Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Do you believe that people who have committed heinous crimes and been convicted of those ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Do you believe that people who have committed heinous crimes and been convicted of those crimes should not be called criminals because it robs them of their dignity?

The term illegal aliens robs no one of their dignity. It accurately describes their status. No person has a right to enter any country of which they are not citizens without permission of the Government of that Country who have a perfect right to set the rules for entry into a country.

We have a lot of these illegals from Mexico, and if they had actually done this to Mexico they would be treated a lot worse there then we treat them.

A country has both the legal and moral right to deport people who have entered the country illegally. And there is no stigma of "intrinsic evil' connected with that right.

By the way, you do realize that under the law, if you made a trip to Europe this summer, when you return, you have no right to enter the US until you prove you are entitled to do so? If you should show up at customs with no proof of your right to be here, they can load you on the next plane out going to whatever country you just came from. If that rule applies to you, it sure as h--- applies to anyone from another country who enters the US illegally.

--hide--

"By the way, you do realize that under the law, if you made a trip to Europe this summer, when you return, you have no right to enter the US until you prove you are entitled to do so? If you should show up at customs with no proof of your right to be here, they can load you on the next plane out going to whatever country you just came from. If that rule applies to you, it sure as h--- applies to anyone from another country who enters the US illegally."

Paul:

Your above statement can even be modified to say that if someone gets on a commerical plane heading for the US,
then they must have either a US Passport, or Visa or something that will show that they will be let in the country. From
what I have heard, the airline would have to absorb the cost of returning the passenger if they are not allowed in the US.

That is a good point though. When I return from overseas, I have to line up with the rest of the US Passport carrying
people to gain access. The illegals just omit that step. They make a concerted effort to break our laws.

Mar 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Last night on the radio I heard a few men talking about how the powerful "eight" congressmenha...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Last night on the radio I heard a few men talking about how the powerful "eight" congressmen
have manipulated the proposed Immigration Reform bill to include immediate legality to
work and live in the United States for those here illegally.

This new Immigration Reform bill would additionally bypass the ongoing rhetoric
Americans have been hearing, about securing the border first.

I am starting to think that this is going to be another magnet for drawing
people into America.

It also has negative consequences for the already dismal job market, and it has
other consequences considering that America is just instituting socialized medicine.

Is this something we should be worried about? What about the age-old concept
that illegals do jobs Americas don't do? Who will fill those jobs?

--hide--
"How many people even know that we advertise our government benefits in foreign countries?"

Senate Democrats Endorse Continued Advertising of Food Stamps in Mexico freedomoutpost.com
Apr 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: "How many people even know that we advertise our government benefits in foreign countries?"
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: "How many people even know that we advertise our government benefits in foreign countries?"

Senate Democrats Endorse Continued Advertising of Food Stamps in Mexico freedomoutpost.com
--hide--
Dems Vote To Fund Food Stamp Promotions On Mexican Soil

www.westernjournalism.com
Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Dems Vote To Fund Food Stamp Promotions On Mexican Soil www.westernjournalism.com.
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Dems Vote To Fund Food Stamp Promotions On Mexican Soil

www.westernjournalism.com
--hide--

Mary:

They can't ruin this country fast enough. What the heck is going on? With the price of food today, every American,
and I mean tried-and-true American (who cares about this country), can use food stamps.

Who cares about Mexico? Mexico is not the responsibility of our country. Mexico does not care one iota about America
except for how they can use us.

We are the ones responsible for America. If it fails, it is Americans that will suffer. This one-world philosophy will doom us.
Remember, America, of the people, by the people and for the people.

That is part of the doctrine of our country. The founding fathers were ingenious because they took all the positive things
that made a country great, and deliberately left out all the negative, burdening things that would harm a society,
and then rolled all that up into the founding principles forming a new country.

Apr 5th 2013 new
Because I speak Spanish I listen to a radio station in Atlanta which is a Spanish news and music station.One of the jokes the announcer tells repeatedly is hey gringos looking a job come to Mexico that's where your job is!!? Sometimes you don't know whether to scream or laugh.Believe it or not Mexico has an illegal alien problem with Guatemalains coming to Mexico doing jobs for less than Mexicans will work for,crazy but true?The difference is in Mexico they are robbed,beaten and killed,no welfare foodstamps,health care or free lunch your kids.The Mexican legal system really works the illegals over big time starting with the local police,there not exactly reading them their maranda rights to say the least!!!
Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-925515 said: Because I speak Spanish I listen to a radio station in Atlanta which is a Spanish news and music station.O...
(Quote) Tom-925515 said: Because I speak Spanish I listen to a radio station in Atlanta which is a Spanish news and music station.One of the jokes the announcer tells repeatedly is hey gringos looking a job come to Mexico that's where your job is!!? Sometimes you don't know whether to scream or laugh.Believe it or not Mexico has an illegal alien problem with Guatemalains coming to Mexico doing jobs for less than Mexicans will work for,crazy but true?The difference is in Mexico they are robbed,beaten and killed,no welfare foodstamps,health care or free lunch your kids.The Mexican legal system really works the illegals over big time starting with the local police,there not exactly reading them their maranda rights to say the least!!!
--hide--

That is very interesting, Tom. That is good that you can understand the Spanish stations.

I really thought that Mexico did not allow illegals into the country. I thought they jailed them or shot them or something.

Apr 6th 2013 new
They do,but they still come!!The ones that are not able to make it here stay in Mexico and work until there caught!
Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-925515 said: They do,but they still come!!The ones that are not able to make it here stay in Mexico and work until ther...
(Quote) Tom-925515 said: They do,but they still come!!The ones that are not able to make it here stay in Mexico and work until there caught!
--hide--

I have friends of mine who just bought a house somewhere in the Western part of Mexico. It must be near the water.

There were so many restrictions on how much they could take with them to Mexico among other things. The cost of
living was much lower than here in New York.

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-925515 said: They do,but they still come!!The ones that are not able to make it here stay in Mexico and work until ther...
(Quote) Tom-925515 said: They do,but they still come!!The ones that are not able to make it here stay in Mexico and work until there caught!
--hide--

Tom: Don't most of the people who come through the Southern US border have to access Mexico to get here. I wonder
how so many can get through if Mexico is so hostile to foreigners?

Posts 151 - 159 of 159