken advantage of.
Feb 8th 2013 new

Ann Coulter: 'You Really Wonder If Democrats Would Win Any Elections If We Had An Honest Media'

www.mrctv.org

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Well, there is another election in 2014. Perhaps this time, there will be more changes!...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Well, there is another election in 2014. Perhaps this time, there will be more changes!

--hide--

Yes, Patricia, but they will still be operating under their own rules. They will allow themselves NOT to pass a budget, they will pass insanely complex bills only a Philadelphia lawyer could comprehend, they will play parliamentary games at the expense of the taxpayer, etc, etc.

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) As long as we pay more attention to football than what our elected representatives are doing we will be taken advantage of.
(Quote) As long as we pay more attention to football than what our elected representatives are doing we will be taken advantage of.
--hide--

I agree.

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Ann Coulter: 'You Really Wonder If Democrats Would Win Any Elections If We Had An Honest Medi...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Ann Coulter: 'You Really Wonder If Democrats Would Win Any Elections If We Had An Honest Media'

www.mrctv.org

--hide--

MSM is directly involved in destroying this great country. I am afraid an honest media is something we can only dream of.

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Ann Coulter: 'You Really Wonder If Democrats Would Win Any Elections If We Had An Honest Medi...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

www.mrctv.org

--hide--
How about an honest election : townhall.com

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Grant-863644 said: They are completely corrupt. A majority of Americans are opposed to bank bailouts but international fina...
(Quote) Grant-863644 said: They are completely corrupt. A majority of Americans are opposed to bank bailouts but international financial institutions want taxpayer funding. A majority of Americans oppose endless war but the arms industry wants war. A majority of Americans oppose Obama care but the insurance industry wants obamacare. A majority of Americans want our borders to be secure but big business wants cheap labor so our borders stay unsecure. The SEC doesn't regulate banks, the FDA doesn't regulate big pharma, the USDA is beholden to big agriculture. General Electric pays 0 taxes (look it up) while our payroll taxes are raised. Everything is going as big money plans it. Our standard of living will continue to decline until a large enough percentage of Americans are willing to put forth the work required to sustain our republic. As long as we pay more attention to football than what our elected representatives are doing we will be taken advantage of.
--hide--

"Our standard of living will continue to decline until a large enough percentage of Americans are willing to put forth
the work required to sustain our republic."

Grant, I am not sure the above quote, with regard to sustaining our republic, will be possible with people
voting for the person who offers free enticements. Those voters don't care about our country or what
will happen to it. As we are sinking, those voters want to milk the system, and at the same time, the politicians
are securing votes to socialize the country even further with those freebies.

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: How about an honest election : townhall.com.
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

How about an honest election : townhall.com

--hide--

Well, Bernie, you have been gone for awhile. Many of us here on CM know that there was a tremendous
amount of voter fraud, and they have posted references all during the run up to the election.

Why nothing has been done, we don't know? But then, this is America, and in America today,
Americans are not a priority. I know that and many Americans know that. But we do not
know how or why this is happening and why it is getting worse.

I hope to God they check out that voter fraud. It would be a good start.

Posts 1 - 10 of 14