Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Lol never was a fan of red... But purple, turquoise, hot pink, and green did the trick. Grammar is sexy.....
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Lol never was a fan of red... But purple, turquoise, hot pink, and green did the trick. Grammar is sexy.... Just like chastity! ;)
--hide--

Tara,

Love it!! clap biggrin rosary

Christina

Feb 9th 2013 new

biggrin biggrin biggrin

Feb 9th 2013 new

Gonna be blunt here. (Who, me?)

When I don't see anything in the "kind of woman I'm seeking" section, but plenty in the "About me" part, I say to myself, "This guy isn't interested in anyone but himself. NEXT!"

Feb 9th 2013 new

Its a two way street, gents! ^__^ I've seen a few sparse profiles of late.

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-791226 said: Hello ladies, I have a request on behalf of us men. We love to initiate contact with you. But it's...
(Quote) Richard-791226 said: Hello ladies, I have a request on behalf of us men. We love to initiate contact with you. But it's REALLY difficult to start a conversation when you have hardly anything written down in your profile. Fill that thing up! The more the better! Seriously, it will make our job so much easier. Thanks!
--hide--

I posted this quote from my wise grandpa in a different thread, but I think it's equally applicable here. I believe this can be a practical rule of thumb... "consider it like a lady's skirt... it has to be long enough to cover the essential, but short enough to catch attention." wink

Feb 9th 2013 new

Thank you Lois! I appreciate the feedback!

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-791226 said: Hello ladies, I have a request on behalf of us men. We love to initiate contact with you. But it's...
(Quote) Richard-791226 said: Hello ladies, I have a request on behalf of us men. We love to initiate contact with you. But it's REALLY difficult to start a conversation when you have hardly anything written down in your profile. Fill that thing up! The more the better! Seriously, it will make our job so much easier. Thanks!
--hide--
On the other hand, it's a good opportunity to concentrate on what is there, and ask questions. Conversations can be quite fluent, even with perfect strangers. Don't feel your hands are tied because of what you perceive to be a lack of information. Some phone calls (first time calls) have lasted from 4-6 hours. If I can do it, and I'm not especially brilliant, you and the other guys can do it, too.

So.....start making calls.

Feb 10th 2013 new

My profile is filled. I am very honest about who I am and who I am looking and where. But from the messages I have received, men do not read it thoroughly. sad sad sad

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: I posted this quote from my wise grandpa in a different thread, but I think it's e...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

I posted this quote from my wise grandpa in a different thread, but I think it's equally applicable here. I believe this can be a practical rule of thumb... "consider it like a lady's skirt... it has to be long enough to cover the essential, but short enough to catch attention."

--hide--
wave Amen to You & Your Grandpa!! (Good one)!!

Feb 10th 2013 new
I didn't mean for this to become a thing of blaming, us vs. them, or for anyone to take this personally. I just wanted to encourage the ladies, since traditionally its the man's role to initiate things (and I'm pretty traditional), to help us out by making sure their profiles had a few things about themselves that helped to distinguish themselves, to be conversation starters. It's difficult and this is, at least in my opinion, an unnatural form of meeting and communicating. Pictures are very helpful as we men are visual creatures so seeing you in a multitude of settings and situations really does communicate a lot of who you are. If you like to be outdoors a nature shot is great, just don't fill up your album with scenery shots. One will get the point across that you love nature. ;) I'll be happy to look at the profiles of those who asked but I'll probably do it tomorrow. It's late and I have to be up early to work. :) God love you all.
Posts 41 - 50 of 65