Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-791226 said: It really is difficult to start a conversation with some of the basic slots they ask you to fill. Like...
(Quote) Richard-791226 said: It really is difficult to start a conversation with some of the basic slots they ask you to fill. Like, how am I supposed to start a conversation when all I know about you is that you are a middle child and you live in Debuque? I find the profiles that have a well filled out "About me" section are always the easiest to start a conversation with. Like I said, we fully embrace our role to initiate, but we need help!
--hide--

I understand what you're saying Richard, but I guess like it was told "is a balance"... Maybe there should be more info in some profiles but if that "role to initiate" is just done with an emoticon with no words on it... is the same for us... what's the expected answer to that? "Thank you"? Maybe you should go into polite words about the profile you are interested in or like the one before, just ask questions within reasonable limits.

Feb 10th 2013 new

to help us out by making sure their profiles had a few things about themselves that helped to distinguish themselves, to be conversation starters.

I've got mine filled to the brim, and I figure that the more I can put in the better in the hopes that the men might find one thing in common upon which to comment or ask questions. BUT, I'm not afraid to start conversations either. In fact, I probably start more message chains than not. Emoticons just don't do it for me, unless there's at least a reference to something in my/your profile to peak my interest too. Best wishes everyone!

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: It's not my fault people think of trouble when they see you posting. You get messages a...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

It's not my fault people think of trouble when they see you posting. You get messages about me? Really? Dang. Wished I'd get more messages about me. You hope my inbox is flooded?

--hide--

People are bored... what can I say? laughing

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: Agreed-- conversing with a blank or nearly-blank profile is like trying to start a conversation with a ...
(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: Agreed-- conversing with a blank or nearly-blank profile is like trying to start a conversation with a mannequin.
--hide--
laughing laughing laughing

Feb 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Interesting you should mention mannequins. We certainly are not that, and we have even discussed this p...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Interesting you should mention mannequins. We certainly are not that, and we have even discussed this problem of being seen as one...!

--hide--

I had mannequins on the brain because I was shopping for a pair of gloves not made in China in Macy's and JC Penney on Friday afternoon. I should note that the store had both female and male mannequins; likewise, I'm sure that men can be equally guilty as women of mannequinizing their profiles.
Feb 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

--hide--

Glad I gave you a chuckle on a day when not much is fun in Meriden, unless you like sledding!
Feb 10th 2013 new

Thanks for posing the question Richard! As you can see, this is a two sided issue.

Feb 10th 2013 new

As others have already pointed out, it's a two sided issue.

Some help for those -male and female- that don't have a verbose profile:

What is your favorite pastimes? Do you like sports? Hobbies? Reading? Cooking? And why is it your favorite pastime?

Do you have animals? Siblings? What is your home life situation?

Where did you grow up?

Do you like to travel? Is so, where? If not, why not?

That should get you started on a couple of paragraphs.

Feb 10th 2013 new

Actually I do... an no I really don't have dirty socks...

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: That's it! A guy who picks up his laundry!
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

That's it! A guy who picks up his laundry!

--hide--

Feb 10th 2013 new

True... LOL!

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: People are bored... what can I say?
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

People are bored... what can I say?

--hide--

Posts 51 - 60 of 65