Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

As I peruse different profiles of gentlemen on Catholic Match, I notice that some indicate that for the right person they would consider a long distance relationship. Then in answer to "Would you relocate?" the answer often is "I can't". Just curious, how many people actually would be willing to up-root and relocate? Just wondering.......

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-637223 said: As I peruse different profiles of gentlemen on Catholic Match, I notice that some indicate that fo...
(Quote) Mary-637223 said:

As I peruse different profiles of gentlemen on Catholic Match, I notice that some indicate that for the right person they would consider a long distance relationship. Then in answer to "Would you relocate?" the answer often is "I can't". Just curious, how many people actually would be willing to up-root and relocate? Just wondering.......

--hide--
I am looking to fulfill a lifelong dream of mine--to live in Wisconsin. I am planning to move there in a few years, once my son is in university. So yes, I am willing to relocate, in a manner of speaking. I know this is different than my uprooting from AZ and moving to marry a man, which is what your topic is about. It's a tough call when one has two wishes or dreams: a place and a person.

Feb 9th 2013 new

May your dream come true, Lina!

Feb 9th 2013 new

Me personally I would relocate ifor the right woman. If God had intended my soulmate to be right next door I would have found her. actually I married my next door neighbor-now she's my EX-wife. We don't know with who we will fall in love with and relocating to start a ife together is something I have done before and would do again.

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I am looking to fulfill a lifelong dream of mine--to live in Wisconsin. I am planning to move ther...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

I am looking to fulfill a lifelong dream of mine--to live in Wisconsin. I am planning to move there in a few years, once my son is in university. So yes, I am willing to relocate, in a manner of speaking. I know this is different than my uprooting from AZ and moving to marry a man, which is what your topic is about. It's a tough call when one has two wishes or dreams: a place and a person.

--hide--
Let me know when you've moved to Wisconsin. I'll relocate to Arizona then... wink

Feb 9th 2013 new

Sometimes people in our age range have some self-imposed, and often very important, reasons why they choose not to relocate. For me, I chose not to relocate while my aging parents were still alive, as they had sacrificed so much for me when I was younger that I just couldn't allow myself to leave them alone when they were attheir most vulnerable stage. Others want to remain near their children and grandchildren, and I can appreciate that as well.

I'm now at point at which I could see myself relocating for romance, under the "Ms Right" circumstances. Maybe not to just anywhere, there are certain parts of the country that do and others that do not interest me for living. The biggest challenge I think I would have in relocating would be finding appropriate employment at my age.

Feb 9th 2013 new

You're right, Kevin. We can't control near or far. You are in a good position because you are flexible.

Feb 9th 2013 new

Ray, you'll miss Lina going that route!

Feb 9th 2013 new

Michael, that is so true. For example, my siblings and I are very fortunate to still have our Mom who is 86 and doing quite well. It really would not be a time in my Life where I would be in a position to relocate. I am a retired teacher; so that is not an issue.

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-637223 said: Ray, you'll miss Lina going that route!
(Quote) Mary-637223 said:

Ray, you'll miss Lina going that route!

--hide--
That's the whole idea, Mary. I don't blame her (or anyone) for wanting to move to Wisconsin, though.

On a serious note, I'm not serious. Lina and I do a fair amount of teasing, and you created a perfect opportunity to do this.

You'll see more kidding amongst the members as you spend more time here.

Enjoy!!!!

Posts 1 - 10 of 60