Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Interesting you should mention mannequins. We...
(Quote) Andrew-290721 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Interesting you should mention mannequins. We certainly are not that, and we have even discussed this problem of being seen as one...!

I had mannequins on the brain because I was shopping for a pair of gloves not made in China in Macy's and JC Penney on Friday afternoon. I should note that the store had both female and male mannequins; likewise, I'm sure that men can be equally guilty as women of mannequinizing their profiles.
--hide--

It is no problem. It just hit me right after some persons had been talking about feeling like we are mannequins on here.

Feb 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Richard-791226 said: It really is difficult to start a conversation with some of the basic slots they ask you to fill. Like, how am I...
(Quote) Richard-791226 said: It really is difficult to start a conversation with some of the basic slots they ask you to fill. Like, how am I supposed to start a conversation when all I know about you is that you are a middle child and you live in Debuque? I find the profiles that have a well filled out "About me" section are always the easiest to start a conversation with.

Like I said, we fully embrace our role to initiate, but we need help!
--hide--

Being a middle child could fuel a whole conversation about the psychology of growing up as such! LOL
Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-791226 said: It's REALLY difficult to start a conversation when you have hardly anything written down in your p...
(Quote) Richard-791226 said: It's REALLY difficult to start a conversation when you have hardly anything written down in your profile. Fill that thing up! It will make our job so much easier. Thanks!
--hide--

Way to go, Richard! highfive I totally agree!

Now, let me preface this message with the caveat that I haven't read all of the other messages in this thread, so what I say here may have already been said, but...

CM ladies, a lot of you have a bunch of things written in your profile -- thanks! highfive

But many others have next to nothing written in theirs. To those CM ladies, what Richard has written above probably hasn't occurred to you, but it would be much easier for us guys to ask you about something in your profile if there is something more than just the "bare bones" in there.

I've always been told (by successful CMers) that giving examples is better than just "I like movie comedies." Matter of fact, one CM lady and I even bonded over a specific movie that both of us liked. That movie was listed in both of our profiles.

Specific examples can make your profile stand out among the thousands here at CM.

Thanks again, Richard for bringing this up. And thanks, ladies, for reading this topic!

God Bless (and it's good to be back at CM),
Steve

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: Glad I gave you a chuckle on a day when not much is fun in Meriden, unless you like sledding! ...
(Quote) Andrew-290721 said:

Glad I gave you a chuckle on a day when not much is fun in Meriden, unless you like sledding!

--hide--
Yes, it did relieve the stress. I was ready to trade in my 2 hellokitty hellokitty for 2 strong bulldog bulldog . Hitch a sled to them and I'm ready to go. penguin penguin Thanks for the chuckle.

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: My profile has lots of words, an interview, lots of pics too!
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: My profile has lots of words, an interview, lots of pics too!
--hide--

Mine too, I don't want it to sound like WAR AND PEACE now, LOL...

Posts 61 - 65 of 65