Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 9th 2013 new

It seems to work both ways. Not just for the ladies but the men also. They can fill it out completely. The profile does not need to be a novel but enought to hopefully generate an interest. I have seen profiles that state I will finish this later and nothing else is really writen at a later time.

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-791226 said: Hello ladies, I have a request on behalf of us men. We love to initiate contact with you. But it's...
(Quote) Richard-791226 said: Hello ladies, I have a request on behalf of us men. We love to initiate contact with you. But it's REALLY difficult to start a conversation when you have hardly anything written down in your profile. Fill that thing up! The more the better! Seriously, it will make our job so much easier. Thanks!
--hide--

Some of us have had the long, detailed, well thought out profile and found it didn't make any difference..

#1. A lot of men have admitted they don't read them. Especially if they are long..

#2. They have to actually open the profile in the first place to read it.. It's completely pointless to have a beautifully written profile if it never gets opened.. I took all the activity stuff out of mine.. They want to know about me, then there is plenty they could ask about after a conversation is open.. I volunteer a lot of info on my own after there is communication.

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Some of us have had the long, detailed, well thought out profile and found it didn...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Some of us have had the long, detailed, well thought out profile and found it didn't make any difference..

#1. A lot of men have admitted they don't read them. Especially if they are long..

#2. They have to actually open the profile in the first place to read it.. It's completely pointless to have a beautifully written profile if it never gets opened.. I took all the activity stuff out of mine.. They want to know about me, then there is plenty they could ask about after a conversation is open.. I volunteer a lot of info on my own after there is communication.

--hide--

It seems to me that the men that you mention (that don't even open the profile), who wants a man who only looks at the pictures and has nothing to say! Not ME!

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: It seems to me that the men that you mention (that don't even open the profile...
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

It seems to me that the men that you mention (that don't even open the profile), who wants a man who only looks at the pictures and has nothing to say! Not ME!

--hide--
a profile should read like a book you don't want to put down! and pictures (that i have been guilty of not doing) also can be very descriptive of your personality, your feelings and your "loves".

Feb 9th 2013 new

I know I'm out of your age range, but please feel free to check mine out and let me know what I could do better. Someone outside CM suggested maybe I have too much detail.

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: Agreed-- conversing with a blank or nearly-blank profile is like trying to start a conversation with a ...
(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: Agreed-- conversing with a blank or nearly-blank profile is like trying to start a conversation with a mannequin.
--hide--

Interesting you should mention mannequins. We certainly are not that, and we have even discussed this problem of being seen as one...!

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-791226 said: Hello ladies, I have a request on behalf of us men. We love to initiate contact with you. But it's...
(Quote) Richard-791226 said: Hello ladies, I have a request on behalf of us men. We love to initiate contact with you. But it's REALLY difficult to start a conversation when you have hardly anything written down in your profile. Fill that thing up! The more the better! Seriously, it will make our job so much easier. Thanks!
--hide--

Please read my profile if you want to see one thet has information, I have abundant information, but many men never seem to read it.

Many or most men seem to be readily interested in pictures but drag their feet when it comes to reading the profile... Men - please read it.

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: It seems to me that the men that you mention (that don't even open the prof...
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

--hide--

Exactly Barbara.. GMTA! Especially with the picture function the way it is.. They don't even have to come in the profile to look at the pictures..

Feb 9th 2013 new

[quote]Sue-935039 said:

I know I'm out of your age range, but please feel free to check mine out and let me know what I could do better. Someone outside CM suggested maybe I have too much detail.

Sue, I know it is coming from a woman's point of view, but your profile is well-written and gives a wonderful picture of you as an involved and thoughtful person. Don't change a thing, in my opinion. BTW, I was born/raised in Ohio and the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.

Feb 9th 2013 new

I think my profile is nearly full to capacity <.< I am probably TOO open in it.

Posts 31 - 40 of 65